It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Mobile Terrorist Screening Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Columbus, OH—Battelle will provide test and evaluation services to the TSA under a five-year, multiple award contract with a $350 million ceiling.As part of the contract Battelle will bid on task orders to provide test and evaluation services to the TSA on security equipment in government testing facilities and when it is installed at airports around the country. Battelle has supported the test and evaluation of security equipment used to protect the national transportation infrastructure since 1997.

Linkwww.battelle.org...

They go on to say.

“We’re gratified the TSA has selected us to continue this important work supporting their mission of protecting the American traveling public,” said Neal Owens, Vice President and Manager of Battelle’s Energetic Systems and Security Technology group.

Found this on GLP
So what do you think

To me this looks like NASI check points your way comes.
Did not see this posted if is please ignore.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

This is getting scarier by the day. I am beginning to think that maybe I am not so paranoid. It begs that question that since 9/11, and the constantly increasing security measure that have been going into place, what is the overall motive of the heightened security? Afterall, there has not been another event as big as that one in almost 10 years. There is really no grounds other than control to constantly increase security.

Just to leave you with a quote from Ben Franklin: "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You can't see or hear me, but I'm breathing heavily into a paper bag to keep from hyper ventilating from my OUTRAGE!!
Moreover the fact that I'm so damned focused that I can do this while typing with two hands shows just how dangerous of a "terrorist" I really am!

Oh yeah,,... I'm a terrorist baby. Those check points are for me, because I'm one Bad A MOFO.
This joke is getting more and more ridiculous every single day.
I swear, I bet if I asked the average Joe to lay down and allow me to eviscerate them with white hot metallic instruments they would. You know what? I think I really want a reason now, a reason to deck the first jackboot "A hole" that honestly believes he or she is a true patriot.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

So to me anyway it looks like the Airports are just the testing ground till they bring them to a street near you.

The possibilities are endless why else would they need mobile centers

Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
In another thread someone said the next big terror event would be at the Super Bowl or similar event. After watching that video I believe it might be. What better way to get literally tens of thousands of aditional people to submit to screenings every week.

Nearly every week there are several basketball, baseball, football, NHL games, or NASCAR races. Most of these events draw over 10,000 people. So, if you figure 20+ NBA games, and 15 NFL games in the same week, you are looking at 350,000 attendees, on the low end. If they screen 10% of the people that is 35,000 people. If they only screen 1% of the atendees that is 3,500 people.

The sad thing is that one of these trailers would require less than twenty people to operate. In the current economic times do you think it would be hard to find 700 people? These things could be deployed regionally to events and with a staf of perhabs 2,500 (extra staff to handle administration, logistics, and back up technicians) total they would be ready to deploy anywhere 24/7.

Not a very pleasant scenario to think about.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yep i think this will be everywhere.

TSA chief John Pistole to put priority on rail, subways]ARLINGTON, Va. — Protecting riders on mass-transit systems from terrorist attacks will be as high a priority as ensuring safe air travel, the new head of the Transportation Security Administration promises.In his first interview since taking over the TSA, former FBI deputy director John Pistole told USA TODAY

Linkwww.usatoday.com...

Better get used to this one day you might get screened to go in shopping center 1984 this is so much worse.
Edit to add DHS & TSA: Making a list, checking it twice

Following the publication of my article titled “Gate Rape of America,” I was contacted by a source within the DHS who is troubled by the terminology and content of an internal memo reportedly issued yesterday at the hand of DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano. Indeed, both the terminology and content contained in the document are troubling. The dissemination of the document itself is restricted by virtue of its classification, which prohibits any manner of public release. While the document cannot be posted or published, the more salient points are revealed here.

This little bit is interesting.

Obama not only endorses the enhanced security screening, but the measures outlined in this directive to be taken in response to public objections

Linkcanadafreepress.com...
Don't know how reliable source is but its a peace of the jigsaw

Thanks

edit on 013030p://2010-11-24T13:42:38-06:002411 by mars1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well it seems most Americans will put up with this.Opt out day

Airport security protests fizzle

CHICAGO (MarketWatch) — Threatened protests over airport screening procedures largely failed to materialize on Wednesday, one of the busiest travel days of the year, with the Transportation Security Administration reporting no spike in fliers “opting out” of screens by its new Advanced Imaging Technology units.
“Things are going smoothly across the country and we’re not seeing an unusual number of people opting out,” said Nick Kimball, a spokesman for the TSA.

Linkwww.marketwatch.com...
Link2
www.chicagotribune.com...
Link3
www.cbc.ca...
I could go on and on but whats the point.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Here's more for you.

Next step for tight security could be trains, boats, metro
The next step in tightened security could be on U.S. public transportation, trains and boats.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says terrorists will continue to look for U.S. vulnerabilities, making tighter security standards necessary.

This was at the top of the article

Editor's note: This story and its headline have been clarified to show that the Department of Homeland Security has not indicated it plans to use body scanners to tighten security at transportation sites beyond airports.

Linkthehill.com...
Well we know that's a lie.

TSA chief John Pistole to put priority on rail, subways

Linkwww.usatoday.com...
It was in one of my other posts but thought i would add it to this because it fits they plan to put these everywhere airports are just the start thats just my opinion.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
TSA. Homeland Security & Tampa Police Set Up Nazi Checkpoints At Bus Stations

Told you

Get used to it they will be everywhere

Thanks

top topics

join