It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Non-existant Barter System, and how the Fed brainwashes Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So I was looking through the New York Federal Reserve's website the other day, and I found something/realized something that explains a lot. I regularly check up on what the board of governor's are up to, and I realized I hadn't checked the New york fed's site, which is where all transactions go through. What I found was a teacher's guide for elementary students about what to teach their students. They tell all American kids that the barter system preceded our current money system, and then they explain how complicated the barter system is. However, we never used the barter system in America. We used gold and silver. Heck, even ancient rome had gold and silver coins. The barter system probably hasn't occured for more than 5000 years, if it ever did(Of course people occasionally barter, but there was always a currency too). That's why most Americans don't realize how worthless our current money system is. They blatantly lie to our children to brainwash them into accepting our fiat money. Once I read this document I remembered that I was taught about the barter system when I was in elementary school. I even remember the play that they use in the document. The creators of the federal reserve said that through education they could convince Americans that this is the right money system.
Here's the document so you can see for yourself how they brainwash our children:
how they brainwash us

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
please read and flag. I guess I posted this at a bad time of the day..the time most americans are eating thanksgiving dinner. We eat early here.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Too full of turkey and football to post anything clever. Nice post though so I'll at least give you a bump and S&F. Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
No doubt that what you say is right on, however, be advised that the good ol' barter system is still going strong. Ask any farmer, contractor, service person,... heck, any business man. we trade work and stuff back and forth all the time. I even used to work at a feed and seed store about 15 years ago and traded work for hay and feed.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I do mention how people still barter...It's just very few society's (Wikipedia says none) have ever had an economy based primarily on barter. history of money

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I made a blog about this...It goes into more detail than what I have here. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Feel free to share it with everyone you know, and we can expose the Federal Reserve so fast that they won't know what to do. I hope they don't assassinate me
The Great Barter System Lie
edit on 26-11-2010 by Ghost374 because: forgot the link...im tired

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
you can share the site with facebook, twitter, digg, or email from the blog.
It will show up on google, bing and yahoo soon..just gotta register it, so you can tell people to google " the Great barter system lie" too

edit on 26-11-2010 by Ghost374 because: search engine addition

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I just traded work on a Ford F250 diesel truck for a 1988 Ford Ranger truck.

Now i just have to fix some problems with the emissions system to get it smog checked.
24 mpg city 28 highway is not bad. (i am a disabled mine and heavy equipment mechanic.)

The barter system is alive and well among us on disability that have time to work on things at our own pace.
or things to trade for work/money

I also buy things at thrift stores (buy for $5 sell for $10) and resell at swap meets and buy computers parts or older but still working computers and sell or trade to others that can not afford new computers. And fix computers for people.

You would be surprised at how many good lawn mowers and weed eaters get donated to thrift stores.
Clean out the fuel system and most work perfect. People buy them and leave fuel in them over the winter and when they don't work in the spring they buy a new one and donate the old one with maybe 6 to 8 hours on it.

When i get some money built up(and get the truck running to haul with) i plan to start buying abandoned property from storage units and resell it at swap meets.

A friend cleans out foreclosed homes and his wife resells the furniture and other items over the Internet and at swap meets
the banks pays him near minimum wage to clean out the homes and he makes more from selling the stuff he gets from the homes then he does from the banks. (and the tax collector never finds out about the extra money)

Me i can work on something for a 1/2 hour then go in and set down for a hour and then i can work on it again. No company would ever hire me but a can work at my own speed and get a little done every day.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

What's your point? I never said barter isn't real..I said the barter system that the Federal Reserve claims to have existed didn't. How many times did you use the word money while talking about your bartering? There hasn't been a system based off of just barter. The federal reserve took a real idea and manipulated it. All propaganda has to be based off of a little bit of fact, that's how propaganda works, Aldous Huxley explains that in "A Brave New World revisited."

edit on 26-11-2010 by Ghost374 because: changed states to explains

edit on 26-11-2010 by Ghost374 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I do a better job of explaining this in the blog.

top topics

join