It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Linking Site Raided By Dept. of Homeland Security / ICE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Music Linking Site Raided By Dept. of Homeland Security / ICE

torrentfreak.com

A large file-sharing link site dedicated to rap and hiphop music and news has been raided by the Department of Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The servers of RapGodFathers, a site with close to 150,000 members, were seized and moves put in place to take over its domain name.

Following raids earlier in the year which took out several sites and domain names connected to the streaming of Hollywood movies, we can now report fresh Department of Homeland Security / Immigr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
For a website that mostly was known for hosting mixtapes not albums this one was very odd. Mixtapes are made for free by artists, if you buy one you aren't paying for the music you are paying for the CD Cover Art.

And the DHS?
What does homeland security, I mean actual homeland security not the dept. of., have to do with mixtapes?

This is an odd one

torrentfreak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

how abouts ICE? did the servers belong to illegal aliens?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well you know it's so hard to find an actual real terrorist these days, one has to do something to look busy.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Well you know it's so hard to find an actual real terrorist these days, one has to do something to look busy.

Hilarious and probably right on the nose.
Seriously thought, DHS and ICE raiding a music pirating site? What the hell?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by delicatessen

how abouts ICE? did the servers belong to illegal aliens?

Nothing to do with me mate. Honest.

But seriously, with so many rap artists releasing anti NWO material, maybe they're trying to shut them up or something.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Illegal Alien because: add a roll

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Maybe they don't like rappers cause they grab their crotches without a TSA badge.

If the message wasn’t clear previously, it should be by now. File-sharing link sites that remain in the United States or have their domains registered there should be prepared for trouble, even if they believe they are DMCA compliant.

So ddl sites are now under the purview of the DHS?

edit on 25 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
as of 3:09 CST on Thursday 11/25, the link in the OP was offline with a server error. I checked google and there are no other outlets mentioning this. Seems that this was rather quickly squelched... If this is genuinely a silenced article and not just a glitch on the part of the article's host, then this is a story that should be logged for even deeper review, IMO.

ETA:

HMM.. I definately smell a rat here.. The site came up again.. probably flooded by visitors.

here is the warrent.. for safe keeping.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c48f01a2c72d.gif[/atsimg]

Given that in April 2009, Core IP was shut down by the FBI apparently because of the DMCA and fraud violations of one of the customers.. it seems VERY unusual that the DHS/ICE would be involved in this and not the FBI.

sites.google.com...
digitalinquest.com...

Perhaps there was a stash of WikiLeaks documents stored there?
edit on 11-25-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust
Click here:
www.onsmash.com...

This was another hip hop site but mostly it was sharing street videos and album music videos but some mixtapes too

Second site seized by DHS/ICE today
What's going on???????

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Can any give a good reason why DHS would raid a file sharing site?
I can't help but thing this just sounds more like big bunsess taking over the government.
I did not get a good look at the warrant but does it say what they are looking for on it?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Ok, this pretty much convinces me that this has to do with more than file sharing. They got a tip and are looking for something.

Given the timing.. Thanksgiving.. This won't be on the news. It is the perfect time to run an op like this without getting a lot of press for it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Ok so that's what happened, fine. However I don't see how looking for something would include taking charge of the domain name. I agree there has got to be something bigger behind it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well, I'm all in favor of ANYTHING that tries to shut down rap music....

But seriously- maybe they got a tip it was laundering/providing money for terrorists?
That's really the only reason I can think of off the top of my head....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Well, I have not heard anything.. purely speculation on my part. Still, if they wanted to have the cover story of "DMCA violations" they would have to shut down the site as per the standard process.

Apparently, this is more common than it seems..

www.myce.com...

For some reason ICE is now in charge of investigating IPR cases:

www.ice.gov...

and ICE was absorbed into DHS in 2003 www.ice.gov...

That department of the government is becoming a real monster.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The word "octopus" comes to mind......

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I fear you may be right when you said the government is becoming a real monster, unfortunately.
I can't help but think of the internment centers that DHS is building and the movie Vendetta.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
as of 3:09 CST on Thursday 11/25, the link in the OP was offline with a server error. I checked google and there are no other outlets mentioning this. Seems that this was rather quickly squelched... If this is genuinely a silenced article and not just a glitch on the part of the article's host, then this is a story that should be logged for even deeper review, IMO.

ETA:

HMM.. I definately smell a rat here.. The site came up again.. probably flooded by visitors.

here is the warrent.. for safe keeping.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c48f01a2c72d.gif[/atsimg]

Given that in April 2009, Core IP was shut down by the FBI apparently because of the DMCA and fraud violations of one of the customers.. it seems VERY unusual that the DHS/ICE would be involved in this and not the FBI.

sites.google.com...
digitalinquest.com...

Perhaps there was a stash of WikiLeaks documents stored there?

Officer Reynolds, as in Reynolds wrap, aluminum foil, tin foil, I dont know, just felt like it was a fake name and if they are creating a new hitlist against Americans, also as in thats a wrap...

If I am not making sense refer to Schroedingersdogs' reply because that was my first thought too...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Can any give a good reason why DHS would raid a file sharing site?

cuz the scum we call our government
thinks everybody is a terrorist.

DHS = NWO Gestapo

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
The word "octopus" comes to mind......

Yeah.. so what happens when DHS infiltrates all aspects of the government and then forces a silent coup? This agency has zero accountability and zero checks on its power.

reply to post by antar

heh.. Reynolds "rap" and theya re targetting rap sites. Nice catch.. very funny.

Originally posted by RedGolem

I fear you may be right when you said the government is becoming a real monster, unfortunately.
I can't help but think of the internment centers that DHS is building and the movie Vendetta.

and probably not too long before people start getting "black bagged".
edit on 11-25-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The government was actually doing them a favor. They were trying to give the rap artists more credibility by making their songs more realistic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join