It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea thinks U.S. will invade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

July 2, 2004

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea today denounced the recent arrival of U.S. stealth fighter bombers in neighboring South Korea as a signal that Washington was preparing to invade the North.

A squadron of F-117As arrived earlier this week at Kunsan Air Base south in Seoul. The U.S. military command said they would stay for several months of training exercises.

North Korea said "it must not go unnoticed" that fighter bombers arrived just after the latest round of six-nation talks on the nuclear issue, in commentary carried by the North's KCNA news agency.

The commentary said the high-tech aircraft were undergoing "training to invade" the North.

Full story

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Check Thursdays threads, several reports on this subject.

john

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If i was NK and I knew a squadron of F-117's just landed on the opposite side of a heavily disputed border AFTER a US troop pull out, i would be peeing my pants.

I saw a documentary the other night on cable about the North Koreans and, and they were interviewing a General who stated that they had the ability to strike anywhere in the world at anytime.B asically that the NK were keeping us at bay because of this 'threat'. Are we grossly mis-informed about the capability they have for a foriegn soil missle strike? I remember hearing information last year that they(NK) stated they had the ability to hit the West Coast of the US. If this is true, I think moving the planes in now is a good idea.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Check Thursdays threads, several reports on this subject.

john

I know, but this is the first reaction from the N Korea's to the move, and it broke less than an hour ago.

If they're thinking along these lines, its not good. They're paranoid enough at the best of times...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
I remember hearing information last year that they(NK) stated they had the ability to hit the West Coast of the US. If this is true, I think moving the planes in now is a good idea.

NK didn't state that they could hit the West Coast, the CIA did:

-------------

US west coast in striking distance
February 14 2003
By Robin Gedye
London

North Korea has nuclear weapons and a missile that could carry them to the west coast of America, CIA head George Tenet says.

Mr Tenet spoke hours after North Korea was declared in violation of nuclear non-proliferation accords and reported to the United Nations Security Council. That could result in economic sanctions the North has warned may lead to war.

"They probably have one or two plutonium-based devices today," Mr Tenet told a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing. "I think one or two is a very good judgement."

Asked if the North had a missile that could hit the west coast, he said: "Yes, they could do that."

-------------

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That was it, the CIA. Thanks for the info man.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangeroftheeast

July 2, 2004

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea today denounced the recent arrival of U.S. stealth fighter bombers in neighboring South Korea as a signal that Washington was preparing to invade the North.

A squadron of F-117As arrived earlier this week at Kunsan Air Base south in Seoul. The U.S. military command said they would stay for several months of training exercises.

North Korea said "it must not go unnoticed" that fighter bombers arrived just after the latest round of six-nation talks on the nuclear issue, in commentary carried by the North's KCNA news agency.

The commentary said the high-tech aircraft were undergoing "training to invade" the North.

Full story

I hope NK can take a hint, this all goes away as soooooon as they start acting responsable. They lied, they stole (fuel), got caught, and pounded their chests. Now they sound like the worlds "punks"

new topics

top topics

join