It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "The Venus project" the way of the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ive been doing a little web surfing as id do and a few freinds of mine directed me to this website which depics a possible solutoin for future mankind, anyways ill give you all the link and let you all decide. Its one of those things that just seem the perfect solution for me but ill let you guys discuss it anyway

www.thevenusproject.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In my opinion, let it all burn in the Promethian fire from whence it all came. I'd live happy with minimal technology, and farming and working with the land for the rest of my life.. like any natural creature in its natural habitat would do. Progression is within, not this transhumanist kafooey.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Otherwise known as "United Federation of Planets"

Seriously. Thats where this comes from.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
if we can go beyond the wars of the silliest things we can be there.

seems like some people are pushing humanity at the edge faster than before

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

Very true. but a damn fun idea for the future nevertheless

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'd say it has some interesting ideas. I like the idea of starting again with cities. Keep beautiful heritage but start again with the hubs; cheaper, more efficient and better in the long run. I also like the idea of having an economic system based on something tangible. Generally most of the eco stuff I really like but then that is not specific to the Venus Project and the VP is not necessary for that to be initiated.

I also don't feel it has all the answers for the near future and I guess, much like most political ideologies, is difficult to implement successfully without the 100% support and understanding of the citizens... and theres a whole spectrum of people out there. To be honest, I don't see it happening without a catastrophic collapse of society and a lot less people but if that happens, at least the idea is floating round in our heads so I'll give it that.

So yea, interesting to ponder but fairly idiological as a whole.

peas!

new topics

top topics

join