It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate approves long-delayed food safety bill

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

You really need to start fact-checking what you read. The FDA is in no way a department of Homeland Security. It is a part of Health and Human Services, led by Kathleen Sebelius, who used to be Governor of Kansas. You really should read this law. It has nothing to do with growing your own food, unless you want to lace your arugala with escheria coli. Please point out the specific paragraph that prohibits you from growing your own food. I didn't think so. I suppose some people get their jollies by staying perpetually frightened. Kind of like riding a never-ending roller coaster of fear. Still hunting for that paragraph, huh?

Actually I think This is what is being referred to From last version of S510 I could get my hands on

(1) IN GENERAL- Not later than 1 year after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security and the Secretary of Agriculture, shall issue guidance documents related to protection against the intentional adulteration of food, including mitigation strategies or measures to guard against such adulteration as required under section 420 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as added by subsection

So the Secretary of Homeland Security will have some say in the new regs being written. Actually they are already written by FAO/WTO

Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
A multiplicity of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) codes, standards and regulations have been developed in recent years by the food industry and producers organizations but also governments and NGOs, aiming to codify agricultural practices at farm level for a range of commodities....
www.fao.org...

The FDA has already stated as I quoted in an above post that they WILL harmonize the regs with those of international Organizations.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Actually, I am ducking out of this thread..the bill passed, the liars lost...they failed and the people won. the rest is a simple bitter moanfest from the lobbiests and the confused stand from the people whom were brainwashed to think this was somehow a evil bill.

now...off to the local farmers market before the fema troops comes down and confiscates the bell peppers

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Yes,, well sauce without the feces would be good.
Food laws have been like that here (aus) for ages.
Dominoes pizza just got $100k fine for un-hygenic practices, yahoo news somewhere.
I thought food hygiene was already a standard in USA?

The US has had food hygiene standards for close to a century . The HACCP regs (1996) turned over control of food safety to the corporations. Now the US inspectors check paperwork and the US government is shutting down testing labs per a TEXAS ANIMAL HEALTH COMMISSION Report I read.

As far as feces go. The Old Food regs condemned any carcass contaminated with feces, now they are "allowed" to wash it off and sell the meat for human consumption.

(That is from a industry publication so the reference is not available on line - an article for "power washers" actually)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

If any of you really believe that this atrocity is only "aimed" at large food producers, just try to buy eggs from an Amish farmer in Penn. Or for that matter, watch your local "farmers market" disappear. All you have to do is read the dang Bill to see what horrors lurk within it.

You are correct. The bill/law specifically states the FDA is authorized to establish standards for how fruits and vegetables are grown and harvested (seed saving?), including standards for “soil amendments, hygiene, packing, temperature controls, animals in the growing area, and water.”

If you want to know what animals in the growing area means read: Scorched Earth Policy It is pretty nasty.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

No, else I would be seeing a piece of legslation that was passed today somehow linked to something in the 90s

OK I will write the book and do the linking. (These are pretty much all direct quote with a bit of paraphrasing.)

BEFORE WTO WAS RATIFIED

1961 PVP is the Plant Variety Protection: The International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants: Gave seed companies a monopoly on only the commercial multiplication and the marketing of seeds. Farmers remained free to save seed from their own harvest to plant in the following year, and other breeders could freely use any variety, protected or not, to develop a new one. www.patentlens.net...

1980 the Supreme Court decision in Diamond v. Chakrabarthy, 447 U.S. 303 enabled living organisms to be patented www.wisbar.org.../CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&contentid=49620

1991 PVP monopoly has applied to seed multiplication and also to the harvest and sometimes the final product as well. Previously unlimited right of farmers to save seed for the following year's planting has been changed into an optional exception. Only if national government allows, can farm-saved seed still be used, and a royalty has to be paid to the seed company even for seeds grown on-farm. www.grain.org...

