It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian nuclear plant nears national electricity production! Brand new CNN article!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Ali Akbar Salehi, the head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, said the fueling of the plant in the southern city of Bushehr is complete and that officials are hoping that the facility "will hook up with the national grid in one or two months."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said the United States has no problem with the Bushehr plant, but she is concerned about "places like Natanz and their secret facility at Qom and other places where we believe they are conducting their weapons program."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

read the full article here ------->www.cnn.com...

Now theres no proof they are building nuclear weapons, but if you watch the news it always refers to it as Irans nuclear weapons program etc.

your thoughts?

edit on 27-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: forgot link

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
congratulations Iran? hopefully this helps the country to prosper?
i don't really know what to say.
this doesn't really matter for us in the US, since we don't conduct trade with Iran.
But the word 'nuclear' is in there coupled with Iran, so this must matter a lot to me, i think.
good for them though.
i wonder if the secret nuclear sites were ever really secret at all, or did IAEA inspectors just never check or ask up on these things, so Iran never said anything about it? you know, like i wont tell the police i have 10,000$ under my bed unless they ask if i have money stashed in my house. but if they choose to search it without my admission and discover it, then of course they're going to be suspicious, and i'll be shouting my 4th til their ears bleed.
im sure its all just a misunderstanding, as Iran does insist. and i believe them, atm.
hilary could not have been any ruder btw lol. at least try to be genteel about it a little bit, gosh. it is a pretty big step toward modernization. she always has to refer to the negative side of things when it comes to Iran...
maybe shes racist? i know if it were a country like the philippines she would have been happy-preppy and probably would have booked a ticket with mr.obama on AF1 to go check out the plant.
well on behalf of hilary clinton, i salute Iran. job well done
edit on 27-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well, can you blame them?

Ahmadinejad makes a speech a week about the "evil zionist entity". Literally, every week on Iranian TV he gives a weekly address and he usually makes mention to the "zionist threat". This is the type of rhetoric which gives credence to the idea that Iran will use this nuclear program for making a bomb (even if they also make use of it for electricity).

Given his past, very explicit statements about what he wants to do to Israel. His making military pacts with Syria, Lebanon and Turkey, and his infamous desire to create a state of chaos so the imam mahdi can return.... Does more need to be said?

Iran should not be purusing nuclear technology. It simply does not conduct itself in a acceptable manner. Its a country which vaunts its military might and has said over and over again it would like to wipe israel off the map. And above all, its leader is a radical.
edit on 27-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Iran should not be purusing nuclear weapons. Its a country which vaunts its military might and has said over and over again it would like to wipe israel off the map.

Well many dissagree with you.
It has been shown over and over that he did not say that about Israel..
And maybe Iran needs the bomb to ward of the likes of Israel that also have nukes, although they will not officially admit it because then they would be open to inspection..
Heaven forbid anyone every question Israel..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by dontreally

Iran should not be purusing nuclear weapons. Its a country which vaunts its military might and has said over and over again it would like to wipe israel off the map.

And maybe Iran needs the bomb to ward of the likes of Israel that also have nukes, although they will not officially admit it because then they would be open to inspection..
Heaven forbid anyone every question Israel..

Are you serious?

Iran makes weekly statements about Israel. This is documented. It just finished making a military pact with Lebanon and Syria (Turkey was also mentioned as an ally).

As for Irans leader not making 'those comments'. Thats sorta like ahmadinejad not saying the holocaust didnt happen. In fact, he likened it to a 'fairy tale'. And has held forums to trivialize the historocity of it.

Has Israel ever threatened Iran? Has Israel attempted to aggrandize their border? Even if Israel has bombs. Its understandable. They have 20 + Muslims nations around them. So how exactly is Israel a threat to Iran? Iran is the one on Israels back; not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

That's possibly true depending on who does the translation...

Anyhoo take a look at Iran's Government controlled media PressTV site. Go ahead it's a hoot. Scroll down and count how many stories they have posted. It's obvious which middle eastern country they seem to be obsessed with

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by dontreally

That's possibly true depending on who does the translation...

Anyhoo take a look at Iran's Government controlled media PressTV site. Go ahead it's a hoot. Scroll down and count how many stories they have posted. It's obvious which middle eastern country they seem to be obsessed with

Thankyou. If that isnt a ridiculously manipulation of information i dont know what is. Its like these oafs who think living in Palestine is like living in a Nazi concentration camp. Their grocery stores are CONSTANTLY filled with food. Honestly. Their treatment is actually quite good considering the pressure the international community puts on Israel, and still, despite Israels bending their back, people still have the nerve to call them a Nazi state. It is actually incredibly offensive. No country respect international aid programs like Israel. Wheres the international condmenation of Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey(with the Kurds), China, compared to Israel. Its innordinate how much criticism and attention they get relative to these much worse human rights situations elsewhere.

