It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Martians View A Red Earth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Just imagine some young martian fellow being told about poor old red Earth. how it once may have sustained life. now its red and lifeless and barren. an astronomer from the Royal Martian observatory shows young students pictures of red earth and all its loss and waste;a total desert.

I would not be surprised if our two planets were teeming with life and each made to look like useless no go areas.
perhaps someone could find those pictures of Mars with blue skies? would this be the biggest ever conspiracy? would governments crumble following a 'healthy mars' disclosure?
is there a feeling in your gut that thinks 'hmm,maybe...'

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I dont think so... since I can see it with my st-10ME

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4498ee9adcbc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
yes you can,but could the atmosphere be 'tinted' somehow? pretty clever fellows these intergalactic rulers!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

Just imagine some young martian fellow being told about poor old red Earth

Earth is known as the "Blue Planet" Mars is the red one...

perhaps someone could find those pictures of Mars with blue skies

Those things were a hoax...as far as I'm informed they just inverted the colors or flipped them..something like that

would governments crumble following a 'healthy mars' disclosure?

Please explain why they would keep it secret? What would be a motive for that? We can't get there even if we try....not even "they" can get there.

is there a feeling in your gut that thinks 'hmm,maybe...'

well, you're close on this one...the feeling in my gut thinks "umm,no....."

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
the reason to keep it secret is obvious. all the green and global warming issues we have rammed down our throats [and minds] and issues of population and there is another planet a few million miles away...waiting.

pakd, your reply is rather ignorant of many issues.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
pakd, your reply is rather ignorant of many issues.

Whats ignorant about my post? Explain to me why a Blue planet would suddenly appear Red?!

Why keep a planet secret that Mankind is not capable of reaching? Even IF the world were to Burst into a Million Pieces and we wanted to flee from this planet in time.....Our technology is not capable of travelling at speeds needed to reach that planet.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

The pictures do exist and are not a hoax. They are taken in a false color scheme in order to highlight other aspects of the terrain, but can sometimes add different color effects to th sky.

It sounds like you're grasping for a sci-fi novel concept and not a truly scientific explanation.

edit on 12/3/2010 by cmdrkeenkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

The pictures do exist and are not a hoax. They are taken in a false color scheme in order to highlight other aspects of the terrain, but can sometimes add different color effects to th sky.

Ok, thank you for clearifying that

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

hope these images will help other members realize how "red" is the martian planet..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09cd2b7c8856.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc101ca4460f.jpg[/atsimg]

yes there are rivers and lakes in mars and they are in abundance...and that means water and when there is water then there is life, which btw, is also in abundance. and when i said life that means "people"...humans or otherwise, dunno...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

hope these images will help other members realize how "red" is the martian planet..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09cd2b7c8856.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc101ca4460f.jpg[/atsimg]

yes there are rivers and lakes in mars and they are in abundance...and that means water and when there is water then there is life, which btw, is also in abundance. and when i said life that means "people"...humans or otherwise, dunno...

edit on 3-12-2010 by alphaMegas because: sorry double post...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alphaMegas

Did you not read the Posts before yours?

They are taken in a false color scheme in order to highlight other aspects of the terrain, but can sometimes add different color effects to th sky

edit on 3/12/2010 by Pakd-on-mystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
thank you for the pictures,aplha. there is blue on Mars. how about that. is it a genuine picture etc?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

"Our technology is not capable of traveling at speeds needed to reach that planet."

You might find this interesting.

Link
edit on 3-12-2010 by inthemass because: link

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by inthemass

"Our technology is not capable of traveling at speeds needed to reach that planet."

You might find this interesting.

Link
edit on 3-12-2010 by inthemass because: link

now thats some crazy stuff!
star for you!
the only question in my mind right now is if that thing has enough fuel to get there and back

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

as far as google,usgs, jaxa, selene ,nasa photometry is concern, those pix are genuine...as for the false color scheme, it works both ways, but basically it is supposed to enhance the imagery so have it your way...

i think the coordinates are still visible, you can follow up those leads, maybe you can find more of "them" than i did.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
see pkd...see.... seek and open that mind and you never know what you might find.

i 80% believe my own thread. and a big thanks for the contributions.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

well until now, all the facts I've seen here were the ones on the Plasma Rocket.
edit on 3/12/2010 by Pakd-on-mystery because: insufficient description

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Perhaps a one way trip to colonize

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Again, those are false color images. Take a look at these images of the Intrepid crater on Mars. The first is in true color, the second is in false color.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I remember reading before, that the sky appeared pinkish on the horizon, but more blue as you looked up towards the sun in the sky... The blue has to do with it being the low wavelength of light, that gets scattered more easily, not due to water on the planet...

Yes, there are also a lot of false color images though.

Seen from space, we see Mars as red as we're looking at the ground.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join