It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - First Leaks Revealed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I think it means that his focus should be on his relationship or rivalry with the east, rather than spending time on us Europeans since we are checkmate at the moment.
edit on 28/11/10 by flice because: additional reply

Probably and to me it seems that the sentiment is mutual. EU is increasingly looking at Russia to form a strong alliance as they are aware of the rapidly fading power of the US.

Originally posted by justwokeup
Europe is in terminal decline. The nations of the east are rising. Its logical for the US to focus there.

Haha, the EU is hardly in decline, the US instead, is. The EU is China's and Russia's most important customer and there is plenty of room left for growth, especially from a military point of view. I should say though, that the Anglo-Saxon attempt to hype the financial woes in the EU is effective.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
I have no sympathy or compasion for any and all Governments that are directly effected by the information contained in these documents.
Don't get me wrong...I love and cherish my country (U.S), but they will be there own undoing. If there is damning E-mails and sensitive documents that could hurt diplomatic relations abroad, then so be it. It's time elected officials be exposed for the frauds they are. Regardless of outcome I'm sure most of us rather have the truth and face a little national embarasement than continue living a lie our so called elected officials perpetuate every day.

I would like to commend you for your well-rounded views and for not being one of those "defend to the death" types we see so much of around here!

I wouldn't worry too much about embarrassment. I don't think the general view of the American Public will change. Those who have an interest in reading the contents of these leaks will have the intelligence to recognize the difference between the administration and the people.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If these are opinions about world leaders and social/political situations around the world.. what's the big deal?

What sort of punishment should there be for American politicians having opinions about world leaders and diplomats? I am really curious, because if we are punishing people for their unflattering opinions, we need to imprison most of Europe ASAP for their CRIMES??? of insulting former President Bush and the American people for the last decade..

Right?

Let's see something more than your egos bruised before we declare America the ultimate enemy.

We've been flooded with hate from you for what feels like an eternity. Maybe it will do you some good to see that you can be viewed in a less than flattering light as well.

I'd like to see all the rosy, happy, friendly comments your diplos make in what are supposed to be private communications...

This is the international version of "but tommy said .....", like a bunch of 3rd graders.

Where's the beef?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I know its run into the ground but I still think Wiki is a Mossad operation. Maybe not wikileaks themselves but the people doing the leaking probably work for AIPAC. President of Iran is hitler, where have I heard that before? lol

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Look at the demographic projections for europe. Ageing declining populations all around. Crippling social care costs that will only increase. We've had our turn unless things change massively.

Its sensible for the US to look east, no matter how that may offend some europeans. (of which I am one).

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Because the Internet was designed by DARPA and the US Military to withstand multiple nuclear strikes on existing infrastructure, by distributing its communication lines across multiple networks. This architecture is still in place and is propagated throughout the entire world every time a new router comes on line. On top of that, you have to consider every computer in the world is a potential router as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
You see that SOLD to the papers SOLD is about money people follow the money assange and wikileaks could care less about you or providing the truth WIKILEAKS IS A BUSINESS NOW hiding behind a c1c not-for profit orginization how is it NOT FOR PROFIT WHEN THEY ARE SELLING THEIR SOULS FOR MONEY???

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
am i the only one who thinks they want it to be running?

Of course your right, they could of stopped this if they wanted.

Hospitals and mental homes are places they put people who threaten there security, and i mean in west.

But like you say, i reckon too they are doing this on purpose.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Personally from my perspective I would like to see a readjustment of our (British) relationship with America. (a more honest one for us both) Perhaps the release of these cables will stop the British Gov ranting on about a special relationship with the US that simply does not exist.

I wouldn't blame the US for looking east for it's prosperity.. and wish them luck in that search..

Tho I have to wonder what other worms will crawl out of the woodwork once these cables are released.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
heres a little something provided by bbcnews

"The material that we are about to release covers essentially every major issue in every country in the world,"

could be interesting
link

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I don’t know if its relevant or sheer coincidence, but I have been refreshing the wiki site all day. Now I have no connection to the site, just keeps telling me Internet explorer cannot detect web page.

