It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer's DUI Calls His Arrests Into Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Officer's DUI Calls His Arrests Into Question

www.wftv.com

COCOA BEACH, Fla. -- A Cocoa Beach police officer's suspected drunk driving could now set some suspected drug dealers free. Officer James Wheeler's bad behavior on the road is calling the rest of his work into question; the state is reviewing more than 80 cases he worked on in Brevard County.

Wheeler got assigned to the county's drug unit to crack down on drug dealers in Cocoa Beach.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.clickorlando.com

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This story hits home to me. This guy needs to be thrown in jail for reckless endangerment, stealing evidence, and for the DUI. According to the toxicology report he was under the influence of pain killers, anxiety pills, and muscle relaxants. Most of the locals are certain that he 'scored' those pills from a Vietnam Vet he busted earlier that day thanks to a tip from a nosey neighbor. That Vet suffered a serious war related injury and those medications helped him get through the day. Obviously this story being from my hometown I know way more than about this case than I am willing to share on here.

Please do not make this a cop bashing thread. There are bad cops out there and this one got busted, we can only hope the full weight of the law comes down on this looser.

*Note to Mods*
Not sure where this story belongs, I just want this story to get out

www.wftv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
In the last 18 months here, we have had 1 cop die at 4 times the legal alcohol limit, and wrapped his car around a power pole just up the road from me. Unregistered, uninsured, no seatbelt. He was the thickness of a sandwich.

Another cop lost a finger in a car accident when over the limit.

And just come to light a judge travelling at 102 kmh in a 60 zone.....

Im not prejudiced against police, I know a couple and they are awesome. But they are choosing an occupation that puts them in the public profile, they are supposed to be the 'upholders' of the law.

Another jut got acquitted of glassing someone too..

in a place with about 470,000 people

MM

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

Im not prejudiced against police, I know a couple and they are awesome. But they are choosing an occupation that puts them in the public profile, they are supposed to be the 'upholders' of the law.

I know a few good cops too..I have asked them about the bad cops and they admit there are quite a few..
But the conversation stops when I ask them when was the last time they arrested or reported one of them..

You are NOT a good cop if you let the bad ones off..!!!!

top topics

join