People say palestine is cramped worse than any place on earth. No. Theyre actually 13th in the world in population density. More people live per capita in New Jersey, than in the Palestinian territories. The worst is Macau. Mumbai, New Delhi, Jakarta, Seoul etc have much much much worse population desnity than the Gaza strip. So the complaints made are simply ridiculous and invented - fantasies that only have reality when the message is repeated over and over again like it by the international community, the UN, red cross etc.
edit on 27-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well personally I feel that any man that believes he is specially blessed and designated by God and uses this belief as the general reason to do anything it wants is a threat, and even more so if it is an ideology of a party that runs an advanced political, economical, and militarized nation that is actively asserting its dominance as it pleases, committing war crime after war crime and who has been threatening to invade or bomb my nation. Yes, I would consider the Zionist regime a threat. I don't think you can morally justify illegal occupation by saying the nations around you are a threat to your own security, and that this certain land is supposed to be my land as was gifted by God millennia ago, and therefor you simply take it, especially when those nations considered a threat have changed socially and politically, where the perceived threat of them is developed not out of sincere ideological distaste and hatred for Israel and its people, but from the discrepancy for the precise organization of people that direct the course of Israeli policy, those being the Zionists, that abuse their religion just as much as any radical Islamist, but on a national scale.

Israel wants a pure Jewish state, and they are trying to achieve this as humanely as possible, by cordoning off Palestinians into isolated cities and villages and making normal life just as bureaucratic and hostile as it was for the Jews during the Nazi era in Eastern Europe, which does not make sense to do unless you are a bastard. If Palestinians require personal identification documents and Israeli government administered registry papers just to travel, just to prove who they are, why shouldn't the Israeli's? Palestinians are not even allowed to make use of the many new roads built by Israel that interconnect the illegal settlements. Why? Because radical Palestinians pose a threat to these new developments?

First off, the threat should not exist because the developments should not be there. Second, using force to forward a discriminatory and ignorant policy requires a force to push back, as there is no action without a reaction, and when you are using sophisticated lethal force to assert yourself, the opposing force will have to use something of equivalent in power. Basic rule of nature, the stronger force will dominate the weaker force unless the weaker force is persistent and has the capacity to strengthen over time. Why should Palestinians be subject to curfews? For security purposes? Why not set a curfew for Israeli citizens as well? Force Israelis to be secure if they are going to continuously place themselves in danger, just as if you are going to force Palestinians to be tame if they are constantly wreaking havoc. Prevention is the best cure, right? So force Israelis to take preventative measures for their own security. Seems logical to me if security and peace is what is desired. Hell, my own country the USA is doing it to me and so far I haven't fallen victim to deliberate attempts of terror, though the definition of domestic terror in regards to US policy could be pretty hypocritical. But that is a separate issue.

The only way Israel can justify their actions is by searching through the past and identifying in large all the acts of aggression taken upon it and saying 'now is my turn'. But wtf. The Romans died out 2000 years ago, get over it. There is no progress when you exist for the past, and that is what Zionists in Israel are practicing with their religious ideology as the foundation and source of motivation for their cause. Israel is a clear result of the consequences when Church and State are allowed to dominate politics. You cannot use myth as reason. Religion is myth, no matter what you say. You can believe in the myth or not, but truth of the fact is that you cannot defend ancient myth against the present reality. It's like taking a theory and never experimenting with it but saying anyways the results are conclusive and subject to our determination and you can't argue against this because we believe this to be, without any tangible reason as basis for anyone to refute our claim. The question is, where the hell did you derive the conclusion from in the first place? In your head is the answer, and to use your own conclusions and reasoning to decide myth is fact without evidence and make this the basis of your actions is completely maniacal. Use present reality and reason based off facts and that is at least intelligible and allows for a reasonable logical debate, where your soul is not the victim or benefactor of the potential persuasion from or for your current belief, but human material life is the sole reaper of the consequence, which is what government is supposed to promote and protect. It is the job of the individual to promote their own spirituality, which in itself is a surreal ideal. Without taking responsibility for reality, you are denying reality. This is the result of religious ideology in political policy, the consequences of which will always be contested with violence if the policy is forced upon those who don't have the same religious ideology as you, who have a different value for their soul as you, but have the same value for their bodies as you.

And violent rebellion is always the case whenever divinity and God is introduced to a completely human debate over right and wrong on an international or even domestic stage or even personal level. God is completely unreasonable when it comes to politics and governance. Just look at any depiction of heaven and hell. All serve one in heaven, and any hint of rebellion against this golden rule, and you are punished considerably harsh. It's the natural process of the universe, its a divine law. God is authoritarian, totalitarian, and as time will come to show, an undeniable dictator, as all doomsday prophecies claim that all who don't believe in the one true God will perish in flames and those who do will survive in eternal bliss, serving the Almight forever in and for his glory, but in bliss, don't forget bliss, you will love eternal service, you will... Using this sort of authoritative Godly symbol as your influence, and using this sort of influence to determine your action, results, if not immediately then over time, a behavior that is synonymous a with a dictatorial authoritative attitude where your reigning ideal must be the only ideal, because it is the only one that is right. This is magnified if your ideal is based on the belief that you are basically divine, wholly unique from the rest of humanity. It's spiritual slavery to this megalomanic ideology where you will become what you believe because you have to believe. Reminds me of the American Civil war and what it was partially fought for- equality for every man and woman on one side, or authority for whites over blacks on the other. Same thing goes for religious politics, otherwise you are a bad devotee.

