It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Scanner Operator Caught Masturbating at Colorado Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
www.dailysquib.co.uk...

My understanding is that this UK site is equivalent to "The Onion" in the States.

Regardless, of the satire, one only has to wonder how long it will be before a headline like this is the real deal and what we can expect from those allowed to view us via "scanners".

Read it as tongue in cheek while keeping in the back of your mind that this could well become the norm should such invasive techniques continue to be allowed. I don't know about your SO but mine is smoking hot and some twinkie fingered ding bat getting a look at her doesn't sit well with me.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Not to be personal here, but if you believe that this article is satire or parody, why would you post a thread title that suggests otherwise?

This is more than a bit misleading.

~Heff

ETA an apology to a degree... didn't realize this was in jokes and pranks.. in the chatroom we just see thread titles! Now I feel a bit like Ashton Kutcher is about to come out from behind something.

edit on 11/22/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Because outrageous and baseless claims = stars and flags on ATS.

I heard that those scanners can make women pregnant too...and that TSA agents have x-ray vision and can see all your naughty bits even without the scanners.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I have flagged and passed out stars in attrition for my lack of forum awareness! This has all been a very, very humbling experience!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
3rd time this is postet here...last time i saw it..it was in the Hoax forum

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Not to be personal here, but if you believe that this article is satire or parody, why would you post a thread title that suggests otherwise?

This is more than a bit misleading.

~Heff

ETA an apology to a degree... didn't realize this was in jokes and pranks.. in the chatroom we just see thread titles! Now I feel a bit like Ashton Kutcher is about to come out from behind something.

edit on 11/22/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

My apology for utilizing the title of the thread as given and posting it in the appropriate forum based on my read of it as a joke/prank.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Hefficide

Because outrageous and baseless claims = stars and flags on ATS.

I have little doubt that you an expert regarding that. Did you perhaps see the forum in which this thread was posted?

Did I not explain clearly in my post that it was my understanding that the post was done on a UK website equivalent to "The Onion"? I did not make an outrageous nor a baseless claim. I merely saw the humor in the post and figured I'd share it.

I don't long for stars and flags on ATS...this is merely a website and I gain nothing personally useful from it. I do enjoy reading/sharing information and should something I post be considered noteworthy, so be it.

It sounds as if there are those who wish to be mods and wish to police things and have proven themselves to be incapable of such since they are too busy looking at the trees and miss the forest.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
3rd time this is postet here...last time i saw it..it was in the Hoax forum

I hadn't realized it had been postet two times previously. I'll be more cautious when posteting in the future. Whether it be the hoax or joke forum, I made it quite clear that it was satire.

Geez, this is a great site but some people need to switch to boxers and let the "boys" breathe a bit.
edit on 22-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You posted in the correct forum! I did apologize and explained that in the chatroom thread titles (with links) are broadcast, without any reference to which forum the thread is in!

I think most of us have a bit of TSA burnout right now... So hopefully a bit of reaction to a hyperbolic thread title is an understandable thing!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

You posted in the correct forum! I did apologize and explained that in the chatroom thread titles (with links) are broadcast, without any reference to which forum the thread is in!

I think most of us have a bit of TSA burnout right now... So hopefully a bit of reaction to a hyperbolic thread title is an understandable thing!

I understand fully and harbor no ill will towards you. I saw your apology, accepted it and hope we can retain a relationship where our discourse is not predicated on anything other than what is presented.

I know the TSA thing is generating knee jerk reactions these days and have had more than my share of knee jerk reactions to the whole TSA thing. I just saw this as comical....other than the title...so posted it as it was titled on their site. I tried to soften things in my OP but can understand how merely viewing a title gets the juices flowing....

Thanks for your response.
edit on 22-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join