It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you thought the most about in your entire life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I was lying in bed this morning with a cold, snowy day outside, thinking (aided an abetted by my dog) of getting up.

As I snuggled further down under the covers to think about it some more, it occurred to me that in my entire life I've probably given more thought to getting up in the morning than anything else.

I'd like to say that I'd given more thought to self-improvement or even my job but, being perfectly honest, it's been that decision to get up in the morning that has occupied my mind in the deepest, most soul-searching debate.

And, to be fair, it has worked. There has never been a day yet where I have failed to get up at some point. Which is encouraging. What else, I wonder, could I give so much thought to and obtain such success?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Muscle beach. Me and my roommate started going to muscle beaches in 1989. We gone to them in California, Florida, Australia, Jamaica, and Thailand. We always have a real good time doing this. This next summer we wanna try to go back to the one in California (My roommate works at a bank so he has a lotta money to pay for all these trips ya see.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/473d8090c47d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I, like most humans, am stuck in a simple 3 step thought cycle variation

sex, hunger, shelter.

I would venture to say 70% of my thoughts revolve around aspects of those three...and thats conservative estimates.

The sleeping and worrying about waking up tomorrow typically falls into one of those areas...gotta wake up for work? well, that hits at least 2 (no work, you don't eat and you go homeless)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
...food - yep, thats gotta be #1 (after sex)...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
sex n money i have none of either

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i have spent most my time thinking about how i should use my time better.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thoughts of work, food, the necessities, yeah, they come across my mind on a daily basis, but not by my choice, it's kind of like I'm reminded that my life is SLAVERY. A slave to the system, yeah we've heard it all before, blah blah... but in between sleeping, and 'getting up' all I ever seem to think about is Love. Maybe not love how the person next to me might describe it, but I know it's love, and I can't deny it.

I also ponder my existence. I think about numbers, and lists. Life is Data, and it's what you make of it. Some people stay on certain pages,

I keep my records and books, and both, I know how to use.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Food and sex certainly occupy a significant portion of my thoughts,but outside of that it is the future, both mine and ours. I am always visualizing where I may be later down the road and always wondering where we are heading as a civilization too. I am sometimes torn between noticing the beauty in our world and observing the tragedies, which these days seems to outweigh much of the beauty.
I always have these fantasies of a techno savvy society that will evolve into something resembling star trek, where we have all figured out how to meet our needs and are focusing more on bettering ourselves and humanity.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Peace,
spec

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

You know, I don't think I can narrow it down to one single thought.
I have probably 12-15 thoughts that have been with me for years, but not a stand out.
Most of them are questions.
And the answers are all based on beliefs.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sure a lot of people talking about the old s-e-x
Seems like somebuddy needs to go to Sexaholics Anonymous

Now me, I was married once for two years to a woman and she was NEVER "in the mood' (her loss). My roommate is always saying "Ronald, the problem with women is that they're too unpredictable-- who needs them?'. I says "You can say that again, Bud'

If yer thinking about s-e-x so much maybe somebuddy should tell ya... get in line

edit on 30-11-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It changes over time as I change - for example when in my teens and twenties it was sex for sure. Before that it was adventure - i used to dream of exploring far-off jungles and deserts as a kid. Now I think mostly about my writing, and the more esoteric stuff like UFOs, paranormal phenomenon, even the various 2012 predictions - anything that makes me go 'I wonder...'

Oh, and surfing. I think about that a lot, too.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo

Oh, and surfing. I think about that a lot, too.

Surfing, eh? Surfing and Muscle Beach-- sounds like we got something in common, huh?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I always have these fantasies of a techno savvy society that will evolve into something resembling star trek, where we have all figured out how to meet our needs and are focusing more on bettering ourselves and humanity.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Peace,
spec

I think it would be dope to run around in white space suits THAT NEVER GET DIRTY and eat pink popcorn. That's what I invision the future to be like, and plenty of virtual reality simulations, and beam me up Scotties!

but at the same time, there is nothing better than singing by the sea.
edit on 30-11-2010 by leira7 because: stain resistance is the key to world happiness.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It might sound weird but most of my life i think about aliens.
Anything that has to do with aliens,from real life possibilities to science fiction books and films.

Apart from that getting out of bed in the morning is my number 2 problem in life.
And it's getting tougher as the years pass.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
Apart from that getting out of bed in the morning is my number 2 problem in life.
And it's getting tougher as the years pass.

I will give you the benefit of my vast experience and wisdom in this matter.

What you need to do is consider it for an extra five or ten minutes more each morning

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Men are such simple creatures and so easy to see what your requirements are! LOL! My husband is another of these sex, food, sleep guys... wouldnt trade it and it makes life easy!
ANY gift holiday.. a gift that is concerning for one of those 3 things is ALWAYS perfect. WHen I wonder what he wants to do something this weekend.. I can bet the bank it is mostly one of those 3. If I ask that dreaded woman question.. I used to anyway, dont bother anymore, of " honey, what are you thinking about?" it is DEFINITELY a safe bet it is probably one of those 3. It really is true... the real hardcore worries in a normal mans life disrupt these things, but they seem to always be lurking.
I can also attest to men who are very elderly and men who near the end of their life mostly have the same basic motivations. In fact, Ive been felt up by very elderly and dying men in the ER. No lie.

Me? Its changed throughout of my life. When I was working ER for a decade, most of my waking thoughts were concerning sleep. WHen I would get some more.

Now I think a lot about what in the world Im going to do with myself every day. I dont work anymore, home school the kids, and really revolve around the kids and husband. I just wonder what they all are going to request of me every day! LOL!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I often think about how fast time flys.I think about how all the emotions we experience in this life will someday be of immeasureable value.I think about our past life,future lives,and how silly this life seems at time.Lately i have been thinking about how strong the human mind is to endure all the challenges and hardships of this lifetime.

new topics

top topics

join