It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon bomb-plot suspect wanted 'spectacular show'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Oregon bomb-plot suspect wanted 'spectacular show'

news.yahoo.com

PORTLAND, Ore. – A Somali-born teenager plotted "a spectacular show" of terrorism for months, saying he didn't mind that children would die if he bombed a crowded Christmas tree-lighting ceremony, according to a law-enforcement official and court documents.
He never got the chance. Mohamed Osman Mohamud, 19, was arrested Friday in downtown Portland after using a cell phone to try to detonate what he thought were explosives in a van, prosecutors said. It turned out to be a dummy bomb put together by FBI agents.
It is the latest in a string of alleged terrorist plots by U.S. citizens or r
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So I can understand this Portland Bomber Plot properly... He thought he was going to make a call (from his phone) to blow up the van. But it was a dummy bomb the F.B.I. set up... So this whole thing was a "sting" by the F.B.I. ? They literally guided this man on how to do this entire thing,allowed a fake "bomb" in a van to be set-up...then let this wanna be terrorist go to the extent to pretend to detonate it with the phone...and THEN arrest him?... Im sorry but the whole thing wouldn't have went that far if the F.B.I. never fed him all the bs info, and go to that extent. Great way to spread fear over the holidays. Why even release this information. "oh ya there was a terrorist threat...we set up it up...but btw we also stopped it"
American Government doing what it does best. Spread that fear so we will feed into the crap mainstream media programs us to believe. Im sorry but this really pisses me off to a big extent.

The FBI didn't stop a terrorist- they created one. The FBI contacted him about his terrorist plans and even set him up with the "explosives expert." It seems awful suspicious to me that our government is encouraging this kid to carry out his plan so they can arrest him and claim they thwarted a terrorist. This kid wasn't even working with anyone overseas, they never responded to his emails. There is more to this story then they are letting on to....

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Prior to the FBI getting involved, they were contacted by a member of the Muslim community (someone who knew this guy) and informed them that he was becoming increasingly more radical. Muslim community leaders have been quick to denounce the act and stress that communication is important... [per interview]
edit on 27-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

More radical meaning...looking on the internet trying to find someone to teach him?...
Really how many of us have researched something on the internet but never actually went threw the full extent?
Sorry but i call BS on this one.
Yea kudos to F.B.I...you created a terrorist, but also stopped your own plot.
-rolls eyes

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

The way the FBI and Justice system looks at it, will be that if they (FBI) didn't do this, someone else would have and he would have been successful. Just some food for thought. So, in all actuality, it was for the best they did this to get this man off the street.

Researching it and not going through with something is one thing, but when your given the opportunity and tools to go through with it, then actually do attempt to go through it, that's just as bad as doing it. So, if the FBI had not done this, this man would have gotten away it. With the act from the first person that came along and gave him the opportunity. See the logic in that?
edit on 27-11-2010 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
this makes me sick im from portland oregon and every time i go to volunteer at the zoo i go across pioneir sqaure hell i went yesterday i could have been in that bombing ):

new topics

top topics

join