1993 FAO prepares “the Global Strategy for the Management of Farm Animal Genetic Resources” ftp.fao.org...
There is also an international animal genetics patenting service

1993 Published: International HACCP guidelines developed by the Codex Alimentarius, a joint Programme of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)and the World Health Organization (WHO). revised in 1997. www.fao.org...
(These are the standards adopted by the USA in 1996 as I stated earlier)

September 1995,Catherine Bertini, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Program, and former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Agriculture, stated "Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some may call that bribery. We do not apologize." UN's 4th World Conference on Women: Beijing, China. ngin.tripod.com...

1995 World Trade Organization (WTO) formed. Former Cargill Vice-President, Dan Amstutz, drafts the original text of the Uruguay Round Agreement on Agriculture. www.zmag.org...

1995 WTO -Agreement on Agriculture ratified: see: www.publiceyeonscience.ch...

The Chairman is Robert Thompson, former Assistant Secretary US Department of Agriculture and former Presidential economic adviser.
Also included in the IPC are Bernard Auxenfans, former chairman Monsanto France;
Allen Andreas of ADM/Toepfer;
Andrew Burke, Bunge (US);
Dale Hathaway former USDA official and head IFPRI (US).
Other IPC members include Heinz Imhof, chairman of Syngenta (CH);
Rob Johnson of Cargill (US) and USDA Agriculture Policy Advisory Council;
Guy Legras (France) former EU Director General Agriculture, as is Rolf Moehler of Germany. Donald Nelson of Kraft Foods (US);
Joe O’Mara of USDA,
Hiroshi Shiraiwa of Mitsui & Co Japan;
Jim Starkey former US Trade Representative Assistant;
Hans Joehr, Nestle head of agriculture;
Jerry Steiner, Monsanto (US).
Members Emeritus include Ann Veneman, herself a board member of a Monsanto subsidiary company before she became US Secretary of Agriculture for George W. Bush in 2001.

www.publiceyeonscience.ch...

I checked out the IPC including their web site and articles - they are very much BIG AG. Here is an example

2001 Issues for the Agricultural Talks and WTO Trade Round:

“The un-scientific so-called “precautionary principle” is unfortunately being successfully and constantly misused as justification to immobilize science and its applications, as well as to confuse the public. ..The so-called principle, which is in fact a concept rather than a principle, is indeed a wonderful tool to avoid delicate political decision. .. the so-called precautionary principle - in reality a concept rather than a scientific principle - should not be used as a tool to stop innovation, even under the guise of a moratorium, which is what has happened in the EU today. There will always be scientific uncertainty in any scientific field and reasonable approaches to risk management must be adopted to manage this uncertainty. Prohibition must only be used as an extreme risk management tool. Abuses of the precaution concept to justify political positions, or to cloak distorting import restriction policies, should equally be avoided and expressively exposed. The European Commission’s recent white paper was helpful in clarifying the limits to be set on the use of the so-called “precautionary principle.”

The internationalization of the food chain demands that identification, registration, tracking and tracing systems also become internationalized. After 31 years with Monsanto, Mr. Auxenfans, retired from the Monsanto Corporation at the end of 1999 as the former Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Agricultural Division, and its Chairman for the Europe-Africa operations. He is a member of the Board of Directors at both the IPC and the IAMA.

Note that the new bill mandates identification, registration, tracking and tracing systems just as Monsanto wishes, the only exception is on farm consumption and direct sales.

Direct from the World Trade Organization:

"Measures to trace animals...to provide assurances on...safety ..have been incorporated into international standards... The Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures...Aims to ensure that governments DO NOT USE QUARANTINE AND FOOD SAFETY REQUIREMENTS as Unjustified trade barriers... It provides Member countries with a right to implement traceability [NAIS] as an SPS measure." www.wto.org...

Again notice "traceability" is being substituted for QUARANTINE AND FOOD SAFETY REQUIREMENTS. Hence Mexican cattle with TB infecting California, New Mexico and Oklahoma cattle.

