It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen falls to death after stowing-away in the wheel of a commercial airliner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Teen falls to death after stowing-away in the wheel of a commercial airliner

www.wsoctv.com

Massachusetts investigators are looking into the possibility that Tisdale stowed away in the wheel well of a plane and fell out as the aircraft approached Logan International Airport in Boston.

An airport spokesman confirmed to Eyewitness News that several flights from Charlotte flew over the suburban area where Tisdale's body was discovered. He said, based on the time line, detectives are focusing their investigation on two of the flights from that night.

No one at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport has said how Tisdale might have gained access to the wheel well of an airliner. RO
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This is a local story in my area that I haven't seen any coverage about on the national media. Odd though that with some of the most intrusive TSA searches going on in airports nationwide, a teen can somehow gain access to the tarmac of an international airport, climb into the wheel-well of a commercial airliner, and then fly away undetected.

Why is it that we have security at airports. Is it for us only and not for the planes?

www.wsoctv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It wouldnt be that hard to get onto the tarmac at night.Most of these stowaways freeze,suffocate or are crushed and then fall out when the gear is lowered,I dont know why they just dont take a train,do they have deadlines to meet?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Why is it that we have security at airports. Is it for us only and not for the planes?

I think the security is mainly so people don't hijack the aircraft and use them as weapons.

It's impossible to hijack a jet from within the wheel well.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
you could place a bomb though.
so many people were laid off from the airlines. some disgruntled ex-employee could place a bomb.
im kind of just messin around there.

honestly if the security is so poor at night a teenager can stow away at night, than what is the point of all the other regulations

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OctopusGarden

i thought bomb theory as well... I didn't know that this went on.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

This is a local story in my area that I haven't seen any coverage about on the national media. Odd though that with some of the most intrusive TSA searches going on in airports nationwide, a teen can somehow gain access to the tarmac of an international airport, climb into the wheel-well of a commercial airliner, and then fly away undetected.
Excellent point. The teenager was, of course, larger than an effective sized bomb.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I have to give this person a Darwin Award.

I understand there is most likely a family out there grieving because of this, but really? I try my hardest to feel sorry for people, but some just make it impossible.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
MSM won't pick it up unless someone somewhere whistpers the word "terrorist".
MSM is weird about stuff like that.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

It's not impossible to put a bomb on though and then later detonate with a cell phone or a detonating device at close proximity while the airplane is in flight..

They should probably get better security on the outside..
edit on 24-11-2010 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Haven't you seen die hard? There is a secret passage from the wheel of the plane to the cargo area. From there you can take the really tiny elevator to the flight attendant area of the plane.

Okay I don't know if that is real or not but every movie that deals with getting on a plane real sneaky like has that in the plot somewhere.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
yes, the security is so people don't hijack the planes..thats why they were searching the pilots...

who also carry gunz

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OctopusGarden
you could place a bomb though.
so many people were laid off from the airlines. some disgruntled ex-employee could place a bomb.
im kind of just messin around there.

honestly if the security is so poor at night a teenager can stow away at night, than what is the point of all the other regulations

i'm reporting you to the fbi.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OctopusGarden

This is the crux. Yes it's a darwin award, but we're supposedly dealing with suicide bombers? Why bother with backscatter? Go to plane, get in, wait. The moment the wheels start to retract, well that's high enough ...

This story is deep on many levels, thanks to the OP for sharing.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
They let anyone who wants to ride in the wheel well ride there as long as they've accepted the proper AIT screening first. Thought the body scanner prevented this teen from blowing up the plane, they could not prevent his falling to his doom.

edit on 25-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I doubt we lost a cancer cure.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
See this is obviously natural selection at work...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I hope he knew God

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Reminds me of this video i saw a while back, possibly on ATS, cant remember of these people in this little town in pennsylvania or delaware who saw a man fall from the sky into a wooded area and called the police. before the police came a black helicopter was searching for him. black ops stuff. maybe the "stow away" excuse is just bs.

top topics

join