It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

north korea deploying missiles to launchpads (reuters)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
By Kim Do-gyun and Jo Yong-hak

YEONPYEONG, South Korea | Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:47am EST

YEONPYEONG, South Korea (Reuters) - North Korea has placed surface-to-surface missiles on launch pads in the Yellow Sea, Yonhap news agency said, as the United States and South Korea began military drills and China called for emergency talks.

China made clear that the talks would not amount to a resumption of six-party disarmament discussions which North Korea walked out of two years ago and declared dead. South Korea said it would carefully consider China's suggestion.

www.reuters.com...

I'm a bit concerned but I'm part of the"tinfoil brigade"
edit on 29-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
From this article
"It also said the United States should be blamed for "orchestrating" the whole sequence of events to justify sending an aircraft carrier to join the maritime maneuvers."
Am I reading this right? Grabs me tin-foil hat.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm sure its nothing to worry about. Like they said in the article "They don't really want to make war ...there's no gain for either side." But then again who really knows whats going on inside anybody's head these days. I sure hope it will turn out alright.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
"I am worried, but not that worried that I need to stay at home," said Eunhye Kim, an usher showing people from a packed theater in the capital. "They don't really want to make war ...there's no gain for either side."

Here's to you being correct. But to base the yes/no of war on the opinion of a movie theater usher seems...hopeful at best. I do however think his words are insightful to us all in this time of impending doom on the lips of a vast number of people around the world. Those of us who are not in a position to change the course of these events should remain hopeful and carry on with our lives and find joy where joy can be found, embrace what is left of the sacred, and smile.
Our children, at least mine, depend on my ability to function in a world of dysfunction.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I thought they already deployed surface to air missiles earlier? Is this a repeat of info or more missiles?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
I thought they already deployed surface to air missiles earlier? Is this a repeat of info or more missiles?

Looking at the date of the report I would say it is the same story as the other threads,

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
the more this story goes on the more I think the NK leadership is in OZ. I dare NK, to shoot surface missiles. With all due respect to Nk and the fans of that faction the Korean, war ended with us just being tired of war. If they restart war I dont see us giving em a pass in 2010. I dont care how they play it Nk is scared to death. If they were not they would not be mobilizing all these military pieces. Decisions made outta fear are usually the wrong ones.
Glad I dont have to deal with this..
If I was NK I would e kissing some butt, yet since they are still in the stone age they don't know any better.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by recycled
"I am worried, but not that worried that I need to stay at home," said Eunhye Kim, an usher showing people from a packed theater in the capital. "They don't really want to make war ...there's no gain for either side."

Which would be fine I guess if this puppet leader Kim was sane, and if war was a rational thing. It isnt.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by recycled

Well said. We wont really know until it either happens or doesn't happen. All we can do it hope for the best.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Same story from before about the surface to air missiles north korea has set up...... Why so many duplicate threads????

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
its not the same story if you will notice the article says Surface to surface missiles not surface to air missiles.

they moved the surface to surface missiles to the launch pads a few hours after they moved the SAM's.

Also NK can try and blame the U.S. for everything but see the thing is. the Washington was scheduled to join the exercises long before NK shot artillery at SK. And they can try and say that they responded to SK navy live fire exercises but the SK navy was south of the northern limit line and was firing artillery away from NK.

I might also add the NK doesn't recognized the northern limit line that the U.N. imposed and NK believes the line is farther south than what SK, the U.N and every other country agrees on.

The bottom line is NK got caught with their hands in the cookie jar again and just need to fess up and take the hand slapping they will get for it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
So what difference is it from when they deployed the surface to air missiles or the surface to surface missiles same thing just different missile types.... Still do not see any significance at all... Its basically the same story with different missile types right???

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Surface to surface missiles would be used to attack targets on the ground

Surface to air missiles would be used to try and shoot down aircraft close to the DMZ and Northern limit line.

the only similarities in the missiles are they are missiles and they are launched from the surface thats it. They do 2 completely different roles. You remember the Scud missile from Iraq? thats a surface to surface missile.

join