It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble discovers 100 new planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Recently came accross this article on the Hubble telescope...

Launched in 1990, this amazing piece of equipment has given us the opportunity to view things in our galaxies before thaught impossible.

The Hubble Space Telescope may have discovered as many as 100 new planets orbiting stars in our galaxy.

Hubble's harvest comes from a sweep of thousands of stars in the dome-like bulge of the Milky Way.

If confirmed it would almost double the number of planets known to be circling other stars to about 230.

source

Some Hubble FACTS:

NASA named the world's first space-based optical telescope after American astronomer Edwin P. Hubble (1889�1953).

Dr. Hubble confirmed an "expanding" universe, which provided the foundation for the Big Bang theory.

Launch: April 24, 1990 from space shuttle Discovery (STS-31)

Deployment: April 25, 1990

Mission Duration: Up to 20 years

Servicing Missions: December 1993, February 1997, December 1999, February 2002.

Size:
Length: 43.5 ft (13.2 m)
Weight: 24,500 lb (11,110 kg)
Maximum Diameter: 14 ft (4.2 m)

[Edited on 2-7-2004 by quadricle]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Wow!! The better our technology gets the more mysteries we will uncover in our universe!
Any word about this Planet X that Zechariah Sitchen says will be discovered? I know they recently discovered the planet "Sedna" but people are saying that Sedna is not Planet X because it is too small or too far away.

I'm not sure about Sitchens work. I have only read a few of his articles...is he credible?

[edit on 3-7-2004 by Cocco]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Thanks Quadricle............I'll check out the links!

new topics

top topics

join