It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone On This Forum Should Watch This Video - New Links 7-12-04

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
America Has Begun To Doubt Why We Are At War. Americans Have Lost Sight Of Who, Why, and Where. If You, Or You Know Someone Who Has Forgotten Why We Are Fighting This War On Terrorism I Beg Of You To Watch This Video and Share It With a Friend. Afterwards Keep It So You'll Never Forget Again. Hooah

Click The Link And Video Will Play On Your Windows Media Player.

Windows Media Player
photos.imageevent.com...

***Note: I will not update this link again if the video is taken down again for the 4th or 5th time, so if you want a copy of the video you had best get it while it is up......in the past the video is gone after a couple of days.

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Firebase]

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Firebase]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Even though I don't have RealPlayer I don't have to figure out what it is judging by the name of the Vid.

As Being a Fellow New Yorker, the images of the planes crashing into WTC are permanently burned into my retinas as with a close relative passing away in the horror.

Thank you though for the reminder of why we are at War.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firebase
America Has Begun To Doubt Why We Are At War. [edit on 2-7-2004 by Firebase]

America has begun to doubt why there was a war in Iraq.

Never forget, the majority of the hijackers that day were from Saudi Arabia.
Never forget that a lot of the funding for terrorists came from Saudi Arabia.

Why, in this war on terrorism, has nothing been done about Saudi Arabia?

[edit on 2-7-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

That is an excellent question, Ace. I have wondered it myself, and could only come up with one possibility - Their aid is needed right now but when the time is right, they'll go the way of Iraq.

AF1

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Saddam had absolutely no links to Al-queda, and also no WMDs. I don't understand how 9/11 represents why we should have gone to war in Iraq.

Perhaps you can enlighten me?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I certainly can't, perhaps he meant the war on terrorism? Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quatermass
Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

True. And others in this thread, I find the tactic of using the images of thousands of people dieing to coerce people into supporting more killing of people disgusting. You should all be ashamed if you think 9/11 is an excuse to invade Iraq.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I did not say War In Iraq, I said War On Terrorism.......but seeing you folks want to go that direction......I'll jump in for a second or two.......

If you can�t see it, how can I as a poster in the forum, convince you?? All I can do is offer up videos that put it out there in front of you.

As for facts�I got no facts, all I know is what I read and see from the media and government, I�m not in the �Need To Know� line up.

If you will just open your minds and read the information online sometimes you can see more clearly:

-Russia warned the United States on several occasions that Iraq's Saddam Hussein planned "terrorist attacks" on its soil, President Vladimir Putin said. After the events of September 11, 2001, and before the start of the military operation in Iraq, Russian special services several times received such information and passed it on to their American colleagues," he told reporters. The Kremlin leader, who was speaking in the Kazakh capital, said Russian intelligence services had many times received information that Saddam's special forces were preparing terrorist attacks in the United States "and beyond its borders on American military and civilian targets."-

And if you recall the United States did not declare war on just any terrorist group, but declared war on Terrorism, where ever it is located.

Iraq in the view of military operations is like D-Day, in that Iraq is our foothold in the war on Terrorism. America has strategically placed its troops right where they need to be. With boots on the ground in the Middle East, America does not need to request permission to retaliate against a group of terrorist that attack our country in the future, as it had to do with Turkey before the Iraq war. Not to mention America took on the most powerful (military) in the Middle East and won, what does that tell the terrorist, maybe it says to them you got no place to hide, we can come and get you anywhere.

I can go on and on with this debate, but why should I? History will write it after it is all over, and because America stood up and was counted, then I can assure you that America will be here for the writing, unlike most of the terrorist.

Hooah

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Note to make; Iraq was not perceived as a threat to America.
The Iraqi people were quite happy just to get along and have children and watch them grow. No terrorising america.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Note to make; Iraq was not perceived as a threat to America.
The Iraqi people were quite happy just to get along and have children and watch them grow. No terrorising america.

Are you talking about the same Iraq the rest of the world knew??? Watch their children grow?? Let me think who was in charge of Iraq, was it that guy and his two sons, what was their names, I'm kinda like you, I got short term memory problems.

hooah

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I dont see the point in your last post.
You are honestly trying to claim that EVERY SINGLE Iraqi just wanted to kill Americans, right?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Some good points Firebase, but on the whole US troops in Iraq could cause more problems than it solves. When Bush declared a war on terrorism Bin Laden must've been praying that the US sent in the troops for a ground war in Afghanistan then he could draw them in and use Guerilla tactics. Instead Bush did the correct thing and sent in the bombers.
Then the war with Iraq came along, Bin Laden must have thought all his birthdays had come at once, thousands of troops on the ground just ready to be bombed and shot. History will tell if going into Iraq was worth it, but I still have my doubts.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There are verified accounts of many meetings between Osama and his cronies and upper level members of Saddam's Regime. There are audio tapes, transcripts, and eye witness accounts. There was absolutely a connection between the two. As far as the reason for freeing Iraq, there isnt just one simple reason. The best ones I can figure were that based on what seemed at the time to be good international intelligence (I say international because even Russia has stepped up to say that they provided a good bit of it along with other countries) Saddam still had possession of WMD. Whether or not we ever find them isnt even important now, he had all the time in the world to either bury, destroy, or ship the WMD to neighbors. The other main reason I can think of is that when we entered Afganistan to hunt for Osama, we knew that several high level members of his group fled to Iraq. Since then they have still been stirring up all the trouble while we have been there. But their time is coming quickly. You can shout cries of we are there because of oil and what-not but my thoughts on that is if we are going to help you out by getting rid of your evil dictator, pump money into helping to rebuild your economy, and sacrifice the lives of our young men and women on the alter of freedom to make it happen, then hell yeah you better be offering something in return. Its just sad that oil is all these people have to repay their debt.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yes there were talks between Bin Laden and Saddam/Iraq but as far as I know little if anything came of them. Remember, Saddam murdered thousands of his own people who were Muslims. Not a great way to get into Bin Ladens good books.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by AceOfBase

That is an excellent question, Ace. I have wondered it myself, and could only come up with one possibility - Their aid is needed right now but when the time is right, they'll go the way of Iraq.

that's it? come on.... surely you can think of a few other possibilites?

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yep, come on people. (hint, it runs your cars)

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
That is very nice video and it represents why we started the war on terror, and It also justify the bombings in Afghanistan, it does not justify the war in Iraq, for what I know until now is that our war is with Iraq. So do not use this very sad video to justify Iraq.

That will be misleading people.

AF1

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There really hasn't been any progress in the war on terrorism. Bush and his buddies sent too little too late to Afghanistan. The Saudi's are the main supporters of terrorism, yet we do absolutely nothing to them since they are lining the pockets of the government with money.

The 9/11 commision determined that there were talks between Al-qaeda and Saddam, but they went no where since Saddam decided that he would rather not mess with America. If the war in Iraq is not considered part of the war on terrorism, then what is it? Is it just imperialism in the new century?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Is there a reason you've posted this twice?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since a discussion has happened here, this thread will remain open. Your other thread will be closed.

Do not create multiple threads on the same topic.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
N/M

[edit on 2-7-2004 by AceOfBase]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join