It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking to Chat without Chat!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Ok, because I still cant seem to get into chat, and I know I'm not the only one, I propose that we find either another way, or we set up a time that some of us can interact without chat. Maybe this problem isn't on a large enough scale to matter to some, but it is to me.

So I am taking suggestions by those that either have a plan, or are having the same problem and are looking for a solution, and a way to chat with members.

Looking forward to getting some responses.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
this is very ture so maybe you could pick a site that already has this function id love to collaborate and talk with others i really havent thought of that i'll look in my brain lol too for a idea

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Why can't you get in ??

... why don't you just get on Skype ?? I havent been on in a couple of weeks, ... but there were quite a few of us on there in an ats inspired room.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I have tried everything under the sun. I went from Mozilla, to IE to Google chrome. I removed all blockers, emptied my cache, restarted my computer, the only thing I haven't tried is going back in time to get invent the computer.

There is pretty much nothing I haven't tried, and since I am electronically challenged, it has made me quite frustrated.

Even in I did Skype, I would have NO clue how to get that together. Buuuttttt, if you have any suggestions that may I have over looked please let me know. Thanks.

Peace, NRE.

edit on 27-11-2010 by NoRegretsEver because: spelling due to frustration

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

How strange.....

.. so what happens when you click on "Chat" ??

you may also try searching for " chat troubleshooting " threads.

Skype is easy to set up. do u have an old computer or something.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

When I do all of the above mentioned things it asks to click you know for the T&C, then I click and I get a gray screen for about 20 min. Now I have something that checks the page, and I do get an error, but its says permission denied. I think it may be a sizing error, but I'm not sure because when I try to reload the page it gives me the option to reload the frame.

I have a laptop, its about 2 yrs old, with vista, I just live in the country and dont have the best speed, but I have accessed other chat to see if that was it and it isn't. I just dont use my computer for anything complicated.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ok I tried again and this is what I get.

NoRegretsEver, this live chat function is a service offered to the members of ATS as a means to get to know each other in a real-time conversational environment. However, by using chat you agree that a more decisive interpretation of our Terms and Conditions while chatting:

Any action deemed as insulting, demeaning, or derogatory in any way that is directed toward another member of ATS may result in a termination of your ATS account. Similarly, any posting of material, or links to material, that is not allowed under the Terms and Conditions may result in a termination of your ATS account.

Any posting habits deemed as disruptive, juvenile, vulgar or otherwise intended to be disruptive of those attempting to have a meaningful conversation may result in the termination of your chat privileges.

The use of vulgarities may result in a temporary 24-hour ban from chat.

In short, this is not "Chat Roulette" or IRC, this is ATS. Act as though you would in a well-appointed room full of like-minded strangers, civilized. Don't be one of "those people."

I then press the link and nothing.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm still also getting exactly the same problem you're having. I agree to the terms and conditions, and then it sits on a grey screen forever.

I've also done everything that everyone suggested, my laptop is less than a year old, windows 7, and have tried in IE8, firefox, and chrome. Nothing.

This is the second time I've seen you wonder about this, the 3rd time for me. It seems ats doesn't care about whether the chat works for everyone. I wonder how many of us cannot chat, and why.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just another reason to bring back mutter....

I miss mutter...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18a950f9c98f.png[/atsimg]

Still.

Did mutter work for everyone?
If so, why is it gone, when there are those that cannot get into chat?

new topics

top topics

join