It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consistency in thread control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have noticed a rather strange way of enforcing control of duplicate threads on ATS. Take, for example, the US Political madness forum - we have damned near a whole page full of threads talking about the TSA and whose genitalia just got fondled. I also recall multiple threads about other issues - the contrail off of California, as another example.

These threads run rampant. Granted, for such popular issues, having a couple different threads is probably not all that bad of an idea, because highly active threads lose a sense of cohesion after they add ten pages of discussion in as many minutes.

It does, however, puzzle me when the only thread in the U.S. Political Madness thread regarding the North Korea issue is closed. True - it's not directly an American problem, and there are other threads about it in the news section... but by that criteria, we should also shut down most of those TSA threads that are cropping up like weeds, the Arizona legislation threads, etc.

I will admit the provocation for this was a rather specific issue - but it is a trend I have noticed.

I'm just kind of curious as to what qualifies as a duplicate thread. I realize admin/mod enforcement is not going to be machine-driven uniformity - but there seems to be a sizable discrepancy, in this case and in the past.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I'm just kind of curious as to what qualifies as a duplicate thread. I realize admin/mod enforcement is not going to be machine-driven uniformity - but there seems to be a sizable discrepancy, in this case and in the past.

Good question..I guess its when an event is looked at from a different angle, it creates a different story/theme of the event..
It's a pity they can't merge threads and share flags

I think though that Mods would basically vote on certain aspects of moderation applied, so you will not always get an outcome that please everyone, not even all mods will get their way..
It's democracy at work, I'd hope,,

join