It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus existed.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So, can any of you kindly explain the countless other dieties with the SAME story as Jesus, who were said to exist well BEFORE Jesus?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

AND DONT CRY FOR HIS HELP WHEN YA KNOW ITS TIME LOL PEACE AND GOODLUCK NON BELIEVERS OR GOATS..

You are hilarious!. You must be joking!. No man I won't be calling his name & no I would not be praying rest assured! That has got to be one of the funniest posts I have ever seen! "Sure thang Preeecher!" No I don't like goats. Where did that perverted idea come from?

edit on 22-11-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thektotheg
So, can any of you kindly explain the countless other dieties with the SAME story as Jesus, who were said to exist well BEFORE Jesus?

Great point & very relevant to this discussion. Has been discussed

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-11-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

This is how I figure it there NKP.

It's really a safe bet for those who believe in the existence of Jesus Christ. If they're correct in their belief and relationship then they are all set for eternal life.

If they're wrong............No harm done.....Worm food just like the rest of the non-believers.

In your case, I think personal stubborness and an "I know better than you little believers" is a very poor bet. What if they're right and you're wrong. Oh-Oh

Becker

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

UM OK HAPPY TO MAKE YOU LAUGH.
ANYTHING ELSE GOAT.
edit on 11/22/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Im not sure why you are taking such offence to an internet discussion, but I agree for the most part with what you say. In troubling circumstances the human instinct is to try and find comfort in whatever it can.

The question for people who think a bit more logically is: if I pray will there be any difference in the outcome of the event? My belief is no. The astroid still hits and the earth obliterated. No miraculous divine intervention. That doesnt mean I am against praying. I think people should reflect and pray. The difference between myself and someone of a particular faith is I will never pretend to know what or who to pray to. But in my opinion the act of prayer is neither religious or a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Jesus most likely existed, as a person, and the storys of his life are most likely true. There is enough eye witness accounts from the time to solidify that fact. The question you should be asking is, was he really the son of god? Did the miracles witnessed really take place? Or was he just a man, who a lot of people believed was the son of god, and the miracles he performed were either exaggerated, or made up. You can choose to believe it, you can choose to have faith, or you can believe it was all blown out of proportion by the main story writers.

Either way, Jesus of Nazareth, son of Mary, was a real man, more than likely.
edit on 22/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thektotheg

Zeitgeist is mostly correct except for the denial of the Creator, the spirit/soul of it all.
Man has ascribed many astronomical features, cosmic meaning to prophets of the past.
The rest is lost in translation.

A/thE Creator is multidimensional, though the essence is Of Energy, of which is in all things and the spark of All life here on Earth as it is in the cosmos, "As above so below" in both instances of the definition whether it be the terrasphere (underworld), the aquasphere, the universal sphere, the outer cosmic sphere. They are all connected as a 'conscious' is within a brain. The neuronal network of the brain is very similar in function and understanding as to the cosmos itself. The human brain is as a microcosm of the Universe and therefor is capable of becoming at '1' with it as a superconscious, c-O+nnEcted with crEAtion itself.

That's enough on the topic.....moving on.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Asteriod why not something more interesting like a star lol that comes to free the many and those left behind deal with he who is dark and non light. I get upset because people dont get it GOD DONT HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING TO US HE LEFT RULES TO FOLLOW. AND WE CHOSE TO FOLLOW OTHER LAWS NOT EVEN DISTRIBUTED BY MAN. I personally dont wanna see any not make it because i know what is there awaiting them and its sad all they had to do was BOW DOWN LIKE THE ANGELS HAD TO BOW DOWN TO HUMANITY. AND WHAT WE GET ALL NAW HE AINT REAL HE A FAKE UNTIL CNN SAYS UM THE SUN JUST DISAPPEARED OR WAS DRAINED. WEAK AND IT MAKES ME MAD IM GENETICALLY RELATED TO SOME HERE.. but oh well let them be cocky for they only believe what they see HENCE majikz. sO MABEY BLUE BEAM AINT SO BAD AS IT WILL ATTRACT MOST OF THEM.....I SEE NOW

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Firstly, I didn't say ANYTHING about Zeitgeist. Second of all, I don't see how anything you said addressed my question. haha. Ah well.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

UM OK HAPPY TO MAKE YOU LAUGH.
ANYTHING ELSE GOAT.

