It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

N.Korea warns of new attacks, S.Korea to boost rules of engagement

page: 1
17
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

N.Korea warns of new attacks, S.Korea to boost rules of engagement


us.cnn.com

North Korea will launch additional attacks on South Korea if it continues "reckless military provocation,"North Korean media said Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.freerepublic.com




posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is not looking good over here right now,and it looks like all hell is going to break loose before long.I sure hope not,we have the George Washington on the way to the Yellow Sea,back in July a Chinese general said "A US carrier would become a living target"if it entered the Yellow Sea.Also today North Korea has refused to have high level talks.I hope this settles down before allot of innocent lives are lost!!







us.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
N.Korea rejects talks with UN command on artillery attack

here is the link

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...
edit on 24-11-2010 by PatriotsPride because: i left out the link and had an in complete sentence



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I was really hoping that this would cool down. Its a little too tense. This will only lead to horrible places if the DPRK attacks once more. In this day and age, you never want nuclear capable nations fighting a war against equals or superiors. It might get messy. I still believe in a 70% chance of this cooling down with further peace talks, negotiations, and allocation of aid to the DPRK. It's that 30% chance of violence that frightens me.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
U.S. military is provoking China right now...doesn't look good either...A living target? Ishhhh

I hope these childish wars would stop!



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
And there's this too:

US-S.Korea war games planned as attack toll rises

I'd been thinking about posting it but more simple to add it here.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I was hoping it would cool down, too. This makes me nervous. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. The statement by China is unnerving to me, I imagine our ship with a target on it.
The drills are scheduled for Sunday I know, but when are the US ships/aircraft whatever it is supposed to actually get there? I'm not very informed on this, as you can see. Is there not better places they can do these drills away from the DMZ line?



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Oh they know that carrier is going to get attacked.

TPTB are just itching to get us involved in another war.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
N Korea is dangerous simply because they are hungry and paranoid. And their best friend (China) doesn't really give a damn about them.

The global economic situation is only going to make them more hungry. And more desperate.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This is what I will never understand. If there is opposition to where the war games are going to take place why can't they just move them? Go down to the East China Sea.
This makes me think they are trying to provoke them.
What if Mexico started having war games with Cuba in the Gulf of Mexico? You don't think the U.S. would be like "whoa, hold on a minute"?



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You know how much worries that people have regarding to NK, but here's picture of Asia in night.

What are we worrying about? NK is still a stone age civilization. Ah, the America's mastermind planning behind of NK/SK skirmish is targeting or provocation China?

It's interesting that China's general has threat America for enter Yellow Sea in June 7, 2010. Now, we know USS G.W. aircraft carrier is coming or arrived at Korea peninsula, but where will they park and exercise their military training with SK?



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You beat me to posting this.
It really seems to me like the USA is asking for a war.
Why send a carrier group into disputed waters to train with SK?

WW3 by end of November?
Happy Thanksgiving indeed.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Attack a few NK ships and bases but not to the point that it is a true invasion. A few skirmishes. NK can't afford to have a real war. Their actions have shown that. A bombing here and there but not enough to provoke a real war, this is something South Korea should be doing if they want NK to stop their attacks.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If we do the drills anywhere near the general area that they said not to, it seems to me like we are wanting to provoke this. The fact that SK even was practicing near that line seems reckless. Is there something I'm missing here? Are there like limited options as to where to hold these drills?



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheTruth
 


Yea I thought WW3 but I really hope not. What scares me about N. Korea is whether or not they have the capabilities of an Electro Magnetic Pulse strike. How do we know what they have? One nuclear bomb in the upper atmosphere and no one is even killed at first.
Well not until the power outages causes a lack of: medicine, law enforcement, medical care, food, and clean water. A congressional hearing estimated 90 percent of Americans would perish with in one year of an EMP strike.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ
 


I think your are right in your assumption,it does look like a war is being provoked.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ
 



The heck with that, they can practice all they want as long as it doesn't hit the NK territory, but then NK doesn't recognize it.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive
 


That is a scary thought,they do have nukes and ICBMs,so I don't think it would be out of their capability to do an EMP strike..



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy
 


I'm not saying we or SK don't have the right to be there. I'm saying that if we want to avoid this escalating, we might want to reconsider moving some ways away, no?



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ
 


I doubt that would even help, since all of South Korea was suppose to be part of North Korea. So any firing anywhere is considered a provocation by NK since all of South Korea is their territory in their minds.




top topics



 
17
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join