It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CARGO BOMBS PLOT 'COST JUST "£2,628"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

CARGO BOMBS PLOT 'COST JUST "£2,628"

www.express.co.uk

Al Qaida of the Arabian Peninsula claims its attempts to blow up package bombs on two cargo flights headed to the US cost only 4,200 dollars (£2,628), terrorist monitoring groups said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me tbh, but the question remains how do we beat these people without bankrupting our countries? The ever increasing swathe of anti terror legislation, and devices cost's our countries billions every year and yet we were very close to being beaten by something that cost's a pittance in comparison.

www.express.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Quick, lower wages to 3000 dollars a year just to make sure that no one can afford to do this!

Sorry that you are starving and naked and homeless, but it's for your own good, trust me!

Guess what, a plastic spoon costs about 5 cents and I bet the TSA would consider it a potential weapon of terror. Of course you could tear your underwear up and make a sort of rope to tie someone up with, you could throw your shoes (we've seen the dangers of shoe missiles before!) and you could even *gasp* hit someone with a part of your body (for free!).

I am so scared now, I think we should sedate any person that wants to leave their house!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well this kind of comes down to are people basically good, or are people basically evil?
If people basically want to destroy what ever society is out there then that is what will happen. Because as is the title of this tread, it can be done for quite little capital. Kind of sad really.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This package bomb story was a total fabrication from the start.

ONLY $4000? Seems pretty expensive to me... Considering it was "made" by an Al Queda cell in the Middle East, wouldn't they already have these bomb components on hand or did some terrorist seriously go to the local Yemeni hardware store and drop a few grand?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

There are probably expenses that you would not find at the hardware store. Perhaps purchasing the explosive from the underground black market, bribes, things like that. I don't think it would be that hard to account for a few thousand to make something like a small bomb.

top topics

join