It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Conspiracies make your hair turn gray faster ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Have you ever woke up early in the morning worried about a Conspiracy asking yourself is it true of not ? If so do you think that it could speed up the gray effect to the hair and even make people lose hair faster and age as a person on planet earth ?

Leave your ideals .

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Na it does neither, but i shave my hair bald anyway.

2nd

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think been a member of ATS makes your hair go grey

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have 2 gray hairs this morning and I am not old at all . Before I started researching theories I have never had 1 gray hair nor anything . I may have a Conspiracy / gray hair connection

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by williamAmerican

Your hair doesn't actually "turn" gray -- it grows in this way. Every day, hairs fall out and new ones replace them. At any given time, about 85% to 90% of your hairs are actively growing, while the rest are in a resting state.

Typically, one strand grows for two to four years. It then naturally enters a resting state for about two to four months, after which it falls out and is replaced by a new hair. On average, most people lose about 50 to 100 strands of head hair a day.

Although it may seem like you "went gray overnight," in reality the gray strands become more noticeable in the normal course of shedding. Darker hairs normally hide the graying strands when they first come in.

"It is often the case that when you hear the story about somebody's hair turning white overnight, it's because they have hair that is mixed, and the darker hair is more prominent until it begins falling out," Dr. Meyer says. This is especially true for people with telogen effluvium, a temporary condition in which a major stress, such as severe illness, surgery or sudden weight loss, speeds up shedding to 300 hairs a day.

Source

I think the probability is that any connection between your participation in conspiracy theory sites and any gray hairs you may have is purely anecdotal.

~Heff
edit on 12/1/10 by Hefficide because: misplaced quote tag

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by williamAmerican

If you worry to much about it IT CAN. I dont WORRY what is in play has been so I await CHANGE...
2ND

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
No, but I suspect the toxins in our food and water do contribute significantly.

second

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Women make my hair turn grey faster.
2nd.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
No, but I suspect the toxins in our food and water do contribute significantly.

second

Probably as you are what you eat and drink, as they say.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If thats the case I must of had years of listening to conspiracy,my hair is all white now,plus the fact I'm old lol,in my case my father was grey at 40,and so was I,hey at least I'm not bald

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I suppose it's a possibility. Could this in itself be a conspiracy? Maybe Just For Men is owned by the CIA and the revenue from sales of this product goes to fund the IDF and their fight against Hamas.

new topics

top topics

join