No worries mate. I'm all good!. No need to shout I've got the hearing aid turned up now LOL. If by goat you are refering to satan please call me Mr Crowley!. Else Billy as in "Billy Goat" is fine.

But seriously there is and never will be proof of Jesus existence!. In years approx 50 - 300 AD Stories about Jesus were some of the most popular fictional writings of the time! The early church had literally hundreds of Gospels to choose from to compile their bible into a story that THEY saw fits!

Cheers

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

I can't believe in something that I can't believe in, just to pretend I believe in something to hedge my bets on an after life is pointless.
With your theory, I would have to subscribe to every religion ever invented, just to be on the safe side.

Just to make something clear, I have not bashed anyone here for their beliefs, my main point for this thread is to try and set a precedent for future threads that get side swiped into the whole jesus thing.
I don't think I'm alone when I say I have been involved in threads that are not religion based but end up going down the whole "if you let jesus into your life, everything will be ok" route.
I find it really frustrating and it distracts from the OP's a lot of the time.
If we can come to a grown up conclusion that there either is or is not proper scientific, or historical evidence for the absolute existence of jesus, then maybe we can stop the hijacking.
My intentions here are honourable and sincere.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

IF YOU ONLY KNEW....... Peace no hate here at all goodluck and goat =non believer in the LAMB
lambs= believers in the LAMB. SIDES WILL BE TAKEN...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Probably not the info you were looking for, but all four of my previous high school history teachers believe that Christ existed. Only one of them was Christian by the way. I was under the impression that it was pretty much universally agreed in the historical community that he existed, that his actions where the relevant topic of debate these days...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

huh?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

nvm IM BUT A DESTRUCTIVE SERVANT OF THE LAMB
PATIENCE HERD..
2nd

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

GOD DONT HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING

No God does not. But until it is proven it is a big scam!

I personally dont wanna see any not make it because i know what is there awaiting them and its sad all they had to do was BOW DOWN LIKE THE ANGELS HAD TO BOW DOWN TO HUMANITY.

Thanks for your sympathy but I am "Make it" as you put it. I will get the same as everybody else. I don't bow to anyone. Well maybe the wife LOL.

HE A FAKE UNTIL CNN SAYS UM THE SUN JUST DISAPPEARED OR WAS DRAINED.

All new sources are a bit "Suss" I would need more proof than CNN saying so

IT MAKES ME MAD IM GENETICALLY RELATED TO SOME HERE.

It makes you mad everyone is not a religious extremist like you?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
I don't bow to anyone. Well maybe the wife LOL.

you just proved your wack density nuff said

complete fail as the fallen did by not bowing to you and as adam did by listening to his lady instead of GOD.

PEACE ANY ATTEMPTING TO FOLLOW YOUR TRAIN OF THOUGHT WELL ALL 1 CAN SAY ARE AS WACK AS YOU ARE AND DONT EVEN NEED MY ATTENTION CAUSE YA KNOW ITS HER YOU WOULD BOW DOWN TO INSTEAD OF THE PRINCE!!!!!!!!!!! GREATEST LOSS
good luck with her shall we show you how much yours she is not
dont even cry thats your messiah....

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I would think, that out of all people, the Jews would be the first to deny that Jesus existed.

However, most, if not all Jews believe he existed.

What they believe him to be differs, but he is most definitely mentioned in both the Talmud and in the Jewish encyclopedia as an actual person.

You can't have solid evidence that Jesus existed, just as you can't have irrefutable proof that any other person lived a few hundred years ago.

But I would say with the following he has had for over 2000 years, it would be highly improbable that he didn't exist.

The funny thing is, is that if Jesus were not the center of a religion, and considered a revolutionary who helped lead the Jews to a revolt against the Romans, then their would be little doubt he existed. As soon as you label someone with religion, people will go out of their way to not believe it.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join