It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Issues Memo About Newest Barbie Doll Debut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Barbie backlash is building after the FBI issued an official warning about a doll they worry will become a tool for sex offenders. She is the doll of the season and already a sell-out thanks to her high-tech tool, a video camera.

Article Source

Looks like the pedophiles are at it again. We can't round up all these weirdos and send them far away? People like this are one of the many reason children around the word are suffering and dieing.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Well, it's nothing compared to the pedobear version which comes with a wireless webcam and the voice of N.A.M.B.L.A president Robert Hinson.

What amazes me is that the FBI thinks this will be it's use when the toy will be in the possession and used by the children themselves.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Looks like the pedophiles are at it again.

To be fair, the article only states a potential for abuse - so nobody, as of yet, is "at" anything. In one very real regard this article is pandering and hyperbolic as there are many things which stand to be potentially abused and it would be utter folly to try and demonize them all.

We can't round up all these weirdos and send them far away?

Because the Constitution and due process prevent this. And that's a good thing.

People like this are one of the many reason children around the word are suffering and dieing.

People like who? Your source doesn't cite an actual violation... Only an idea that people could use a new toy to nefarious ends. While I have no soft spot for pedophiles, neither do I tend to fall prey to fearmongering.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
they see me trollin, they hatin'.
nice try OP.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Why worry about the Barbie doll? Most little girls these days have access or even their own computer, with webcam, also their cell phones with cameras are in just about every pocket. If the camera is the issue then take issue with the fact that computers with webcams are readily available for all the little girls and boys.

Personally I would not let a child under 15 on the computer, or own a cell phone, but, that isn't the norm these days, the norm is to let them.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I agree Space Cadet, my son will be 8 next week and he's not allowed on the computer, unless he's playing on that free realms thing and thats ONLY if he's playing with my nieces on the game, they dont talk to anyone else

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I'm not against responsible parenting. I think there are enough parental controls available that would help kids stay away from public forums, chat rooms, adult websites, so forth...

and I also respect the idea of keeping the internet out of a child's life.

I had internet access since I was nine, and well....uh....let's just say I could have gone without it for another five.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I've been on the internet unmonitored since I was 8. I think it was actually a good thing I had such free parents. It allowed me to explore the interwebs and be myself.

I turned out just fine! 19 now...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Barbie backlash is building after the FBI issued an official warning about a doll they worry will become a tool for sex offenders.

I think the fuzz have lost it... I mean here we have the FBI on the one hand playing with Barbie dolls and the TSA on the other hand strip searching children at the airports...

:shk:

But what is funny is this (in light of all the wikileak fuss)

The agency stressed the alert had been intended only for internal circulation.

www.bbc.co.uk...

OOPS
edit on 7-12-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join