It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Bill S 510 Food Safety Modernization Act vote imminent:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Senate Bill S 510 Food Safety Modernization Act vote imminent: Would outlaw gardening and saving seeds

Senate Bill 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act, has been called "the most dangerous bill in the history of the United States of America." It would grant the U.S. government new authority over the public's right to grow, trade and transport any foods. This would give Big brother the power to regulate the tomato plants in your backyard. It would grant them the power to arrest and imprison people selling cucumbers at farmer's markets. It would criminalize the transporting of organic produce if you don't comply with the authoritarian rules of the federal government.

"It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one's choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God."

This tyrannical law puts all food production (yes, even food produced in your own garden) under the authority of the Department of Homeland Security. Yep -- the very same people running the TSA and its naked body scanner / passenger groping programs.

This law would also give the U.S. government the power to arrest any backyard food producer as a felon (a "smuggler") for merely growing lettuce and selling it at a local farmer's market.

It also sells out U.S. sovereignty over our own food supply by ceding to the authority of both the World Trade Organization (WTO) and Codex Alimentarius.

It would criminalize seed saving (foodfreedom.wordpress.com...), turning backyard gardeners who save heirloom seeds into common criminals. This is obviously designed to give corporations like Monsanto a monopoly over seeds.

It would create an unreasonable paperwork burden that would put small food producers out of business, resulting in more power over the food supply shifting to large multinational corporations.

www.naturalnews.com...
foodfreedom.wordpress.com...

Senate Bill S510 Makes it illegal to Grow, Share, Trade or Sell Homegrown Food

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
i'm not much of a gardener myself, but they better not pass this
i don't think the government realizes what will happen if they do
if they think the recent french and english riots were bad just wait until they piss off america...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakgenius
i'm not much of a gardener myself, but they better not pass this
i don't think the government realizes what will happen if they do
if they think the recent french and english riots were bad just wait until they piss off america...

Just the thought alone makes me mad. I'll be a felon for growing lettuce. They want us dependent on them. I am self sufficient. They don’t like us that way, they have no control. I should add this to the survival boards.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So when did this come into the Senate and more importantly when will it be voted on?

Oh good job by the way, S&F

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupin
So when did this come into the Senate and more importantly when will it be voted on?

Oh good job by the way, S&F

Thanks, It was put off until after Thanksgiving but could get voted on and passed on 29 November 2010.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I grow my own vegetables and barter with local farmers.
I don't plan on changing my ways. If this bill intends to make
personal and local growth illegal, I can't imagine this actually passing.
I predict a riot!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I grow my own vegetables and barter with local farmers.
I don't plan on changing my ways. If this bill intends to make
personal and local growth illegal, I can't imagine this actually passing.
I predict a riot!!!!

I have a real problem with someone (government) telling me how to care and provide for feeding my family. It is not their business. I'd expect rioting too. I cant believe these bills even exist. Wow!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Yup, I hear you. I will do some research later. I'm curious to just how sound this is.
What is it called when a government regulates what you are allowed to eat and grow?
I can think of many words, but I keep coming back to "inhumane".

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
hey, whats the problem?
Its good enough for the Iraqis it should be good enough for you....

boy, did I get flack when I posted on this bill last summer...
just like I did when I posted on codex alimenarious years ago.

processing means washing cutting peeling
PUT DOWN THE POTATOE PEELER AND COME OUT WITH YOUR ANDS UP!
ooops sorry wrong thread I thought this was the peace flotilla thread....

Five years ago I brought a young man with me to the AIPAC policy conference. He was only a
state senator in the state of Illinois at that time. He already had a lot of friends because he was
from Chicago. He's done very well for himself.
I just have to tell you that I believe that AIPAC has always been a trusted ally and friend from
my earliest days in politics. But whether it's Israel or Dick Durbin...

www.aipac.org...

www.treeoflife.nu...
you'll find a list of the co sponsers herealso
you are al palistinians now
no cookies for you
enjoy
edit on 21-11-2010 by Danbones because: thow the bums out............the window

edit on 21-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

If it happens here it wont resemble the Iraqis. They should bust our doors down unless we are growing lettuce in the basement. They will be happily welcomed with my baseball bat.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Another bill that will likely get passed without the average citizen paying any attention to what the bill is about. If this passes and the government tries to stop us from growing and sharing our own food, I too think there will be serious riots.

It is just amazing how a bill like this can be written and actually have a chance of passing. The lawmakers of the United States are either asleep at the helm or have hijacked the country.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

If they are against the home gardener who grows organic what do they plan to do. Use a depopulation herbicide? During the Great Depression those who grew food survived.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The fact that this is making it to the senate floor should tell us that we are all pawns! I mean this bill is ludicrous! Any senator that does not see that, and I mean even ONE senator, should be impeached! BTW, Do we even impeach senators and congressmen? We should. Food is a basic common RIGHT! And there is right and wrong, and this is just wrong! This bill if passed is enough to make me fight! And we all need to start fighting now, not literally physically, but by making the effort to go places and take a stand!

This TSA nightmare an now making growing veggies a crime?

I'm beside myself, and I've heard about this before, but it actually coming to a vote? Just unbelievable!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I'm curious how they plan to enforce this if passed. A veggie prison? Maybe the penalty is raiding your garden, tax you and a final penalty tax. I dont understand this. There is a global food shortage. Maybe that's the plan?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
the show veggie tales will be outlawed immediately and the penalties for the possession of these videos will be similar to that of heroin. my prediction is that if veggie tales becomes a felony there will be hundreds of pre-school/prison/re-education camps opened nationwide to accommodate the influx of our cute little criminals.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

ANY Senator that would Vote Yea to this Bill should be Shot for High Treason .........A Blatant Power Grab here......

edit on 22-11-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If this bill passes, I wonder how much would really change, you know? It's like everyone is saying, how is the government going to enforce it? There are so many ridiculous laws out there and they're not enforced. I feel like, if this bill passes, things will be in uproar for a couple years and then everything will settle back down and people will go back to living as they did before this bill.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
God, John Cornyn seriously makes me hate being a Texan.

.........More so than Rick Perry. Ugh.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SurvivalSeedBnk

How are they enforcing it in IRAQ where this same thing has been in effect since the blitzkrieg?
They have been swat teaming amish farmers and raw milk wholesalers in the US already...

How are thoy going to enforce these laws?
Your guess is as good as mine

PS
all disease is caused by a lack of fish genes in the tomatoes, everyone knows that
edit on 28-11-2010 by Danbones because: spelling grammer punctuation capitals PS

top topics

join