It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileak : Obama and GOPers Worked Together to Kill Bush Torture Probe

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Well duh. And if anyone still support Obama after this one, well they should be sent to a mental hospital.

Obama and GOPers Worked Together to Kill Bush Torture Probe

A WikiLeaks cable shows that when Spain considered a criminal case against ex-Bush officials, the Obama White House and Republicans got really bipartisan.

In its first months in office, the Obama administration sought to protect Bush administration officials facing criminal investigation overseas for their involvement in establishing policies the that governed interrogations of detained terrorist suspects. A "confidential" April 17, 2009, cable sent from the US embassy in Madrid to the State Department—one of the 251,287 cables obtained by WikiLeaks—details how the Obama administration, working with Republicans, leaned on Spain to derail this potential prosecution.

Of course. Obama is a pro-war crimes piece of filth like Bush and Clinton were. Not a big surprise there. And when it comes to protecting the scum, both parties are for it.... no wonder the government wants to shut Wikileaks down.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Sadly information like that will never be taken up by USA mainstream media , which in turn means that the public will never know and they can spin BS like that all the time and people will happily vote for this or that president , not knowing that they are actually voting for one and the same
(In a matter of speaking )

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

There are no two parties..It's just one and they take turns sharing the blame on election day..
Then they cover for eachother when in office...
Doesn't anyone ever wonder why very few politicians ever face charges??

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Another Slap on the wrist is in order... let them learn their lesson about massacering people...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I am absolutely appalled I voted for Obama. That pig has done none of the things or brought any of the changes I hoped or he promised he would. This is yet another case of his administration sticking it's middle finger in the face of the majority of it's supporters. I'm voting for Alfred E. Neuman in the next election.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Joehio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thank you Wikileaks for exposing this. This is totally appalling. Who the h+++ do these people think they are?

US also pressured people in UK to suppress details regarding US in the Iraq Enquiry.

Get the bums out.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The president who promised to close Gitmo (and has not done so), protected the men who approved torture there. Looks like Republicans should be bowing down to Obama; he saved their hero's ass.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They're both Skull and Bones guys, right? Don't Bones boys take a vow to protect each other in their quest for apparent world domination? Thus preventing Obama from prosecuting Bush? My theory anyway.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Someone should send this link to Obama's kids so that they can see what a scum of a person they have for a father.

In my opinion, Obama has as much blood on his hands as Bush, and he is not even done.

I hope the idiots who voted for him are proud.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
must be terrible to live in a country where you cant trust the leaders
I say raid the whitehouse, take back what is yours

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

When two branches of government work in collusion to prevent the enforcement of law, it should be the rightful place of the judicial branch to intervene. I wonder if they ever will take up on their own accord matters to which are unlawful. If not it is up to the fourth branch. The people.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What is Obama supposed to do? Send over a check for the cost of their executions?

Obama is protecting Americans from foreign powers. If he didn't, you'd say he was selling America out so that TPTB can come in. It would suddenly be "Bush's reign was to get us ready for the big hammer of destruction!"

Of course he's protecting them. Geez, I agree, they should probably face some justice... but not Spanish justice, American justice. We the People should have the right to take down someone who splashed s*** on our name.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pondrthis

The US kidnapped Noriega to face American justice. Justice is justice; if the US won't prosecute, an international body should.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pondrthis

Well how about not covering it up and working with them on the investigations? That to me would not be selling out. Work with them that if there is a prosecution we will do the prosecuting. That seems like a fair deal.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Joehio

when will u learn? lol you americans just keep falling for it EVERYTIME, when candidates run for office they promise the world, tell u they will do this and that and promise to make everything better, then once they are elcted into office, they drop the facade, roll thier sleeves up and get down to what THEY want to do, the last true president of america that GENUINLEY had the american peoples intrests at heart was JFK since then the white house has been filled with shills, liars, corruptors, filanderers, and now well what is he? muslim? hawaiin? african american? has that debate been settled yet?

why dont you try electing someone that hasnt been primed by the people really running the show...a fresh face, maybe then something good may happen, but as long as you keep VOTING for these idiots, then really u cant complain.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
And this is the stuff that won't be covered by any mainstream media.
Fox won't cover for fear of making their hero look bad, the rest of the media won't cover because it makes their hero look bad.

I'm thinking Ron Paul should set his sights on media mogul, not President.
Media has more power.

S&F.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well duh. And if anyone still support Obama after this one, well they should be sent to a mental hospital.

Obama and GOPers Worked Together to Kill Bush Torture Probe

A WikiLeaks cable shows that when Spain considered a criminal case against ex-Bush officials, the Obama White House and Republicans got really bipartisan.

In its first months in office, the Obama administration sought to protect Bush administration officials facing criminal investigation overseas for their involvement in establishing policies the that governed interrogations of detained terrorist suspects. A "confidential" April 17, 2009, cable sent from the US embassy in Madrid to the State Department—one of the 251,287 cables obtained by WikiLeaks—details how the Obama administration, working with Republicans, leaned on Spain to derail this potential prosecution.

Of course. Obama is a pro-war crimes piece of filth like Bush and Clinton were. Not a big surprise there. And when it comes to protecting the scum, both parties are for it.... no wonder the government wants to shut Wikileaks down.

I absolutely love how you all demonize these people, especially Obama with your chests all puffed out.

Of course Obama's going to try and squelch the torture nonsense. Do you really want an American President like Bush to get charged now with all the Wikileaks B.S. happening?! How embarrassing.

Waterboarding, in my opinion, actually helped save lives. Let me see someone refute that. You CAN'T! It's not like we sawed off these prisoners' nuts, you ATS goofballs.

You're all mad because you'll never get those responsible for 9/11. I'd hate to find out the truth and see that it really *was* a true terrorist act. All that harping and hating Pres. Bush and now Obama will make you all look like primitive twats bangin' away at keyboards.

top topics

join