Direct from Farm and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations

Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) introduction of intellectual property rules on plants, animals and seeds under WTO’s Agreement “could damage the livelihoods of these 1.4 billion farmers worldwide and undermine food sovereignty and food security ” - Joint Communication from the African Group to the Council for Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (2003) www.fao.org...

April 16, 1999 A veritable who's who of corporate agribusiness writes a letter to Clinton about WTO meeting in Seattle: They want to establishment a three year goal, and a more effective set of trade rules for the agricultural sector www.thecalamityhowler.com...

July 26, 2002: Report Finds Fundamental Flaws in WTO's Agreement on Agriculture: Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy report argues that the Agreement on Agriculture fails to account for agri-business' monopoly over global agricultural trade. www.socialfunds.com...

2002, the National Institute of Animal Agriculture (NIAA) began a major push for NAIS (traceability). www.jimhightower.com...

May, 2003, the European Patent Office in Munich granted a patent to Monsanto with the number EP 445929, with the simple title "plants", even though plants are not patentable in European Law. www.countercurrents.org...

January 30, 2004, Bush signed Homeland Security Presidential Directive-9, "to defend the agriculture and food system against terrorist attacks, major disasters, and other emergencies." USDA's Jeremy Stump, says, "It's from farm to fork." The order covers animals and crops - the entire food supply chain - and includes shared operations with the CIA. www.cbsnews.com...

January 2005: Guide to good farming practices: This draft guide to good farming practices for animal production food safety was taken from the Report of the Meeting of the OIE Terrestrial Animal Health Standards Commission (Paris, 17-28 January 2005) www.oie.int/boutique/extrait/25berlingueri823836_0.pdf?PHPSESSID=64969a28688594daf57a7263f42fb1ce
2005 Bill: Safe and Secure Food Act (Good Farming Practices) www.govtrack.us...

June 2006 Global Diversity Treaty: Standard Material Transfer Agreement (SMTA) a standardized contract that will enable much easier access to crop diversity. [ germplasm for patenting] royalty payment (1.1% of sales) is paid only if product is unavailable for further breeding and research. funds will be devoted to conservation efforts. Translation: Bio-techs Corporations steal seed from third world farmers, patents it and pay money to Bioversity International www.bioversityinternational.org...

Feb 2007 GRAIN press release USA: Seed companies want to ban farm-saved seeds
A new report from GRAIN reveals the new lobbying offensive from the global seed industry to make it a crime for farmers to save seeds for the next year's planting. See History at www.gmfreeireland.org...

May 2008 Bio-tech companies lobby to lift ban against terminator gene www.gmfreeireland.org...

FAO is supporting harmonization of seed rules and regulations in Africa and Central Asia in order to stimulate the development of a vibrant seed industry...An effective seed regulation harmonization process involves dialogue amongst all relevant stakeholders from both private and public sectors. Seed quality assurance, variety release, plant variety protection, biosafety, plant quarantine and phytosanitary issues are among the major technical areas of a regional harmonized seed system. The key to a successful seed regulation harmonization is a strong political will of the governments involved www.fao.org...

In the EU, there is now a list of 'official' vegetable varieties. Seed that is not on the list cannot be 'sold' to the 'public' To keep something on the list costs thousands of pounds each year...Hundreds of thousands of old heirloom varieties (the results of about eleven thousand years of plant breeding by our ancestors) are being lost forever, due to some rather poorly drafted EU legislation. www.realseeds.co.uk... & www.euroseeds.org/pdf/ESA_03.0050.1.pdf"
NOTE: the information on this "disappeared" from the internet a while ago.

“In a sweeping move that has garnered surprisingly little attention this week the United States and the European Union have signed up to a new transatlantic economic partnership that will see regulatory standards “harmonized” and will lay the basis for a merging of the US and EU into one single market, a huge step on the path to a new globalized world order.” The BBC reported (news.bbc.co.uk...) from the Summit in Washington on Monday: stopspp.com...

