It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India sending 36,000 troops to china border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
what do you all think of this

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

edit on Sat Nov 27 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by williamAmerican

you have to be kidding me lol, no source no nothing?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Just go to google and type ...India sending 36000 troops to border ...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
We're all gonna die.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
here let me help...

I think he found it here:
www.bbc.co.uk...

India has formed two new army divisions - comprising more than 36,000 men - to defend the north-eastern state of Arunachal Pradesh.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here is the news from the BBC, seems Asia is heating up everywhere!

BBC Report

This is not good news, but I don't blame India, China and North Korea have been bulling the world long enough!

Now the chickens are coming home to roost!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
hey put a link in and a few comments it starts a thread off well...
Yes it seems to be heating up. I wonder who is responsible for turning the heat up in China atm...
It dosnt take many guesses...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hmmmm . . . Carrier exercise in the Yellow Sea . . . India reinforces its border with China . . . North Korea threatens to be on the brink of war . . . China warns of U.S./S. Korean Exercise . . . Looks like China has let its little pet bulldog (more like a poodle) North Korea wander a little to far from the farm or its intention confrontation, possible by China to test the waters of being a world power . . . a very dangerous game . . . don't you think!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mel1962

Couple all of that with Pakistan ceding some of the Kashmir territory to China.. The ink was barely dry before China sent 11k troops into the area. Granted its on the completely opposite side of where the Indian troops were deployed..

China and India have fought 3 majors wars with each other.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I was unaware of that little deal . . .looks like China is flexing it's muscle and it's gaining re-action from the rest of the world. No wonder the Chinese kissed and made up with Putin! I think something is definitely stirring!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Lets note that the date of that report was the 23rd Nov.

Many military decisions are made every day, and most go without comment. This isn't that big of a development in my opinion. It seems to make sense that if China has been building up their capabilities in a specific region, you'd want to do something to prepare for that.

Both China and India probably view this as "expected".

Note that China hasn't commented on it.
When they suggest that the build up of Indian forces there is concerning to them, then worry about it. Until then it's nothing IMO.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The one thing I would not be in a WW3 is a marine on the ground...

Albert Einstein said ”

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Because sticks and stones will be all that is left after WWIII.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I find this kinda of funny considering events of the past couple of weeks. Could these new troops be in reaction to the visit by the President [US]. Maybe some agreement was made to start aligning against China? Still we are living in some very interesting times.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

China's silence is deafening and their restrained statement in regard to the US/S Korea Exercise is interesting as well . . . it tells me that they have under estimated world re-action to there muscle flexing . . . perhaps the toe in the water did not feel as warm now, as it did a few weeks ago . . . IMHO!

edit on 11/27/10 by mel1962 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/27/10 by mel1962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's just posturing before the talk.

India, China to hold crucial border talks ahead of Wen's visit

It's the 14th round of border talk this 29th. Regarding this particular border issue, I'm actually with china.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Re: China strengthens ties with Russia. and the North Korea connection. (Selected applicable to thread)

Origin China: 36 Stratagems of war.

1)Befriend a distant state while attacking a neighbour (遠交近攻/远交近攻, Yuǎn jiāo jìn gōng)

It is known that nations that border each other become enemies while nations separated by distance and obstacles make better allies. When you are the strongest in one field, your greatest threat is from the second strongest in your field, not the strongest from another field. This policy is associated with Fan Sui of Qin, circa 269 BC.

2)Entice the tiger to leave its mountain lair (調虎離山/调虎离山, Diào hǔ lí shān)

Never directly attack an opponent whose advantage is derived from its position. Instead lure him away from his position thus separating him from his source of strength.

3)Loot a burning house (趁火打劫, Chèn huǒ dǎ jié)

When a country is beset by internal conflicts, when disease and famine ravage the population, when corruption and crime are rampant, then it will be unable to deal with an outside threat. This is the time to attack.

I believe what will end up happening is China will take power of North Korea if we get to the point of War. It will be a shock but rather than allowing the USofA to be so close to China (The North Korean buffer). China will "help" the US and South Korea but will control the North in the end to maintain the buffer.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

I believe China "owns" North Korea, they are after the entire Korean Peninsula and greater influence over Japan and thus give them leverage with Taiwan. IMHO!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It is not that big of a deal Ib would be doing this just as procedure my take on it this is nothing but re-inforcement just in case something went now lets not toot the war horn until something actually happens.... I think it will smooth over india is just being cautious and I can not blame them could.would you?? Right now it means nothing.
edit on 27-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mel1962

Of course they are to an extent, but, they are very independent as well. See, this is my point exactly, do you think the US / S.K will be the ones to "control" N.K? If war is to commence then China will be given an oppertunity to officially control and occupy N.K. They could essentially run up the numbers in the territories and create work for many a Chinese farmer and usurp the land.

It's a gift horse.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by williamAmerican

Thread closed

top topics

join