It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed to Name Recipients of $3.3 Trillion in Aid During Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Fed to Name Recipients of $3.3 Trillion in Aid During Crisis

www.bloomberg.com

The Federal Reserve, under orders from Congress, plans today to identify recipients of $3.3 trillion in emergency aid the central bank provided as it fought the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.

The Fed intends to post the data on its website at midday

Congress excluded one Fed program from disclosure, the discount window, which is the subject of a 2008 lawsuit filed by Bloomberg LP, parent of Bloomberg News, against the central bank. A group of banks is appealing to the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So today, in the middle of the day the FED will post that info on their website
www.federalreserve.gov...

What will be missing however is

Bloomberg News asked a U.S. court today to force the Federal Reserve to disclose securities the central bank is accepting on behalf of American taxpayers as collateral for $1.5 trillion of loans to banks.

www.bloomberg.com...

Any predictions ATS?

"It's hard to enforce fraud laws when the govt. participates in fraud" - Ron Paul

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well did Wiki force this? I think it may have,why else would they do it and can the info be trusted? I think the info is very important and look forward to this release. Things are changing rapidly folks,try to keep up.

Edit to add after reading ops link its apparent that wiki had nothing to do with this but rather a bill introduced by Dodd/Frank,so whats the difference in this bill and Ron Pauls 1207?
edit on 12/1/10 by nickoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
wiiki leaks did say they had something on a american bank . That will be disclosed 2011

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

I doubt it. you see

Wikipedia (pronounced /ˌwɪkɨˈpiːdi.ə/ WIK-i-PEE-dee-ə) is a multilingual, web-based, free-content encyclopedia project based on an openly editable model. The name "Wikipedia" is a portmanteau of the words wiki (a technology for creating collaborative websites, from the Hawaiian word wiki, meaning "quick") and encyclopedia. Wikipedia's articles provide links to guide the user to related pages with additional information.

They can't force anything. They - IT - is not how it works..

edit on 1/12/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
Well did Wiki force this?

That's exactly what I thought as soon as I read the article headline alone
I think that the major bank fraud was a secret and private bank, perhaps the FED that Wiki will be talking about

Things are about to get interesting!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It was required under the Dodd-Frank Bill passed over the summer...so probably not

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
reply to post by nickoli

I doubt it. you see

Wikipedia (pronounced /ˌwɪkɨˈpiːdi.ə/ WIK-i-PEE-dee-ə) is a multilingual, web-based, free-content encyclopedia project based on an openly editable model. The name "Wikipedia" is a portmanteau of the words wiki (a technology for creating collaborative websites, from the Hawaiian word wiki, meaning "quick") and encyclopedia. Wikipedia's articles provide links to guide the user to related pages with additional information.

They can't force anything. They - IT - is not how it works..

edit on 1/12/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

I believe the person you're responding to meant "wikileaks" not "wikipedia".

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
In regards to this discosure, I would not hesitate to attribute some (if not much) of what we are being told to the increasing realization on the part of the establishment that despite their best effrots to make things both a) secret, and b) illegal to disclose; they cannot succeed in erasing facts.

People will find out eventually just how much 'complicity' each player had in the never-ending fleecing of the population to enrich the banking cartel that has extended its influence to control "our" representatives and "their" political parties - who are usually somehow part-benficiaries in the activities which sunk our national sovereignty (as measured by the wealth the bankers' monopoly declares) in what "we" actually "own."

Wikileaks may be in posession of data they would rather not exist; but that is conjecture, and we know the establishment (at the global level) is doing everything it can to silence the voices that would speak truth to power.

I would not look for shocking revelations because frankly, the establishment defines the terms of the disclosure and the information machine tells the majority of the world exactly how to interpret that.

In all of this, and more to come, I predict we will still not have an answer to the question of the millenium, "Where did the money actually go - and who has it?" .... much like the disposition of gold bullion in the world.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ok Guys,,, It's Here!

Usage of Federal Reserve Credit and Liquidity Facilities

Central Bank Liquidity Swap Lines
Excel Sheets To Download, Scroll Down on link

Asian Countries got quite alot!

Recipients so far:
Reserve of Australia, Banco de Mexico, Norges Bank, Danmarks National Bank,Bank of England,
Swiss National Bank, Bank of Korea, Bank of Japan, Sveriges Riksbank, European Central Bank

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Interesting,very,very interesting. And now european banks are in a position to control er ahum I mean bailout Irelands banks,all on the back of the American taxpayer too huh,not to shabby not to shabby at all.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Recipients so far:
Reserve of Australia, Banco de Mexico, Norges Bank, Danmarks National Bank,Bank of England,
Swiss National Bank, Bank of Korea, Bank of Japan, Sveriges Riksbank, European Central Bank

Nothing about the Banks of Canada

We are the envy of all banking systems around the world

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

A quick analysis by The New York Times indicates that Citigroup was the greatest beneficiary of that program, drawing on a total of $1.8 trillion in loans, followed by Merrill Lynch, which used $1.5 trillion; Morgan Stanley, which drew $1.4 trillion; and Bear Stearns, which used $960 billion. During the crisis, Merrill Lynch was sold to Bank of America and Bear Stearns was sold to JPMorgan Chase, as storied Wall Street institutions crumbled under the weight of bad loans and excessive leverage

www.nytimes.com...

Foreign banks were amongst the biggest users of the US Federal Reserve’s emergency credit programmes during the financial crisis of 2007-2009, according to data released by the US central bank.

The revelation that foreign-owned banks were some of the biggest beneficiaries may anger both critics who saw the Fed’s efforts to support US credit markets as a bail-out for Wall Street and those who believed the rescue should benefit the American taxpayer.

www.ft.com...

The Federal Reserve published the details of more than 21,000 transactions with banks

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

The fed is going to release the names of those who received the money two years after it was given?

1. Why wait two years to order this?

2. Why all of the sudden are they complying.

3. They have had two years to manipulate documentation.

4. What is the reasoning?

5. Why would congress bite the hand that feeds them?

My Opinion:

They are ready to crash smaller banks and further there agenda.

This just doesn't add up to me. 2 years is plenty of time to do what they need to hide or manipulate what ever they need to manipulate.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
A thread has already been started on this here

abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=10034517#pid10034517

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
so,how much of this bailout money actually made it into the hands of americans???

it seems that all the MSM are talking about this week is that we (americans) are going to have to bite the bullet, we are going to have to make some tough cuts????????????

this is all going to be necessary in order to set things right........

so, now that the american people are on the hook for all this money, and if we cut out most of our social programs, put on hold the needed repairs of our infrastructure, extend tax cuts for the richest 5% of our country, then, and only then will we start to see things improve for the average american?????????????

seems so simple, what are we complaing about??????????????????

new topics

top topics

join