THIS is why I looked at what is happening in farming in Europe. See: www.i-sis.org.uk...

Safe and Secure Food Act of 2005
Sources: www.govtrack.us...

The draft guide to good farming practices from OIE
Sources: www.oie.int...

Good farming practices lead to transition to sustaniable Agriculture Slide prsentation to FAO
Source: www.fao.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

nice wall of completely unrelated text...I am sure plenty of people will think "wow, thats alot of words..clearly that guy must be right.

So..let me counter your wall of words which have no relation to what passed...with a wall of words summerizing what just passed.

I am very much aware of that Amendment. I am ALSO aware that when the Animal Welfare Act was first passed it only applied to the "big guy" too. Then they slipped in an amendment and OOPS the little guy IS covered now.

I found that out the hard way when I had a USDA/PETA agent show up and demand I DOUBLE fence 97 acres of loblolly pine just so I could continue to show up at a kid's birthday party with a bunny, chick and goat! At least four others I know were also put out of business by the same agent.

So please do not try to tell me that this is the FINAL version of this law. It is NOT. You only have to look at all those guidelines written by Codex to know they are just itching to implement them here too.

That very nice Amendment (and I AM very thankful for it) was to get the law passed. It did so. HR 875 makes it very clear what the actual intent of the writers of the "food safety" bill is. Now we have to keep an eagle eye on all the 1,000 page bills to make sure there is not a one liner that repeals that amendment.

I guess what I am trying to say is politics is a lot of sleight of hand. There is controversy over a bill, compromises are made, the law is passed and then when no one is paying attention the law gets twisted little by little and we find a former "good law" now strips us of our rights.

Given we have a media that is nothing but a propaganda tool, the first time you will become aware of the changes to that law is when a Government agent travels three miles down a rutted dirt road and braves the guard dogs to knock on you door telling you you have 60 days to comply.

Believe me THAT is not a fun experience and I NEVER want to see another government agent again!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

And just how many times was DHS mentioned in your post of the bill??? creepy to say the least, but thanks for letting us all know we are in no danger with these types of bills/laws. I frankly don't believe you. But we will all see in time what will happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

And just how many times was DHS mentioned in your post of the bill??? creepy to say the least, but thanks for letting us all know we are in no danger with these types of bills/laws. I frankly don't believe you. But we will all see in time what will happen.

Yes I keep on thinking of what happened to the Federal Reserve Act and how it has changed over time until now the bankers now have a license to steal with absolutely no oversight.

First National Bank of Montgomery vs. Daly (1969) was a courtroom drama worthy of a movie script...

To everyone's surprise, Morgan admitted that the bank routinely created money "out of thin air" for its loans, and that this was standard banking practice. "It sounds like fraud to me," intoned Presiding Justice Martin Mahoney amid nods from the jurors. In his court memorandum, Justice Mahoney stated:

Plaintiff admitted that it, in combination with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, . . . did create the entire $14,000.00 in money and credit upon its own books by bookkeeping entry. That this was the consideration used to support the Note dated May 8, 1964 and the Mortgage of the same date. The money and credit first came into existence when they created it. Mr. Morgan admitted that no United States Law or Statute existed which gave him the right to do this. A lawful consideration must exist and be tendered to support the Note.

...Justice Mahoney, who was not dependent on campaign financing or hamstrung by precedent, went so far as to threaten to prosecute and expose the bank. He died less than six months after the trial, in a mysterious accident that appeared to involve poisoning....
www.webofdebt.com...

With information like that available since 1964 not to mention the poisoning of Congressman McFadden after he was shot at twice, I REALLY REALLY distrust the motives of ANYONE in DC. Anyone who actually does, especially during a lame duck session is very naive, brain washed or paid.

