It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Talk Old School!! {Video Games}

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Though I enjoy newer games, nothing beats the classics, or even the ones that you cant get anymore. So I would like to add some of my old favorites, that I enjoyed, or even that I am embarrassed to say I couldn't finish.

I.Q (Intelligent Cube) -PS1

I spent wayyy to much time on this one, but it was quite addicting!

Ecco The Dolphin - Sega Genesis

Never finished it, got it for the 360, and got frustrated.

Beavis and Butthead - Sega Genesis

A guilty pleasure at the time, after a six pack this was hilarious.

X-Men - Sega Genesis

Didn't finish it, I always got stuck.

Gitaroo Man - PS1
I thought I would add my favorite song

Fatal Frame -PS1
Scared the crap out of me!

And of course all Mario games!

Share some of your favorites!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Man I wish I was this old school
I'd be in my early 30's again.

as opposed to when I played old games, when I was about 9 or 10.

no one remembers those things, like sharp mz-700's or zx-spectrums... we needed a lemon, two prongs and a jar of salt to run the things, because electricity wasn't invented yet.

edit _ I tried to find a screen shot of the awesome graphics we had, but sadly it was before people could actually do that funky thing, and the emulators.. well thats just cheating imo..

edit on 3/12/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The Legend of Zelda, original, screen scrolling, overhead view for Nintendo 1986!
I still play it to this day, along with the rest of the Zelda series of course.

oh and while we're on the topic

up up down down left right left right B A!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Thought Id help with the memories, I introduce..... drum roll please....

Bruce Lee

Sharp MZ-800 (MZ-700) from years 1984-1988

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I remember playing zelda, castlevania, metroid, rygar the good ole days of nintendo... I remember when SNES came out, the difference in graphics were mind blowing to me at the time and most of those series excluding rygar made a very nice transition to that system..... Ehhh the only thing I really remember from genesis was Sonic other than that I can't really think of any other games from that console....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Thought Id add some more.

Rootbeer Tapper - ColecoVision

Got it again for the 360, cant get past the 5th stage LOL.

Donkey Kong - Nintendo 1981

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
OOO snap I just forgot a game I haven't thought of in a long long time.... Anyone remember or play Burger Time? lol

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Oh and who didn't get completely frustrated with this one??

The Legend of Kage -

IT NEVER ENDS!! I wish someone would have told me back then!

And for you my friend-

Intellivision® TV Commercial: BurgerTime (animated)

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I had a spectrum for a while but I mostly remember playing with my Ataris 800 XL (which I still have)

One of my favourite games was "the goonies" which as it came on tape only had about a 25% chance of ever actually loading when you wanted to play it

But my absolute favourite was Pole position, it was on a cartridge so it worked. The music makes me feel like a child again

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Thanks for the burger time vid but the legend of kage is embedded or something I can't watch it.... From just the starting picture it reminded me of a old game where it's either you or the enemies that go from tree to tree, I could never remember the name of it though..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Thanks for the burger time vid but the legend of kage is embedded or something I can't watch it.... From just the starting picture it reminded me of a old game where it's either you or the enemies that go from tree to tree, I could never remember the name of it though..

Sorry about the embedded one, I didn't know, but you have a good memory, just from the photo, thats the one. Its the Legend of Kage, and it doesn't have an ending, if you play it enough, you notice the pattern, but it takes alot of time.

Also, when you think your at the end.... it starts Allllllll over again.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Nobody has mentioned Pitfall yet?

edit on 3-12-2010 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I had a spectrum for a while but I mostly remember playing with my Ataris 800 XL (which I still have)

One of my favourite games was "the goonies" which as it came on tape only had about a 25% chance of ever actually loading when you wanted to play it

But my absolute favourite was Pole position, it was on a cartridge so it worked. The music makes me feel like a child again

I never played the Goonies (love the movie though), but loved pole position. It sounds so weird sometimes when we use the word "cartridge"

I remember the migraines I would get trying to blow on them to work
Now all we have to do is wipe the disc, and there are no parents freaking out because their kid passed out for blowing a cartridge for 20 min. Oh the brain cells we could have saved!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is thread after my own heart, so many good retro games. Let's see where do I begin?

Archon

NBA Jam

Command & Conquer

Q-Bert

Test Drive

So many more but those were on the top of my head.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I liked the arcade games:

Galaxian, Satan's Hollow. But Defender was the best.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Oh and I almost forgot my favorite retro online multiplayer game of all time. Air Warrior 1, 2, and 3 I miss Air Warrior so much. Too much fun...

edit on 3-12-2010 by majesticgent because: first vid didn't play embedded

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I also have fond memories of OutRun for the Atari ST

The game was atrocious but it came with an audio tape that you were supposed to play in the background while you played the game

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I loved Outrun for my Atari and I think I had it on C64 too. I have the Outrun car as my Tom Tom GPS logo instead of the plain boring arrow.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Also loved Sega Swirl, for the Dreamcast!! We all know that this got discontinued due to a faulty laser, even though it was easily swapped. I miss you Dreamcast!

Sega Swirl: A Lost Dreamcast Game

I used to kick my brothers butt on this one!

To me I was an older player when I found video games, so I was able to have a better leg up. I still love games though I have gotten older, I do enjoy first person shooters, but I am still a puzzle geek at heart. I think that these games have helped many kids with their minds today, I want to thank everyone that shared a game, and the poster who reminded me that I completely forgot Pit Fall

Also I had to mention, my all time fav, on ALL systems.
Tetris! I played this in the arcade, even though I was the only one, even if I went to sneak over and play Street Fighter.

Peace, BTW I am enjoying checking out the games I never heard of and the older systems that I was unaware of!
Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Pitfall was an excellent game. Way ahead of it's time! I liked playing Jumpman which was very similar and just as entertaining. It's funny how these games people are posting are bringing back nostalgia.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join