It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemeni president covers up US strikes: WikiLeaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yemeni president covers up US strikes: WikiLeaks

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) – Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh admits covering up US military strikes on Al-Qaeda in Yemen by claiming they are carried out by Yemeni forces, according to US documents leaked by WikiLeaks.

"We?ll continue saying the bombs are ours, not yours," Saleh said in January talks with General David Petraeus, then commander of US forces in the Middle East, according to a leaked US diplomatic cable published by the New York Times.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Im not sure if we are going to keep a single thread for all the leaks that come out this time, so feel free to close this thread if we are already doing that.

I was suprised to see this on the frontpage of yahoo.coms news. I would think that most media would of tried to cover these leaks up, and say that are bad/illegal or whatever.

Anyways, it looks like the US did bomb targets in Yemen, and the Yemeni president and US tried to cover it up.

Is this considered illegal what the US did? Wouldnt it of just been easier if the US came out and said, yes we are bombing targets in Yemen?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This in it's self is nothing new .I have known of this myself for a little over 3 years , there have been many covert actions going on in that region for quite sometime .Things have grown since the arrival of the worlds navy's in the area .Fighting Somali pirates is a cover ! There is no threat from pirates .It is a scare tactic to keep the world out of the area while they commit crimes . This is about securing the straight .

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
so what will americans do about this news ? NOTHING afcourse
and what Jemenies will do ? NOTHING . Majority of them don't know what is wiki leaks .

so conclusion : This news is Big Nothing !

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Actually you are wrong about the pirates mate...

Have you been there?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

This could cause a serious backlash by the citizens of Yemen, that place is already like the wild west anyway and when this news hits the streets, watch out Mr President.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Actually you are wrong about the pirates mate...

Have you been there?

They are assets , this is why they are constantly released to re-offend and are never brought to court. If you were a ocean liner would you be intimidated by six melnourished clowns in a wooden punt 16ft long ??? I wouldn't be concerned even if they had rocket launchers .A ocean liner trumps a 16ft wooden boat anytime in my world .It would crush them like a bug .Are you aware of the weaponry that is actually on board these privately own civilian vessals inclunding sonic weaponry ?This is public knowledge you are welcome to research it . Your Somali pirates are bold and protected assets , they keep the weary out of the area for the military opperations and as a bonus make their handlers wealthy from insurance fraud .

top topics

join