The next bill to watch is the Cap & trade rip-off.

Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world. – Henry Kissinger.

TPTB already controls money.

This new law means the world food supply is essentially under their control (they already had 80%)

That leaves energy - the Cap & Trade bill. Plenty of time during the lame duck for that. Of Course that is why Cancun was scheduled AFTER elections. I expect Cap & trade to be slipped in just before Christmas after most have left, just like they did with the Federal Reserve Act.

Call me a pessimist.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Dang, I thought I was first to post this. Oh well. I'll give my support for this thread.

I think the big point is the FDA getting more power to make decisions on what is acceptable and not acceptable. That is a scary thought. You know, given the FDAs history of screwing the public at the flash of a fat wallet, I can't trust this bill to be used properly.

The bill is worded in a way that it sounds wonderful, but it takes some thought about the organization that you are giving more power to.

The FDA didn't stop Avandia and another long list of drugs getting out to the public. They were obviously toxic, and there are still a lot of harmful drugs currently allowed to hurt people. And the FDA let the stuff through. It took people dying or getting sick before the FDA stepped in and recalled them. And they have messed up too many times for us to say something like, "no one's perfect." That's the kind of response I got from a friend today. And, that's just drugs, haven't even touched on food. We're either dealing with puppets in the FDA, or some underhanded people, or both.

If I let someone in my house, and every time I do so, something gets stolen, and they kick my dog for the hell of it, do you think I should continue to trust this person in my house? Given the FDAs past, what makes us think they will use this bill to make food wholesome and safe? Why on earth, after all that has happened, should we trust them?

They snuck this bill on through, and many people probably didn't know the bill existed. They didn't want us to inspect the wording too closely.

But, in a way, it's ok, because more and more people are learning what kind of low life people run organizations like Monsanto. Every time they step on a farmer, they show the world what kind of nasty people they are. Another nail in their coffin. They will inevitably destroy themselves. It's the same way with other criminals who get caught, they will generally leave a trail of some sort. Evil people aren't healthy people. They will fall, and we'll just be there to help give them a healthy shove.

Troy

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Cybertroy, I'm glad you made it over here. Several excellent posts from Crimvelvet on this. It seems this bill will have to go back to the House since the Senate changed the original bill. Can we delay its passage?

The FDA is corrupt. Google the research done on the connection between autism & vaccines. Key personnel connected to Big Pharma.

Some people seem not to want to know what's being done to them -- in increments.

I don't have the time now, but I want to post later on Dr. Rima Laibow and "The Culling."

It amazes me how the media ignores the over-population problem. The world population has MORE than doubled since 1960. This is UNsustainable. Believe me, the Elites are planning to De-populate the world thru a variety of means. One of the ways is by gaining total control over our food supply. Codex Alimentarius will be implemented here. Blocking access to healthful, organic food and natural herbs & vitamin/mineral supplements is one way of hastening our deaths.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Yeah, I like Dr Rima. I signed up for newsletters. She's been in the forefront of getting the e-mails sent to congress, now the house of Representatives to try and get this bill stopped.

As a matter of fact, let me put the link here, so we can get more exposure.

salsa.democracyinaction.org...

Last count has it at 100 citizens a minute sending e-mails. Send an e-mail often.

We are in a battle no doubt about it. As long as we keep putting the information out there to more and more people, they won't be able to stop us. See, there is no way to stop a grass roots movement, bar killing us all in one fell swoop. Too many people already know, and that number is growing, and there is more than one of us with a big mouth. And, I bet that terrifies those poor elitist fellows. smirk

Take pride in the truth, and know deep in your heart, we are going to win.

Troy
edit on 2-12-2010 by cybertroy because: Well, I needed to add something.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
What bothers me the most is that the ptb seem to not want you to be self sustaining at all. We must all be dependent on the system. Like the old guy there evicting from his land because he is living in a small camper without electricity, water or sewage so he must be a menace to society or mentally ill, so there gonna take his property and make him truly homeless like this is more acceptable??

