It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt. looking at tech. to disable cell phones in cars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AbandonFaieth
imo this is the biggest piece of crap idea that the government has ever come up with. you get just as many accidents from people TALKING on cells as you get from people changing the radio station.

This is not true. You don't understand why it is the ultimate distraction. It is our instinct that makes it such a distraction and this we cannot change.

It is from talking to a disembodied voice and what happens is that when you cannot see ones emotions when speaking to them your mind automatically diverts all of your minds resources to listen to the other end of the conversation so you will be safe from being attacked.

It matters not if you are speaking to your trusted grandmother or a stranger it happens automatically and is four times more dangerous that driving drunk.

It does not matter if it is hand on or fully hands off and voice activated.

This is taught in the Fire Academy so that Firefighters understand the danger and keep conversation to central dispatch to a minimum while driving a big ole class A pumper in traffic.
edit on 3-12-2010 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AbandonFaieth

Putting breathalyzers in all cars has been considered,and may still be.

Disabling cel-phones while driving should be rolled into the package too.

Actually,I'm a purist,I think all cars should have full instrumentation,no radio,no power anything....

Cars and cel-phones go together,the watzit filled gizmo platform car is complemented by the star trek communicator.

I think most of you could stand to get more PT.

It's all just a status symbol anyway,that's why most of you treat bicyclists like crap.

When gas goes back up,I will be laughing about your crying again.........

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
''Yes Big Bro take me to the FEMA camp now please,me first''.When will you lot stop wanting TPTB to stop sticking their nose into everything-just say NO!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
reply to post by LadySkadi

I hear you!
Normally, I do feel the same about such intrusions.

Perhaps, this is a case where I am "blinded," to a degree, by being a "security mom." If I were driving solo, without kiddies in tow much of the time, perhaps I wouldn't be so pathological about this issue!

edit on 3-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

A 'security mom' ha ha is that like a soccer mom that hangs around the mall watching her teenage daughter?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
double-post
edit on 4-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: The computer is too damn slow!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
A 'security mom' ha ha is that like a soccer mom that hangs around the mall watching her teenage daughter?

Ha, ha! Unless you are a mom, you will never know! And yes I am a soccer/basketball/football mom who has to defensively drive her 6 and 8 year-olds (and other peep's chldren, too) around--thus, my concern.

Maybe by the time they are teen-agers I will have mellowed out!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join