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
As much as I hate many of the things our government is doing, we still have more freedoms than many countries.

We can peacefully change what we see is wrong.

The bad stuff that is being released by wikileaks happens in all countries, not just the USA. China is worse in a lot of ways, yet I find people cheering them on for some reason. That makes no sense. We are not openly running people over with tanks here or clamping down on religious freedom.

That said it burns my a** the things we are doing and there papers reveal!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

"Despite your stated desire to protect ... lives, you have done the opposite and endangered the lives of countless individuals.

This would be laughable, were it not so sad and true that the US Government could actually be making this statement about itself

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDeader

From the source:

1. “Obama prefers to look East than West.”
  2. “Obama has no emotion towards Europe.”
  3. “The US sees the world as a confrontation between 2 superpowers. The EU plays a secondary role.”
  4. From the cover, we read that Ahmadinejad “is Hitler”, Sarkozy is “an emperor without clothes”
  5. Karzai is “driven by paranoia”.

owni.fr
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-11-2010 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the tid bits you provided here. This is no surprise. It was clear from the beginning of Obama's presidency that he held little respect for Europe and he litterally bowed down to the East. From observation, Obama is devoid of human emotion; he operates on ideology. Ahmadinejad is today's Hitler in regard to his desire to wipe Jews off the face of the earth and threatening to nuke them and us. Sarkozy referred to the "emperor with no clothes" made me laugh out loud. That's gonna hurt the little guy's ego big time but sadly, with no good purpose and no good reason.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by Mdv2

Look at the demographic projections for europe. Ageing declining populations all around. Crippling social care costs that will only increase. We've had our turn unless things change massively.

Its sensible for the US to look east, no matter how that may offend some europeans. (of which I am one).

I don't see how demographics possibly influences this shift of focus. The real reason why they are doing so, is because China is openly threating US hegemony. In other words, they are forced to shift their attention to the East and alike the Roman empire in its final days, they have turned from a predictor into a victim.

Furthermore, the Cold War is over, so we offer little value to the US, but saying that the EU doesn't play a role of significance in the world any longer is a misconception. There's China, Brazil, Russia and India on one hand and the EU on the other hand. I don't see how there's a place left for the US and Japan while the EU remains economically a very important partner to all BRIC countries.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by funbox
heres a little something provided by bbcnews

"The material that we are about to release covers essentially every major issue in every country in the world,"

could be interesting
link

Its sound like history is about to be rewritten.

It will most probably be very easy to get mad at what is about to be revealed. I am sure it will be very easy to criticize the U.S. for how they have behaved.

However, I have a strange feeling this is much bigger than everyone invovled realizes. If you take a step back its perfectly possible that wikileaks, the U.S. and the other countries around the world don't even realize what they are part of at the moment.

I can't help feeling that everything is being explained to us before the whole show wraps up.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I think you may be right about mossad. Did you see Netanyahu's comment?

[4:27 p.m.] Netanyahu first head of State to speak out According to Israeli newspaper of record Ha’aretz, Prime Minister Netanyahu played down the risks for Israel, saying that his country “will not be at the center of international attention”. He added that he received no further briefing from the US besides the one received last week.

owni.fr

How could he know the effects it will have on his country? Have to pay attention to how this plays out for Israel.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Why waste your diplomatic energy on the 'has beens'? Why not focus it on those on the rise.

Demographics are important because nations crushed under the weight of their social obligations wont be throwing their weight around. A declining pool of the young supporting an ever expanding group of the old and economically inactive is a recipe for economic doom. Which equates long term to loss of influence.

Theres no point backing losers when you are looking at strategy 10, 20, 50, 100 years down the line.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Wikileaks Twitter Update: 3 minutes ago.

"We are currently under a mass distributed denial of service attack."

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
On twitter wikileaks reports they are under a mass distributed denial of service attack

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join