This legislation scares me like no other, if this is indeed the final nail in the small farmers coffins, this will truly be the end of the USA. All for what? so monsanto and other corporation can profit, and control the masses

These are all just pieces to a larger ugly puzzle.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You are SO correct. Kissinger gave us the plan in 1970 in one sentence and people like SATURNFX are either too dumb or too BOUGHT to see it.

Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world. – Henry Kissinger.

MONEY - 1913 Federal Reserve Act, the Bretton Woods Conference [July 1944] that created IMF and the World Bank Good discussion at click

FOOD - World Trade Organization - Agreement on Ag, NAFTA, World Bank/IMF SAPs Codex FAO OIE in the EU CAP and now this bill the final nail in the coffin.

ENERGY - You can not research the first two and be left in any doubt that Global Warming is a hoax used to give control of energy to the Banker/Corporat cartel.

It starts in 1972, with big oil mogul, Maurice Strong (senior Adviser to the World Bank) and the First Earth Conference. It continues with Ged Davis, thirty year Shell oil veteran, and his Scenerio B1 Sustainability: otherwise known as Agenda 21. Davis also has IPCC connections. And it ended with the Danish Text leak showing the World Bank would be in control of the Carbon tax funds!

Please note the conspicuous presence of BANKERS in all three!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
What did I say about criminals getting caught and messing up?

Man, I hope this is true. Looks like some criminals made some mistakes. The bill could be dead in the water. smirk

www.naturalnews.com...

Troy

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
You know the question I'm asking myself now is "why the secrecy?" If this bill was so good, why do I need to find out about it from alternative news sources? Did anyone hear about it much on the mainstream news, before it was passed by the senate?

So, lets think about some things that are done in private, you know secretly. Sex, a surprise party, etc., or maybe underhanded dealings? Hmm, I wonder if underhanded dealings might be the reason for the secrecy?

As an aside, I was just reviewing my original post. Why is it I have to post the topic like CNN did? CNN and I definitely don't share the same views. CNN makes it sound like a good thing. Why would I want my topic to be the same as how CNN posted it? It's not accurate as to what is really going on.

Troy
edit on 3-12-2010 by cybertroy because: Thought about something.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Thanks, Cybertroy, for the link to Dr. Rima Laibow's S510 site! I'm glad you're aware of her.

As you probably know, her husband is retired US Army Maj. General Albert Stubblebine, who was head of Army Intelligence. He spearheaded research into the Paranormal. (Of course, the Nazi SS were experimenting with the Paranormal for military & espionage purposes way back in the 30's & 40's.) Stubblebine is also a 9/11 Truther.

I hope you're right that we can eventually defeat what I call the "Planetary Overlords" -- those Elites who control the most powerful banks & corporations on the planet -- some say they're comprised of about 300 of the world's most powerful families. I think the core group are European aristocrats who are Nazis -- with ties to the Vatican. I'm not sure how the Rothchilds network fits into this, but they're definitely involved in a MAJOR way. (They own US thru the Fed Reserve & Goldman Sachs.) One could argue that the Rothchilds are North European aristocrats and nominally Jewish.

Getting back to S510 in the House -- we might be able to delay it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
What bothers me the most is that the ptb seem to not want you to be self sustaining at all. We must all be dependent on the system. Like the old guy there evicting from his land because he is living in a small camper without electricity, water or sewage so he must be a menace to society or mentally ill, so there gonna take his property and make him truly homeless like this is more acceptable??

This legislation scares me like no other, if this is indeed the final nail in the small farmers coffins, this will truly be the end of the USA. All for what? so monsanto and other corporation can profit, and control the masses

LDragonFire, I'm not aware of the case of the old guy being evicted from his own land just because he was off-the-grid (without utilities). If that case is being reported accurately, that is a horrible violation of individual rights.

