It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 prison guards killed on bus as huge fire rages in North

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

40 prison guards killed on bus as huge fire rages in North

jpost123.tk

Guards meant to assist in evacuation of some 500 prisoners from Damon Prison; fire-fighting crews, planes attempt to control fire in Carmel area amidst heavy winds; thousands of dunams destroyed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My question is... How 40 people? I mean i can see 1 or 2 but 40? Please give me your feedback on this subject. And when it said,

'The majority of the 40 people burned to death in a bus caught up in the Carmel forest fires were prison wardens en route to the Damon Prison."

I just couldn't understand.

jpost123.tk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mrno1

The bus was engulfed in the fire, no one survived... So the number is the amount of people on the bus, simple.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mrno1

Your question is valid.

I think it is hard to squeeze 30 adults on a school bus, let alone 40 prison guards with their gear.

Edit to add:

I was totally wrong.

Apparently a normal sized school bus will hold as many as 60 adults. Oops.

link
edit on 2-12-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Look up firestorm.

A firestorm is a conflagration which attains such intensity that it creates and sustains its own wind system. It is most commonly a natural phenomenon, created during some of the largest bushfires, forest fires, and wildfires. The Black Saturday bushfires, the Great Peshtigo Fire and the Ash Wednesday fires are examples of firestorms.

en.wikipedia.org...

They were likely trying to traverse a road where both sides of the road where on fire and and got swept up in a firestorm. With no where to run, and no where to hide, yes, you are going to die!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is the direct link to the article that bypasses the cashlink scam link..

Jerusalem Post

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Maybe turkey will help them out. lol

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Look up firestorm.
They were likely trying to traverse a road where both sides of the road where on fire and and got swept up in a firestorm. With no where to run, and no where to hide, yes, you are going to die!

This thread shows footage of a fire whirl wind in Brazil, created by intense drought fire. So its totally possible they got caught in a fire storm!

top topics

join