It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery blast (just west of Atlanta, GA) likely a sonic boom, official says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
With all these booms reported all over the US. Makes you wonder what the military is up to? If it even is the military...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
last night...nov26th around 10:30pm, i heard 3 booms...the last one was when i was out my front door...it was strange because it didn't sound loud...but at the same time it sounded...uhmm...massive is the only word i can think of. i live in the central valley of california.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Did anyone else report those booms?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by noahproductions

Actually, it probably could stay 'flying' indefinitely. If the Aurora is anything like it sounds, it certainly has spaceflight capability. It probably breaks the speed of sound and goes hypersonic using scramjet technology to reach into low earth orbit and can stay there for some time. It would descend over the target area to take pictures beneath any clouds. But you can bet the Aurora can be used for more than taking pictures. It's more than likely armed with at least electronic capabilities with at least laser and EMP type weapons so any needed electronic damage could be caused, which is all that is needed in this high tech world to defeat an enemy. Those types of weapons also could be used with plausible deniability, unlike more conventional weapons.

Given all the triangular/Aurora sightings, there is obviously a fleet of them probably distributed around the US. It sure sounds to me like someone is really getting ready to used them. And whoever it is, no longer seems to care too much about operational security anymore.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The U.S Airforce as we all know is always ahead in latest war
------------
hubpages.com...

i hella like fairy tales from moronic herd(pentagon, cia, nasa, lm..)
they themself have believed all that crap

some good accords for those morons of Area 51, secret Lunar Bases & other holiestly-realistic place:

..And all the things that I believed were true
Were never roots to anything but lies
To demons in disguise
And all the roads that I've been strolling down
Now I've found they all seem to be marooned
So profoundly doomed..

music band: Sirenia.
song: Seventh Summer.
-------

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm in the Atlanta area as well, and heard about this last night(friday), when logging on here. I had originally posted in the "NC boom" thread, as at the time, I hadnt found a thread about the villa rica boom, nor did i know how to create a thread.

but tonite, @ about 45min ago, i went to take my dog out, and heard what sounded like a jet engine at wide open throttle, over Stone Mountain village. which is odd because the sky here is clear, and little to any traffic was seen overhead that would have been consistent with a jets afterburners, and aside from Hartsfield-Jackson / peachtree-dekalb airport, no other airfields are close enough to hear such loud/low rumblings.
edit on 27-11-2010 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I was a F-16 Crew-Chief in the Air Force and I can absolutely tell you that whatever made the sound was not a military airplane! They take this stuff very serious; even over "wide open" areas like White Sands New Mexico. I sat in a meeting with the Secretary of the Air Force and many High Brass/ High Enlisted men trying to get approval to ply super sonic over White Sands. The Secretary of the Air Force was worried about some endangered animal in White Sands! With all that said, I can unequivocally say that it was not a military plane. Heck, they can not go above 80% throttle when taking off after 10:00 pm because of local noise ordinances!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

As mentioned before, I was a F-16 Crew-Chief. The rumblings from any large aircraft engine will last longer or be heard longer when it is cold outside. I could hear my birrd for 10 minutes after take-off when it was 10 degrees outside. The air particles are closer together and the sound travels further. Trust me on this one!
edit on 11/28/2010 by NoSoup4U because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Just popping in to say that whatever this was, it must have been fairly localized as I heard nothing in Henry County (Just SE of ATL).

~Heff

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has a follow through on the boom that was heard in Georgia. They still do not have an answer. This is my favorite part of the article:

But there is a problem with that theory, too.

A sonic boom is a large shock wave created by an aircraft that exceeds the speed of sound, about 761 mph. Since the retirement of the supersonic Concord, no civilian aircraft has been capable of reaching that speed, said Kathleen Bergen, a spokeswoman for the Federal Aviation Administration.

"Only military planes make sonic booms," she told the AJC Saturday afternoon.

Bergen checked with radar installations in the area at the request of the AJC and confirmed that there were no logs of military flights around the time of the boom Friday night. And there shouldn't have been, anyway.

Military planes are only supposed to fly fast in designated zones, Bergen said, and there are none in that part of Georgia.

Read more...

Sheesh Louise, this could get very interesting. If the Military reverses and admits it was one of their planes, shouldn't there be charges against whoever approved a flight path over a no-fly zone?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

Yes, I read this article as well. As long as there wasn't any damage, I doubt that the "officials" will do any more investigating. With that being said, I'm going to take a look and see if I can find anything more about this blast.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

I do not believe it was a sonic-boom either. It could have been a meteorite, but I'm sure someone somewhere would have witnessed it.

<< 1   >>

join