The Tester-Hagen Amendment exempts small farms (under $500,000 a year in annual sales) from Federal oversight. BUT if any "food-borne outbreak" is traced back to a small farm, that exemption will be revoked. I suspect it would be easy enough to frame someone, if they wanted to.

All of this additional Federal oversight is going to add to both the tax burden & the cost of food.

Which makes me wonder if the latest highly publicized outbreaks weren't staged to push thru this bill. "We have to pass this bill to protect the American publlic" blah, blah. A "False Flag Attack" on food?

You're right -- these are just the latest pieces in a VERY large & ugly puzzle.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

You are SO correct. Kissinger gave us the plan in 1970 in one sentence and people like SATURNFX are either too dumb or too BOUGHT to see it.

MONEY - 1913 Federal Reserve Act, the Bretton Woods Conference [July 1944] that created IMF and the World Bank Good discussion at click

FOOD - World Trade Organization - Agreement on Ag, NAFTA, World Bank/IMF SAPs Codex FAO OIE in the EU CAP and now this bill the final nail in the coffin.

ENERGY - You can not research the first two and be left in any doubt that Global Warming is a hoax used to give control of energy to the Banker/Corporat cartel.

It starts in 1972, with big oil mogul, Maurice Strong (senior Adviser to the World Bank) and the First Earth Conference. It continues with Ged Davis, thirty year Shell oil veteran, and his Scenerio B1 Sustainability: otherwise known as Agenda 21. Davis also has IPCC connections. And it ended with the Danish Text leak showing the World Bank would be in control of the Carbon tax funds!

Please note the conspicuous presence of BANKERS in all three!

Excellent post, CrimVelvet. Which reminds me: I wonder what's happening in Cancun. I don't trust Obama at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
What did I say about criminals getting caught and messing up?

Man, I hope this is true. Looks like some criminals made some mistakes. The bill could be dead in the water. smirk

www.naturalnews.com...

Troy

Thanks, Cybertroy, for that bit of good news. We need to bombard our senators & reps with protests to make sure this bill isn't revived. We haven't won yet. And they keep re-introducing some part of Codex Alimentarius every year.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
You know the question I'm asking myself now is "why the secrecy?" If this bill was so good, why do I need to find out about it from alternative news sources? Did anyone hear about it much on the mainstream news, before it was passed by the senate?

So, lets think about some things that are done in private, you know secretly. Sex, a surprise party, etc., or maybe underhanded dealings? Hmm, I wonder if underhanded dealings might be the reason for the secrecy?

As an aside, I was just reviewing my original post. Why is it I have to post the topic like CNN did? CNN and I definitely don't share the same views. CNN makes it sound like a good thing. Why would I want my topic to be the same as how CNN posted it? It's not accurate as to what is really going on.

Troy
edit on 3-12-2010 by cybertroy because: Thought about something.

I haven't heard anything on TV news about S510 being passed. You're right, they thought they could ram this thru when no one was looking, then boast about it after it had passed. But they messed up on a technicality: the Senate canNOT raise taxes to support a bill, only the House can.

We will see what happens to this. More people need to know so they can protest to their senators & reps. We do NOT need more taxes raised for this. This bill will also raise the price of food.

The problem is NOT the lack of regulation, the problem is NOT enforcing the Food Safety regulations we already have. Sloppy compliance or crooked inspectors!

As for CNN or any TV news organ, they cannot be trusted. They're owned by the same people who own everything else. The Liberal media is biased beyond belief. More real news seeps thru Fox, but even then, bear in mind that it's owned by Rupert Murdoch (he supported Obama -- among other things).

The thing we have to keep in mind: the purpose of all media (newspapers, magazines, radio, TV) is to SELL ADS. Sponsors pay for ad space. Sponsors may have a political bias, but what a sponsor really wants is to have its ads seen by as many people as possible in its target audience of potential consumers.

SeaWind

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join