It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GUINEA PIGS - FINE PERUVIAN CUISINE.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If you love animals, you'll hate this video.

www.youtube.com...

I'm sorry, I tasted them when I was there and they are good.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Looks tasty!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
shortly after the epic failure of g-force the movie the stars began to disappear this is E! true Hollywood story G-force

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I was kinda ok with watching, until the guy picked up the living guinea pig and started playing with it towards the end. DON'T PLAY WITH YOUR FOOD, EAT IT.

it did look good though, I want some now.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Because we dont' get enough beef or pig in our diet.. we should just east everything we can.

Who's up for some homeless person?

Hey... what are you worried about, it's homeless, no one cares about it.. And I bet they are tender as hell, like those cows the japanese feed beer to every day.

yeah? Yeah?? NO?

Bah... maybe eat some rich kids then... we dont really care about the paris hiltons of the world.. mind you, have tobe very careful how to eat her. like fugu you have to cut the nasty bits out.

Anyone saying it's ok to eat random anythings, but refusing to accept human, is a hypocrite.

edit on 26/11/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

To give an idea it taste like something between rabbit and pork, the skin is crunchy and the meat is tender. When I ordered, I told the waiter to please don't put the head on the dish. so I didn't have to look at him (I felt less guilty I guess).

Best is get some strong red wine with your "cuy" (that's how they call it).
edit on 26-11-2010 by Trueman because: fix text

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I dont' know who youre' tryin to fool, bub, but if they eats those stupid animals then there crazier than I thought

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
If you love animals, you'll hate this video.

www.youtube.com...

I'm sorry, I tasted them when I was there and they are good.

Hey Trueman!
Yes I had some cuy a few years ago in a restaurant up at about 15,000ft in the Andes where I was working on a mine hoist. The town was Huancao.
They were cooked on a rotary bbq spit built into the wall of the restaurant. They looked like rabbits. No heads or such.
Very tasty.

I did not know what it was until after I ate the first one. But had more after knowing non-the-less!
Also had some punchamunca (sp?). It is a big type of corn.
The kernels are about 3/4 inch or so across and cooked in a pit in the ground along the Andean roads.

S&F

Take care and don't eat the live monkey brains in China. I did in Tianjin. Not recommended.

73's,
Tom

ETA: I did, as a child, have a pet guinea pig named Fluffy. May he rest in peace!
t.

edit on 26-11-2010 by tomdham because: RIP Fluffy

edit on 26-11-2010 by tomdham because: because I made a spelling error, sorry

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

Thanks. Well, I like exotic foods once in a while and living in southamerica was such a great opportunity. I was working in mines overthere too (Cuajone).

Anyway, you got the gold medal with the monkey brain.

I guess survival food is not an issue for us.

new topics

top topics

join