It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA workers face verbal abuse from travelers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The union that represents TSA workers, is urging the TSA to do more to protect its employees from abuse from airline passengers angry over the new security methods.

I originally found this topic pretty insignificant given the current state of things but now it is turning into a full fledge war over passengers and the TSA. Still given the state of affairs in our current country and it's view on terrorism this all seems to be getting pretty out of hand on the side of the TSA.

Union President John Gage called on TSA to provide an educational pamphlet to each passenger describing both their rights and the details of the new procedures, which include full-body scans and enhanced pat-downs.

I love the fact that they feel a pamphlet describing both our rights and the details of the new procedures is supposed to magically fix this problem for those of us that have to fly. I have flown 20 times with my 4 year old in the recent months with no events of significance taking place, but now I think I'm going to wait until this 'theater' they have created ends.

Today Travel

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'd take verbal abuse over physical harassment anyday

....is this why we have evolved and become civilized, so we can lose our rights at the drop of a hat ...err pamphlet

we are a bunch of children, being controlled by immature greedy/ power hunger children, our timeline of history is a pitiful example of what we could be peppered with few moments of truth and justice to be proud of

....nothing will change until WE all become the big brother that everyone seems to think that we need /rant over

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Funny thing about it. None of the "elites" that have set this stuff in motion are EVER going to have to go through an enhanced search.

Yeah, they can reach into your or my childrens' underwear, but what do you think would happen if some TSA dipdunk slipped their fingers into Sasha's or Maleya's panties. Could you actually see Nancy Pelosi consenting to be "patted down"?

These folks are hopping onto private jets right from their limosines, and the security people make sure the luggage is stowed and the champagne is cold.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
verbal abuse should be the least of their worries.

When more of them start ending up with injuries at the hands of citizens, perhaps they will get the point.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Or....

They will be elevated to Law Enforcement, as rumor has it, the TSA is currently seeking to become.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A pamphlet describing our rights? How hard is it to put out blank pieces of paper?

link   
It is all getting pretty crazy.
I just found a very interesting article on CNN in which someone tried to get a dead man through a checkpoint in a wheelchair. Also TSA agents having to stop parents from putting babies on conveyor belts through X-ray machines.
This is all just nuts. . .

Airport Odyssey

link   
Good. This battle for our freedom is multi-pronged. It is our duty to demoralize these TSA agents in large numbers, to create large turnover rates.

How do they expect to humiliate the public without suffering blow back?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Yeah, they'll all be issued glock 19s, HK submachine guns and arrest powers before much longer.

That's kind of scary, actually. Some of the TSA "agents" at ATL and Kennedy look like their IQs don't go much above room temperature on a good day.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Exactly. Demoralize them in every way possible, and sooner or later, no one will want that job.

Cops hate it when people post their home address and other personal info online, maybe its time for TSA agents to feel the same way.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

The union that represents TSA workers, is urging the TSA to do more to protect its employees from abuse from airline passengers angry over the new security methods.

The irony, the abusers need protection from abuse.

Waaaa

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Somehow I agree with you, if we all make it difficult for the system to work it should break. Though there are many ways to achieve this one being boycott, another being a blatant disregard for the checkpoint system by utilizing non offensible means such as small pocket knives and such to stagnate the system further, maybe then they may get the point.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

If every passenger *forgets* to do the normal things, and has to be told EVERY SINGLE TIME to do the following, it will wear them down. We should all:

• Forget to remove your shoes
  • Forget to remove your belt
  • Forget to remove your jacket
  • Forget to remove your hat
  • Forget to remove your laptop from your bag
  • Forget to put your laptop in it's own bin
  • Forget to place your shoes in the bin
  • Forget to put your hat in the bin
  • Forget to put your belt in the bin
  • Forget to put your jacket in the bin
  • Etc., etc., etc.

If we all did that every time, the planes would never fly, the lines would be clogged and the TSA agents would get totally stressed out and hate their jobs. Their supervisors would get chewed out.

In short, the system breaks down.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
They deserve the abuse.

Take a job physically and legally violating your fellow citizens, good call. Now they will modify the laws to suit their needs rather than respecting current laws or the constitution.

If laws and rights can be modified at any time for the convenience of the government, what the point in having them at all?

Enslavement is the only use they have.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
verbal abuse should be the least of their worries.

When more of them start ending up with injuries at the hands of citizens, perhaps they will get the point.

This is really distressing because they are just workers. They are doing what they are told in for what they think at least is everyones security. They could be wrong, but the workers don't deserve abuse no one does.

top topics

join