It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bangladeshi Man lashed 100 times for having out of marriage sex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Bangladeshi Man lashed 100 times for having out of marriage sex

www.dailymail.co.uk

A unmarried foreign couple who admitted having sex in the United Arab Emirates have been ordered to receive 100 lashes by a sharia court.
The pair - a Filipina maid and her Bangladeshi boyfriend - were also ordered to be deported after the harsh punishment meted out just 20 miles from Dubai in Sharjah.
Police arrested the couple after a house owner reported how she saw the man, only identified as S.M., leave the home.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
So here we see again the undeniable truth about Sharia and you ask me what is wrong with it????

I think you should read this story amongst many others which will tell you that this Sharia is not the way to go.... there was a report on BBC the other night about this Sharia being taught to children in England....

Get your heads on and get your eyes open because if we don't kick them out now then i fear for the future.... especially our children who will be growing up with this...

www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So here we see again the undeniable truth about Sharia and you ask me what is wrong with it????

I think you should read this story amongst many others which will tell you that this Sharia is not the way to go.... there was a report on BBC the other night about this Sharia being taught to children in England....

Get your heads on and get your eyes open because if we don't kick them out now then i fear for the future.... especially our children who will be growing up with this...

www.dailymail.co.uk

Or just wait for them to make an even bigger mistake, instituting the severing of genitals for "offenders." I have a gut feeling more men would stand up to such practices, if their manhood was at stake. However, it's a different culture, so this might not do the trick either.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Interesting, well, let's see, they broke the law in the UAE, being punished in the UAE, I don't see the problem.

Course what the article doesn't say is, that the man was a masochist so the whippings were just fun.

Oh that's right, this is an islamaphobia piece isn't it, gotta push that propaganda eh?

You all have fun with that.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Whilst I hate the "Islamification" in the UK and agree wholeheartdly that any form of Sharia is unacceptable here, this crime was committed in an Islamic state, the couple knew what the laws were and they flouted them, they got caught and have been punished, according to the law of that country! I have no argument with that.

But this where I believe that the UK needs to change it's approach, we are a secular, democratic country (apparently!) and any one coming here should accept that and realise that their own laws have no place in our society and the Government should take a very firm stance on that. I also believe that if you are a muslim who is caught breaking the law in the UK and sent to prison that you should not be afforded separate rights, different food, prayer time etc. The same with employers, the job should come first, not the employees religious practices, if they don't feel that the job is compatible with their religion, they shouldn't take the job and employers should not face the prospect of a religious discrimination law suit for telling an employee to get on with their job and sell alcohol and to only take breaks at times designated by the employer. None of the rest of us have these rights, so it's really not fair.

But as for those who go to Islamic countries and break the laws, sorry but I don't have any sympathy.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Werent they both lashed? The man and the woman? I am abit confused as too why you state only the man, or is it a rarity for men to be punished for out of marriage sex? I am not nit picking,l'm just curious as to why you titled it like that.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This can only be called justice if the wife was allowed to deliver the 100 lashes.

Sorry for the one-liner, but I couldn't resist.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Interesting, well, let's see, they broke the law in the UAE, being punished in the UAE, I don't see the problem.

Course what the article doesn't say is, that the man was a masochist so the whippings were just fun.

Oh that's right, this is an islamaphobia piece isn't it, gotta push that propaganda eh?

You all have fun with that.

Throwing stones is great fun too until someone gets hit in the head a few times.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
This can only be called justice if the wife was allowed to deliver the 100 lashes.

Another one liner from me: Whose wife?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

They seem to both have been sentenced to the lashes as well as deportation, as they are both muslims so the punishment is harsher, she just hasn't had her lashes yet. It's all in the article but it doesn't make it clear when she will be punished just that they were both sentenced to 100 lashes and deportation for unlawful sex

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Think you missread the article there Max. They weren't cheating on anyone as far as I can tell, they were simply an unmarried couple, who were punished for having sex out of marriage.

Personally, I tend to agree that, as rediculous as we might see this law to be, it is still their law. If you break the law in UAE, then face the consequences. Who are we to dictate law and punishment in other countries?

I also agree that Sheria law has no place in the UK, or any non muslim country for that matter.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I would be in total agreement if this was applied in every nation across the world.
Alas....we know it's not.

Perhaps they should just stick to goats and things prior to marriage, far more respectable and thus much safer.
edit on 24/11/10 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I wonder how the police find out about these things and who grasses them in.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
If you break the law in UAE, then face the consequences. Who are we to dictate law and punishment in other countries?

It's common knowledge that the UAE is a savage country with billion dollar bells and whistles. If you're liberal (especially a liberal muslim) you should just keep the hell away from that place.

However, it's worse than that.

The pair - a Filipina maid and her Bangladeshi boyfriend - were also ordered to be deported after the harsh punishment meted out just 20 miles from Dubai in Sharjah...

They admitted to having sex several times at the house owned by the maid's sponsor, the employer who previously backed her to stay in the country.

See, she was a maid. These two don't have money. The real crime here is that they were FWP. As long as you're a super wealthy sheik or prince you can bang whoever you want.

I like to treat all of the abrahamic religions with equal disdain, but I'll be damned if the muslims don't go the extra mile.

It doesn't really matter to me. I'm not stupid enough to go to a muslim country where a religious book is used to make policy.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

While I agree this is an excessive punishment, it's not only Sharia law that has crazy punishments: you can be caned for vandalism in Singapore, a non-Muslim country. I hate vandalism, but caning, really? Drug-users are also caned in Singapore.

As other posters have said, it's their country, their law. You know the law and if you break it, you are subject to punishment.

top topics

join