It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elections in Egypt Nov. 28 2010 - Scandal in Bilbeis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
We often hear about forgeries at elections, but here the whole world can watch it now:

In the comment section the names of the falsifiers are listed. Talking about Wikileaks, we see that the modern means - in this case a mobile with camera - makes it more and more difficult to hide things.

ORF tv reported, that men of the secret service decided, who was allowed to enter the polling station. Journalists and even international observers were not allowed to come in.

The question is, will there be consequences? And for who? The falsifiers or the guy, who took the video?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article by Amira Nowaira in the Guardian, written on Saturday, one day before the elections:

Egyptian election: Politicians don't realise they could be tweeted out

The ruling National Democratic party, however, seems hopelessly out of touch with the times. It doesn't realise that the day might come when it could be tweeted out of power. Nor is it able to understand that it won't be able to station the country's security forces on the information superhighway as it does on Cairo's ring-roads.

Link

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Prove it, this is just some dumb youtube video, you believe everything you see on youtube? Thought we were here to deny ignorance guesse some people just make things up as they go.... I see nothing wrong here no scandal and just trying to bring people in egypt down.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Although I feel a little lonely here in my tiny thread, I still want to make an update:

On January 31st 2011, Omar Suleiman, Vice President since two days, promised the people new elections within the next weeks.
He did this while the people are revolting and want President Mubarak and his gang to leave the land.
And he only promised new elections in those districts, where there were doubts in the correctness - or with other words: only in those districts, where some smart guys recorded everything and put it on youtube.

But as things are developing, this is dust in the wind tomorrow anyway.

top topics

join