It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Laws Just Helpful Guidelines for Stupid People?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well, I think laws fall into a three different categories - and I admit these are just my own.

Serious Crimes, (murder, rape, robbery, etc) - Laws are in place here to punish those that commit these things that are really harmful to society. Most folks don't want murders walking around so it is made against the law. Here this puts the protection of the society under the goverment as they don't want society to just kill the criminals themselves as they did in the days of old. (Though, that method *does* have a long track record of success - its still frowned on by TPTB) We either need these laws or we go back to lynch mobs and mob justice

Organization for public safety, efficiency, etc - traffic laws - picture people driving however they want, wherever they want. It isn't pretty. Some of these laws we need just to keep everything moving and keep the occasional moron from hurting themselves or others.

Laws made because someone in power got their knickers in a bunch - These are the silly, petty things like your fence can only be so high. You can't mow the yard except on a certain day. These are silly things that try to regulate things that usually do not need to be regulated. 99% of these could likely go away without issue.

Some laws we need or we'd have mob justice. Some we need to keep things flowing and because of morons. Some we could easily do without.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Laws are money makers PERIOD! The more laws there are, the more people break them, the more tickets/ arrests are made, the more money is made. Get it? it is always about money....ALWAYS!!!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join