It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outcry After Indonesian Maid Suffers Violent Abuse In Saudi Arabia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Outcry After Indonesian Maid Suffers Violent Abuse In Saudi Arabia

www.allhe adlinenews.com

Jakarta, Indonesia (AHN) - A 23-year-old Indonesian maid is being treated in a hospital in Saudi Arabia after her employers cut off part of her lips, burned her body with a hot iron, fractured her finger and beat her legs to the point that she could hardly walk.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
As if this news is not shocking enough, it was only days ago that I read the following:

JAKARTA, Indonesia -- Indonesia demanded an investigation Friday into reports that a domestic worker was allegedly killed by her employer in Saudi Arabia and thrown into dumpster - the second case of maid abuse to emerge this week.

Indonesian Minister of Labor Muhaimin Iskandar said an embassy team was dispatched to the Saudi town of Abha to look into allegations the 36-year-old maid, Kikim Komalasari, had been killed by her bosses.

Her neck was slashed and she had severe cuts to the rest of her body, he said.

Earlier this week, New York-based group Human Rights Watch urged Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Kuwait to do more to protect domestic workers in their countries, saying a string of allegations point to a "broader pattern of abuse."

They were responding to reports that a Sri Lankan maid working in Jordan had been forced to swallow nails. Another maid employed in Kuwait claimed her employer drove nails into her body. source

And no, these cases are not exceptions. Rape, murder, abuse, you name it - Saudi Arabia's got it. This is one sick country. Main export product: terrorism. Laws: sick. Human rights: none.

And this is supposed to be an ally of the West right? Talking about double standards. This makes me totally furious and sick and yes, the Saudi government is responsible for allowing this to happen on a large scale.

www.allhe adlinenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is really horrible.
I did a google search on her and found pictures.
Medina Sumiati in Hospital (Pics)
edit on 24-11-2010 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Working condition are pretty # in Saudi Arabia. Recently a friend of mine went to S.A after signing a 3yr contract in hope for good pay. Spoke to him like 2 weeks ago he is being made to work 18hrs a day. Due to the frigging contract now he cant even return (good though as im trying for his girl). S.A is not good for career opportunities.

new topics

top topics

join