It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sphinx Chamber (A letter BY Zahi Hawass)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I recently had to opportunity to go to Egypt (which was fantastic). I found an amazing article in the in-flight magazine on Egypt Air - I grabbed a copy to share with you guys.

I’ve scanned the open letter that Zahi Hawass wrote to the magazine about his Sphinx experience.

Cover
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3

Enjoy.

edit on 25/11/2010 by twodee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I love how he fails to mention the chamber they discovered under the Sphinx which was made known to the public in 2002 I think, which was shown on TV...The 'Tomb of Osiris"...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11/25/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My friend,

I dont like him much.

He doesn't tell much truth.

He may very well be controlled in what he preaches.

Yea, he lies alot.

Great article all the same

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to scan and share that with us. Whether or not the guy is a politician of propaganda, it's still a nice little article. I have no opinion on the age of the sphinx because... I just don't know!

Does anybody know where the image on the cover comes from? I really want to find what this references -- is this from some existing artifact/site, or was it just some kind of artwork?

RC

edit on 25-11-2010 by RedCairo because: added link to image

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedCairo
Does anybody know where the image on the cover comes from? I really want to find what this references -- is this from some existing artifact/site, or was it just some kind of artwork?

That's the Dendera Zodiac.

The Egyptians didn't have a zodiac. The one in the pic (and at Dendera, of course) came to Egypt when the Greeks took over - under the Ptolemies.

Funny that the mag used a Greek zodiac to illustrate a story bragging about how Egypt supposedly came up with the first known calendar! LOL

Harte

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

what is he lying about?
can you tell me what he preaches?

I swear he was an archeologist

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by platipus
what is he lying about?

He lies about not telling the " Whole " truth regarding his work in Egypt.

can you tell me what he preaches?

He preaches what we know today in mainstream archeology, ya know, that stuff that we are led to believe. Indeed, he tells us alot BUT, keeps alot of truths to himself. Graham Hancock, for example, provides more truth. Which then makes one wonder why Mr Egypt is keeping alot to himself

I swear he was an archeologist

I swear he is a liar working for the mainstream

Be safe be well

Spiro
edit on 26-11-2010 by Spiro because: fix tags

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hawass is the head archaeologist for the entire country of Egypt. He didn;t get to his position by casting astrology charts, He's a political survivor constantly in the hot seat. Tourism involving the pyramids, etc. is THE economy in Egypt. They have a vested interest to keep things as calm as possible, including protecting tourists from extremists. Egypt places armed guards on all tour busses and houses tourists in hotels with a secure perimeter. I was just there a few days ago. I toured the sphinx, the Great Pyramid, and was all over the Siani. Awesome place,

Hawass has a role to play and he has little patience for the woo-woo crowd. He's a mainstream archaeologist who goes by the established paradigms. If he started talking about UFOs he would be out of his job in a heartbeat. I see no compelling evidence that Hawass has "lied." All you've done is read a few books that claim so, so you've taken that position. I might suggest that if you actually made the effort to study Egyptology with some academic rigir you would fine that mainstream Egyptology has quite a lot of evidence on which to base its claims where the fringe elements have little but speculation..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
My friend,

reply to post by schuyler

To whom are you replying?

Be safe be well

Spiro

new topics

top topics

join