It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaks Reveal US Manipulating Climate Accord

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Hidden behind the save-the-world rhetoric of the global climate change negotiations lies the mucky realpolitik: money and threats buy political support; spying and cyberwarfare are used to seek out leverage.

The US diplomatic cables reveal how the US seeks dirt on nations opposed to its approach to tackling global warming; how financial and other aid is used by countries to gain political backing; how distrust, broken promises and creative accounting dog negotiations; and how the US mounted a secret global diplomatic offensive to overwhelm opposition to the controversial "Copenhagen accord", the unofficial document that emerged from the ruins of the Copenhagen climate change summit in 2009.

Source

Well, it's not like we didn't suspect it before but the new leaks from Wikileaks reveal US threatening others when it comes to climate change and the Climate Summit.

All I can say is: Wow.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hmm. Nice thread OP. This info could be very useful. Everyone knows that they manipulated the climate because they wanted money.
btw s and f

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It's just mind boggling so many thought Nothing of the Climate Summit.

Really? Nothing? The most powerful men and women coming into a summit about Climate using their private jets is nothing? That's the first clue of corruption

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Hidden behind the save-the-world rhetoric of the global climate change negotiations lies the mucky realpolitik: money and threats buy political support; spying and cyberwarfare are used to seek out leverage.

The US diplomatic cables reveal how the US seeks dirt on nations opposed to its approach to tackling global warming; how financial and other aid is used by countries to gain political backing; how distrust, broken promises and creative accounting dog negotiations; and how the US mounted a secret global diplomatic offensive to overwhelm opposition to the controversial "Copenhagen accord", the unofficial document that emerged from the ruins of the Copenhagen climate change summit in 2009.

Source

Well, it's not like we didn't suspect it before but the new leaks from Wikileaks reveal US threatening others when it comes to climate change and the Climate Summit.

All I can say is: Wow.

I can't help thinking of all the fingerprints, DNA, personal passwords, credit card details, etc, which were collected on political figures worldwide....leverage? ....the mind boggles.
edit on 3-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
BUT BUT

isnt global warming PROVEN?

BUT BUT

isnt men directly responsible?

who knows, but those tactics dont help the truth ...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Nice find..

I'm sure the ones saying Wikileaks is owned by Soros or the CIA will be along shortly to explain this away as fitting the NWO agenda..

s&f...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
Hmm. Nice thread OP. This info could be very useful. Everyone knows that they manipulated the climate because they wanted money.
btw s and f

The article says nothing about climate change being a hoax. It just says that the American government was being disreputable in trying to convince other countries to do things such as cut greenhouse gasses.

Climate Change IS happening.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all. The global warming due to human activity falicy plays straight into the hands of the oil companies who have a long history of lobbying governments for their agenda. Finding and extracting oil is getting harder and much more expensive (BP oil disaster is an example). Getting the public to quickly ditch fossil fuels for more profitable, sorry, "Greener" technology is the plan. Getting people to feel guilty is a great way of promoting change and getting people to except the much higher price of renewable energy. We can all agree that we need to start finding new ways to reduce our depenancy on oil but unfortunately increasing profit and tax revenue seems to be the driving factors. No one seems to be looking for a replacement for plastics which can only be made using oil and is killing our planet much quicker than the CO2 emissions. Farmed animals for meat produces much higher levels of green house gases as they produce Methane which is 20 times more potent than C02 and is responsible for alot of deforestation which obviously decreases the CO2 absorbtion due to a lack of trees. McDonalds should therefore be heavily taxed for their cows! Sorry, I forgot that McDonalds is part of the Military Industrial Complex and therefore is exempt!

As the real data shows that the average temperature of the planet has actually been decreasing since 1995 it is my gut feeling that the TPTB are trying to speed up the arrival of the next Ice Age as it is a great way for reducing the world's population. You cannot grow enough food to support the current population if 1/3 of the land mass is under ice.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

No I meant Manipulating the Climate, not manipulating the fact it hapened

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
No surprise here,its not one bit about saving the planet, its ALL about the money. The banksters are dying to trade carbon credits on wall street,thats ALL its about and nothing more. Yeah the climate is changing the sun sets and the sun rises and the earth rotates.

top topics

join