It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Colorado Lawyer Files For Injunction Against Janet Napolitano and TSA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Exclusive: Colorado Lawyer Files For Injunction Against Janet Napolitano and TSA

www.informationliberation.com

Colorado lawyer, Gary Fielder, has filed for a Permanent Restraining Order in federal district court against Janet Napolitano, John Pistole, the Department of Homeland Security and the TSA. Attorney Fielder made headlines earlier this year when he refused to go through a naked body scanner installed at a Colorado courthouse. He has now filed a Complaint for Injunctive Relief to stop the naked body scanners and enhanced pat downs at our nation's airports.

In his complaint, he details his personal story of how he and his daughters were treated during an "enhanced pat down" by the TSA on a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Haha, I LOVE it! Sueing and filing a restraining order against these fascist grope-mongers.

Will this guy possibly be the one who takes this unbelievably corrupt organization down?

THIS is the type of activity we need more of! Call out these violators and take them on, head to head. That and non-cooperation, such as refusing to fly, until things change drastically.

This guy is a hero. I hope he brings these thugs down.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Great guy, with the guts to follow through. More heros like this are needed. Mass claims against TSA would be a nice form of civil disobedience!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Let's hope he has success with his filing. I have no faith in the judicial system but maybe this could prove to be a situation that restores some of my faith.

I am glad to see he filed in State rather than Federal court. I haven't read the CO Constitution nor did I see where he cited it but my personal belief is that to take this leviathan down will require suits to be filed in the State courts citing both Federal and State Constitutional protections of our rights against an intrusive government. Our Constitutions do not grant us rights, they protect us from those wishing to subvert them.

S&F

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What a courageous act!

He's absolutely right, too. It is unconstitutional for unwarranted search without even 'reasonable' suspicion at best.

The TSA needs to be repealed.

It seems like the only people that want to blow things up are government plants anyway.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well I just finished reading the whole document.

I'm surprised that it is so legitimate. I did not think that any actual laws were being broken with these proceedures, put obviously there is.

I'm happy somebody is doing this, I hope the courts rule in his favor. Although I doubt it will see the light of day for some reason.

In any case I will be sending my support to him via email.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This could backfire on him of course.

they might allow it, then say neither party can be within 100 yards of each other...effectively banning this person from flying without breaking his own restraining order.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
policy is not legislated law

and tsa has to work with in the law.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Looks like others are starting to question the validity and legality of these searches and physical violations of the populace.

Could this backlash and movement be gaining steam to shut the TSA down?

Why the TSA pat-downs and body scans are unconstitutional

Courts evaluating airport-screening technology tend to give great deference to the government's national security interest in preventing terrorist attacks. But in this case, there's a strong argument that the TSA's measures violate the Fourth Amendment, which prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures.

Full story:

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
There should be thousands of suits like this around the country. I'm sad that I live among so many NAZI (TSA) sympathizers who seem to care less. Makes me wonder how many people actually supported the Bill of Rights when it was written.

Curious when/if the MSM will ever report such legal action.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

he filed in federal court not state court.

while i agree with him that the enhanced pat downs and the advanced scanners violate our 4th amendment rights. i highly doubt the courts will rule in this guys favor.

The only thing that will stop the TSA from continuing to violate our rights is if the public quits flying. as the financial strain on the airlines from a loss of income would start to force them into bankruptcy or force them to close down completely. the government would have no choice but to listen to the american public and remove the scanners, stop violating our rights at the airport.

but then again who am i kidding. Obama has thrown money at everyone else he might just take over the airlines like he did the car manufactures

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

while i agree with him that the enhanced pat downs and the advanced scanners violate our 4th amendment rights. i highly doubt the courts will rule in this guys favor.

If we all send this info to all our friends... I bet we can start a very large grassroots push against this behind the case itself.

That would count for something.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

My apologies, you are correct.

I guess it was wishful thinking on my part in addition to my lack of knowledge regarding the nomenclature of the various courts.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The thing to do is tell your friends about this web site: Fully Informed Jury Association and ask them to read it and tell ten other people.

The primary function of the independent juror, is not, as many people think, to dispense punishment to fellow citizens accused of breaking various laws, but rather to protect fellow citizens from tyrannical abuses of power by the government.

... But does the jury's power to veto bad laws exist under our Constitution?

It certainly does! At the time the Constitution was written, the definition of the term "jury" referred to a group of citizens empowered to judge both the law and the evidence in the case before it.....

After you read the pdf, "Jurors' Handbook: A Citizens Guide to Jury Duty" you will understand why this information is NEVER taught in a public school.

If there is one thing ATS can do to make this world better it is to get this information out to every US citizen. "WE the people have the RIGHT and the DUTY to judge not only the accused but the LAW!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

no worries. he had to file it in federal court so it would be effective nationwide. if he would have filed in state court it would only be effective in the state of Colorado.

the sad thing is both courts are corrupt and will probably rule in favor of the government because its a "national security issue" and it just screws over the U.S. people

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

awesome post!! S&F

this info is..........................PRICELESS

I think this story, along with the jury's handbook should be passed along to everyone we come in contact with. can you imagine the outcome, if jurors knew that they truly have the power to override bad laws????

also, I can see how this power could be used against TPTB when they try to claim "national security" as their defense, and would not allow "classified" info to be used against them.

this could stop them in their tracks..............................I just want to tell the whole world now.............too bad we don't have any MSM that has the guts to put this on at primetime............

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

Yes, that almost always seems to be the case.

Instead, we have gov figureheads appearing all over the corpomedia outlets telling us all to be good little sheep and obey their draconian violations of us. lol.

But if enough grassroots organizations form from people such as this guy and begin standing up to these bullies, they will eventually fold imho. This is a very important story to keep alive.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

But if enough grassroots organizations form from people such as this guy and begin standing up to these bullies, they will eventually fold imho. This is a very important story to keep alive.

Indeed.

Something else to consider is the fact that the "Opt Out Protest" did produce results.

The TSA is no longer scanning every passenger at my airport. Prior to that they had been scanning everyone since the scanners were installed.

Of course the MSM reported that the "Opt Out protest fizzled" misleading readers by creating the illusion that most fliers were okay with the screenings & pat downs or that there weren't enough protesters to make a difference.

The reality is that John Pistole decided to change screening polices on that day thus preventing the protesters from experiencing a public victory thereby quelling more of the public from joining the winning team - his opposition. He changed the game at the last minute, even while telling the media that nothing will change.

Clearly they have a kink in their armor, but it seems they are trying to control the public via the media and the MSM is happy to comply.

Perhaps we can go into more detail in another thread as I'm getting a bit off topic
edit on 30-11-2010 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I learned about this complaint and request for a permanent restraining order by watching yesterday's Alex Jones show. I am so encouraged by this action. Thank you, Gary D. Fielder!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Information Liberation embeds the Scribd. full complaint. I think it's interesting to scroll through it.

One thing I picked up on is the wording "artificial persons, such as corporations . . . ." And at the beginning of the document the plaintive is referred to as a "natural person." It's amazing that we have to make a distinction between two types of people.

It says in the document that by the end of 2010, there will be close to 500 Whole Body Imaging (WBI) scanners in airports, and by the end of 2011, over 1,000.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join