It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY AM I IGNORED ON THIS FORUM!?!?!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Look I'm not attacking any members here....I just want to let my flustrations out because for some reason my post's go unoticed here and on ATS for some reason!

I just came back from a long break from the boards....April 4 to June 30th. and it seems everytime I post, My post gets overlooked or ignored! What is going on here? I remember before I left the first time....My posts were answerd normaly....but since I came back....It's been tough to even get seen, I KILL THE POSTS!!!!

Why? Why is this happening? I mean....I changed my Background, Text color and avatar since I came back, but no one wants to even read my post before they post.....it's just getting stupid, and I fear I must leave again if this keeps up.

I just wish people would notice me on these boards.....

~

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Could be that your posts answers the topic, nothing more needs to be said. The staff is cracking down on one line posts, so you won't get "I agree" any more. I've seen your posts, you are not being overlooked.

link   
hel02u

Maybe your post aren't crackbrained enough, perhaps you actually provide things to back up your statements instead of saying something like ohhh I don't know "I dreamed it so it's true" or something along that lines, I know how you feel though, I kill threads every now and then but so goes on life.

Perhaps a more fanatic radical view point? and throw in some outrageous claims for good measure

edit: fingers move faster than brain har har

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by Lysergic]

link   
Hey it happens to me too. I'm sure it happens to everyone. Sometimes people don't take the time to read every post (I know I've been known to do that a few times in my laziness) or maybe they don't feel the need to respond to what you say. I get frustrated sometimes when people don't respond to things I say, but hey you just gotta go with the flow. I've started a bunch of threads that no one has replied to at all. It sucks yeah, but don't let it turn you away from ATS.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It happens from time to time just depends on timing and intrest of the readers at the time of your post. Ask the old timers around here they will all tell you that some of their post get ignored sometimes. Oh by the way, I read this post.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
just make a thread about "was jesus a gay black man" and you should get some replies, hehehe.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
just make a thread about "was jesus a gay black man" and you should get some replies, hehehe.

That 's the truth you'd probably have a few pages worth of replies by the end of the day with that one. LMAO

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There was a thread somewhere around here on 'Why do I kill threads' or something. I can't seem to find it, but it might cheer you up. We are all thread killers from time to time.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
just make a thread about "was jesus a gay black man"

With hemorroids, that would get the scientific people on board.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Why not go all out and post the thread: Black gay Jesus's reptilian alien cloned twin and the pedophiles that worship him.......with hemorroids.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Lmao Jonna, I'd have to check that out myself.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Why not go all out and post the thread: Black gay Jesus's reptilian alien cloned twin and the pedophiles that worship him.......with hemorroids.

LMAO!! That would be one of those 30 page threads we get from time to time.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
All's I wanna know is, who started us on this topic in the first place, huh?
The mods should definitely check that out.

He he he.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ive noticed, that if you just make a comment while writing a reply, often times you will end the conversation.

You have to leave an opening for the conversation to flow.

I normally just ask a question, wether I have one or not.

Works well for me

(Also, I _HATE this 2d conversation style on the internet.. But its my addiction
)

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Curiosity - I wouldn't get so upset about it. I usually reply to posts that I am interested in, or to which I have pertinant information to add. No one here can reply to every post - there aren't enough hours in the day (or beers in the fridge
).

I've posted stuff that have not received replies. Both my own threads and posts within other members threads.

Don't take things so personally, Curiosity. Just because you don't get replies doesn't mean that people think ill of what you say. Maybe they just don't have anything to add.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
you might find these threads interesting

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you are not alone.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yes - as I said in the second of Pantha's links, it's never happened to me.
I can enter stuff in a long thread and get no direct replies, but the thread has continued its merry way despite that. So no one can accuse me of the henious crime of murdering a thread. (I wonder what the penalty for that is ? - life imprisonment in David Bienek's site ? )

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Bah, ultimate thread would be

"Jesus, the satanic black man pedophile thinks fags should burn in hell, and then use their babies for stem cell research"

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I can top that:

"I had the baby of Jesus, the satanic black man pedophile thinks fags should burn in hell, and then use their babies for stem cell research."

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yeah man, I kill threads all the time too! Usually debates, after I'm done nobody says anything else! I guess that's a good thing though. Just look down the list at how many are ended with Herman, or I'm the second to last to post and the person in front of me didn't say anything relevant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join