It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea vows 'stern retaliation' against N. Korea's attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The following quote is from the President of South Korea. Given this statement and the rest of what was included in the following article I don't see how all out war is going to be avoided.

"Given that North Korea maintains an offensive posture, I think the Army, the Navy and the Air Force should unite and retaliate against (the North's) provocation with multiple-fold firepower," Lee said. "I think enormous retaliation is going to be necessary to make North Korea incapable of provoking us again."

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wow, this could be a life changing moment Or just more N> S> BS!
edit on 23-11-2010 by olliks2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Uh-oh...

Now might be a good time to check the war-time pacts.

For instance what happened in the world wars... smaller countries begin fighting represented by larger countries... that also begin fighting as legally they are bound to assist/protect if their ally is engaged.
edit on 23-11-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
We're in for a real # storm boys. If NK and SK go to war, we could see the potential start of World War 3.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thank you for that direct from the horse's mouth quote. That's pretty big news. I don't know about a "World War" because I don't see how other countries have enough vested interest to step in. Of course, that doesn't mean the US will stay out. We love a good fight that isn't ours.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
"Incapable of provoking us again".. "resolute retaliation"...
Jesus H. Christ. Has TS Hitting TF has ever been at a higher probability? I must admit I was a little unprepared for this. I didn't think WW3 would start so soon.

The fuse is lit folks... Once South Korea starts an all out offensive against North Korea, you better be far away from any densly populated areas. In that situation we would without a doubt, have nuclear war on our hands. China has stated that they are close as lips and teeth with North Korea. They will not stand down to an all out offensive on what would seem to be one of their closest, if not the closest allie they have. I find it hard to believe China's allies would stand down either.

North Korea seems to be testing us, provoking us, or maybe both. I would not underestimate the North Koreans. They are very smart militarily and have probably thought of every possible scenario for every possible confrontation. Do not assume this is some extreme act of saber rattling or act to gain respect among their military officials and country men by a higher up, or anything ridiculous of that nature. They must be treated with extreme scrutiny, and an eagle eye if we are to avoid super doom.

edit on 23-11-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NeedsNoName

You signed up just to spread doom and gloom? How does that help people here?

Let's not jump to conclusions.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's about time, I'm tired of waiting for the Prediction Threads to come true.
edit on 11/23/2010 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

If I had a dime for every time the president of South Korea has responded with that exact phrase; I'd have about a buck twenty which with I would buy a delicious coffee and read the newspa.. rhetoric, spin and conjecture-loids.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by FoxStriker

If I had a dime for every time the president of South Korea has responded with that exact phrase; I'd have about a buck twenty which with I would buy a delicious coffee and read the newspa.. rhetoric, spin and conjecture-loids.

Provide some links and quotes to back that statement up. This is one of the harshest stances I have read from the south. I'm not saying the world is going to end but this would move the doom clock up a minute to midnight for me.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
South Korea is one of the West's economic engines providing Ships, Cars, Armaments,
High Tech products and more. This could be serious. How long would it take to
recoup those losses not to mention the horror the people would be subjected to?
I don't think the North Koreans would be very "nice" to them for all the "trouble" they
have caused the north all of these years. South Korea will have to be very firm.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

South Korea Confirms North Sank Warship, Promises 'Firm Action '20 May 2010 ... S. Korea Vows Retaliation for Ship Sinking by North.

Basicly over the years these two love bird states kill a handful of one another and then make vows to do something terrible. The next day they go back to looking at eachother across the border and shoot the dirty looks until dusk.

They love eachother, they want to be one.

top topics

join