It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT crew locked up for 32 hours.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thousands of people attended a peacefull rally outside Fort Benning in Georgia as they do every year.

Correspondent Kaelyn Forde called the handling “brutal” and international organizations condemned use of police violence against members of the press. But despite all the outrage, the mainstream media has remained silent over the incident.Correspondent Kaelyn Forde called the handling “brutal” and international organizations condemned use of police violence against members of the press. But despite all the outrage, the mainstream media has remained silent over the incident.

It started off as a peaceful rally outside a US training camp for Latin American military and police officers. What followed this nonviolent protest caught everyone by surprise: dozens were arrested. Police targeted journalists along with the activists.

Among those arrested were RT correspondent Kaelyn Forde and RT cameraman Jon Conway, both there on assignment covering the protest that brought together thousands of people.

rt.com...

I am not in American, no nothing of this place or if it deserves to be dubbed "School of Assassins.

I do wonder thogh why this has not been covered by the mainstream media, especially as journalists were arrested, they were after all just doing their job.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

. On-air correspondent Kaelyn Forde and cameraman Jon Conway, both of whom are U.S. citizens, were charged with unlawful assembly, demonstrating without a permit, and failing to obey police orders, according to The Associated Press. They were both held for 29 hours before each was released on a US$1,300 bond.

www.cpj.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
because they did it on purpose.. its not real news.. just because it was out side fort Ben. don't man anything.. they failed to get what they wanted so no news lol..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
For the second time today I'm calling the American Government Hypocrites. Seems to be a common theme.

I'm not surprised this isn't being reported in the US. Not because (as the video suggests) it's viewed as something to not report on voluntarily, but because the media is so controlled in the US there is no possibility of this story being exposed there.

The US media, much like the BBC here in the UK, is simply a mouthpiece for the Government. Investigative reporting is left to a fringe element, and the nationally recognized news outlets have been co-opted by government to simply tell the public what they want them to know.

It'll be extremely interesting to see how the US news outlets report on Wikileaks. I'll bet they'll mention the story, but provide no substance at all.

new topics

top topics

join