It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really are UFO's? They may not be what we think.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Last night my mind was wondering while watching the new 'Ancient aliens' episode, and it took a akward turn. I'm afraid that I'm not the best at translating my thoughts to tangable and/or coherant text, and my spelling at times is lacking but bear with me....

It's common knowledge that throughout the eons different cultures viewed UFO's as different things. Some saw them as 'Flying Turtles', some as 'Chariots', I could go on and on with specific(and different) views as to what each specific culture saw and attributed these UFO's to. But for the most part, they saw, described, and attributed these UFO's to things that were specific and more or less understood to there way of life.

So, I got to thinking....

Are we any different? Are we simply seeing these UFO's as a reflection of our times and understandings? More so to the actual point, are these UFO's actually taking the form of something that can be understood(for the most part) to the culture(s) that are seeing them? What if 500 years from now, technology is much more organic and energy based. Would UFO's take the appearance of physical energy or something reflective of there limits of understandings?

So, I thought even further in to this. What if UFO's are actually a life form in and of themselvs? Something like morphhing, alloy based spores that can transform in to anything by telepathicly picking up on the concious of the viewer? Similar to what happens with light when being viewed(or not), but a much more elaborate...?

I dont know... It's still a somewhat incomplete thought. But I think it may be possible that UFO's may not actually be what we are precieving them to be. And they may have the ability to make those preceptions a reality in our point of view.... And if this is the case, what could we possibly do to get to the true nature of what they are? If we could assume for a moment that UFO's could be elemental 'spores' of energy based intelligence, capable of altering reality for the viewer(s), is there any hope of us scratching the surface of there true nature? Intention(assuming they have one)?

It's somewhat of a humbling thought, to think that there is no possible way to ever comprehend something. But I would like to hear what anyone may have to offer, question, or say about this.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

When I was 15 years old, I'm 31 now, me and my brother watched some incredibly strange lights,in the sky. They were flying around a radio tower,a half mile from our location. I've spent 16 years wandering if I will ever find out what they were. I've had the same thoughts as you. What if they are earth lights,aliens, or their own life form. The answer to your idea, is the people who know what they are aren't talking publicly.

edit on 3-12-2010 by hammerofthor because: drinking

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hammerofthor

When I was 15 years old, I'm 31 now, me and my brother watched some incredibly strange lights,in the sky. They were flying around a radio tower,a half mile from our location. I've spent 16 years wandering if I will ever find out what they were. I've had the same thoughts as you. What if they are earth lights,aliens, or their own life form. The answer to your question, is the people who know what they are aren't talking publicly.

Your last line is somewhat my point...

What if no one really knows what they are? What if those who 'think' they know are only being misled by an intelligent life form who can alter reality based on perception...?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

What if UFO's are actually a life form in and of themselvs? Something like morphhing, alloy based spores that can transform in to anything by telepathicly picking up on the concious of the viewer?

Sounds like a good plot for a sci fi movie!
Ancient Aliens is a great show and this 2nd season has been inspiring. Granted much of it is known, but there is new stuff too. The Hitler one was awesome!
Here's a link to the most recent one:
Ancient Aliens 2-06
And the other episodes:
Ancient Aliens Season 2

I hear what you are saying and was reminded of McKenna's perspective on ufos, and how we assign whatever sensory interpretation that is most familiar to us, not necessarily making it accurate. He mentions the spore-like nature of these phenomenon.

Peace,
spec
edit on 3-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Cool, I'll have to check that out!

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I know what your getting at but, Thinking about this too deeply will make you lose sleep. Trust me.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hammerofthor

I know what your getting at but, Thinking about this too deeply will make you lose sleep. Trust me.

Lol, yes you are right! It was more or less a runaway thought as if it took me on it's own path or train.
edit on 3-12-2010 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I'm not sure what they are either. But if they are another type of life in some kind of energy form they probably wouldn't want or need to make contact except with other life forms like themselves. If you did get close to one how would you make contact? They might not respond to sound and might even perceive it as a threat. If they can travel here from another star system or somewhere else it might be best to let them be the ones to make contact.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by irgust

I'm not sure what they are either. But if they are another type of life in some kind of energy form they probably wouldn't want or need to make contact except with other life forms like themselves. If you did get close to one how would you make contact? They might not respond to sound and might even perceive it as a threat. If they can travel here from another star system or somewhere else it might be best to let them be the ones to make contact.

All good points/questions! And I obviously have no answers. Perhaps there motives are as alien to our nature as they are. Perhaps there is no motive. Maybe contact is only because that is what some have preceved and thus manifested. So many questions, so little answers.....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I believe they are the Cherubims or Cherubs! No not the little flying baby with wings! Just hear me out.... I'm talking about the kind of Cherubims the bible talks about the good and Bad ones! I'm pretty sure you all have heard that Lucifer also known as Satan was at one time a Cherubim before he fell from heaven. Anyway I found this site that pretty much say's the same thing that I believe. Check it out and no I am not here to convert any of you its just food for thought.

www.echoesofenoch.com...

Here is a little sample of what you will read at this link!

“ This is the living creature that I saw under the God of Israel, by the river Chabir; and I knew that they were the Cherubims.” Ezek.10:20

What Ezekial saw he identified as a living creature. Was he just a primitive mis-identifying technology as something alive? By his certainty this was something he was already familiar with. He identified this living creature as Cherubim, an order of Angelic being. I believe Ezekiel, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, was impressed to include this important fact. This would require a further topical study of the clouds of heaven. If this is some kind of Biblical fact there would have to be other scriptures that confirm this.

More Clouds: A living chariot of God
In these next few scriptures you will see a pattern of word usage that is self- explanatory even on the surface!

Isa 19:1 The Lord rides upon a swift cloud... Ps 18:10"...and he (God) rides upon a cherub, and did fly, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.” 2 Sam 22:11 “...and he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and was seen upon the wings of the wind.”

You can see that between these three scriptures we have the interchangeable use of clouds and Cherub. Being one in the same they are what the Lord “rides upon.” All Christian commentaries that I have ever come across declare that this riding is in a figurative sense. In their minds, this vehicle is not a means of transportation, but the physical action of accomplishing God’s will through Angels. That argument would have some ground to stand on, except we have another scripture that clarifies just what kind of vehicle He is using.

Ps 104:3 “Who makes the clouds his chariot: who walks upon the wings of the wind”.

top topics

join