It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Worry-Geithner Warns Republicans Against Politicizing the Fed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oooohhhh there you go. The Republicans are the ones in bed with the banks, Oh wait a minute, this is the Secretary of the Treasury appointed by Obama. Defended by Obama. Given EXTRA powers by Obama. Failed to pay by his taxes.

Oh what the #, what are you going to say.

Link-www.bloomberg.com...

Snippet-

U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner said the Obama administration would oppose any effort to strip the Federal Reserve of its mandate to pursue full employment and warned Republicans against politicizing the central bank.

“It is very important to keep politics out of monetary policy,” Geithner said in an interview airing on Bloomberg Television’s “Political Capital with Al Hunt” this weekend. “You want to be very careful not to take steps that hurt our credibility."

It does not matter anymore, I wonder what they have on Obama?

Nice to have a puppet to further their power huh?!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Credibility? Since when? Why do these government Stooges think they don't have to be accountable for their actions?? Somethings going to give.... And Its NOT the Federal Reserve! Yeah..I get the Federal Reserve is supposed to be seperate. Ron Paul is our only hope of accountability? Reserve guys are probably laughing if he's all we got.
Just incredible.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well tough # Timmy boy,the tea party sent people to Washington with the federal reserves monetary policy squarely in the crosshairs and we the people wont be intimidated by the likes of you and your bankster elite traitorious scumbags.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have no idea what this idiot means. Pursue full employment? Politicise monetary policy - as though it isn't already. Perhaps this is double speak for 'Don't you dare try to decriminalise the Fed Res'. Or an oblique warning to Ron Paul? Or just basically a 'hands off the Fed Res' warning.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Who do you think was the last non-puppet president?... I think bush was, clinton was, obama is...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Who do you think was the last non-puppet president?... I think bush was, clinton was, obama is...

William Howard Taft Maybe Theodore Roosevelt

everyone since Taft has been a puppet of the fed.

remember the fed was established under Wilson's watch and he was president after Taft.
edit on 12/5/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join