All collective human attempts at governance will result in a totalitarian state, this is the natural evolution of government. Look at the US, look at the World! We're all headed towards a totalitarian oligarchical world government if we can't control our individual corporatist nations, and yes, we all live in corporatist nations, some more than others, but this the inevitable result of capitalism when it succeeds as it has in the western nations and is thriving now in the Asian and African nations. The only way you can control a corporate nation, is with a dictator. Some will say a nation devoured by corporatism is fascism which is essentially a dictatorship, but there is much difference between corporatism and and a dictatorship. One rules the other. Anways...

The rate at which this transformation from democracy to totalitarianism occurs can be manipulated according to how and by what means the state is governed initially and from then, whether you start with a religious republic or a democratic republic. A religious republic, such as in Israel, will always be biased and will always move in a specific direction in a predictable manner (especially when the initial policy of Israel has been to create a nation of one belief), until the majority is socially divided, like what is occurring in Iran, where the general population has developed a sense of social awareness and social responsibility rather than maintained a religious responsibility as their leaders struggle to project, resulting in a people wanting a less Islamically inclined state and a more socially representative state, a democratic republic that caters to the needs of a present realistic society rather than an idealistic religious society, though with Iran this change is caught in a quagmire due to the religiously challenged oligarchical structure of the government- a pseudo-democracy they have, which I think is similar to the USA, except that devotion to religious ideals which brings spiritual development takes the place of devotion to ideals which bring material profit when it comes to the functioning of Iranian Government.

A democratic republic facilitates deviation of the nation at capricious rates as it changes with the real present factors that are a conflict to the society as a whole. Both a democratic and religious republic have the possibility of varying course, but when the large majority of the populace has one religious or ideological belief, and your basing your national policies off of this belief already and have been since the inception of the state, well its like the proverbial two wolf and a sheep deciding what to eat. You are subversively inclined to go in one direction, though there may be a few detours here and there.

I believe this is the eventual scenario for all governance on earth, but occurs even more rapidly when religion is intermingled in political policies. Don't make the mistake of using the USA or any other current democracy as an example when I refer to democratic republic. All if not most current democratic republics are corporate democracies, as these democratic nations have thrived only due to capitalism and their current policies policies remain dedicated to the success of the corporations that practice capitalism, making the current democracies just as politically singular in their direction as a religious republic is. They just have different Gods.

What Israel needs, and many other nations as well, is a policy based on a social ideology, something everyone can believe in, not a policy based on a religious ideology in which only certain people can even be ALLOWED to accept or have the capacity to accept. For example, Zionism's core motivation is the expansion of the Jewish state, something all Israelis, if they are good Jews, should believe in and should support-IF they are good Jews. This directly contradicts every other ideology in the world. Doubtless the education system and political propaganda in Israel floods this belief into the younger Israelis, just the same way our education system and media propaganda flood our children with the feeling of self-righteousness and immunity to all evils; just like any other nation would want to teach their children to love their nation and what it stands for with their whole mind, body, and soul! This indoctrination process is probably the reason why the Zionists are still in power in Israel- they push the Zionist version of nationalism onto the kids while they are growing so that the actions of the current government are seen as righteous and the future government will be elected to continue the same righteous policies. No different from America, Russia, China... Patriotism, nationalism, Zionism, Capitalism, imperialism, totalitarianism...the goals and results are always the same- self righteousness and self justification expressed through a single or small group of leaders who represent the ideology itself, AKA the government officials who doubtless believe in the ideals as well, so would do what is (or isn't) in their power to make sure all in their nation (and eventually beyond) believe in this as well. Examples are Communism and Russia, Democracy and the USA, Islam and the Jihadists....

Religion and spirituality just doesn't work in democracies, nor does capitalism, and the Jewish religion is the influence for Zionism, the ruling political ideology in Israel, just as Islam is in places like Syria and Iran. When you have two highly sentimental and personal beliefs such as these directing the course of the nations, you will have problems, guaranteed, because the argument is not for the people any longer, it is about divinity and God, something beyond reality and material. You begin to fight for what is not there, which makes no sense. Two entities that have two separate conclusions about something eternally inconclusive fighting over whose conclusion has the right to determine every other earthly conclusion...once again, that is maniacal. Conclusions need to be drawn from material facts, because we live in a conclusive material world, where one is one and two is two, no more, no less. Iranian government influenced by Islam and Israeli government influenced by Zionism, both are on the same path politically and nationally because they both are fighting in the name of nothing essentially. A bit of realism needs to be intravenously injected into these governments so that there can be conclusion based on what is real and material. You'd see a much more peaceful middle-east if the nations that existed there adopted a bit of materialism into their politics. You'd see a much more peaceful world if the materialistic world had control over itself, but it doesn't. It's just another vicious cycle.

I forgot what I was responding to now lol.

new topics

top topics

join