It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See (for all you skeptics overloards out their )

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Simplicity truly is genius!

Great video. It stands reasonable to sit back and rationally weigh odds from time to time, rather than indulge in poilitcal and partisan debates. Overanalyzing can be an enemy. I think this is one of those times.

When there are uncertain variables it's always best to try to reduce the number of outcomes by selecting simple choices. It's a safeguard against the worst case scenario. Too bad the real world doesn;t operate in this manner.

edit on 27-11-2010 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

Then again...................... selecting column A could also result in ludicrous spending that results in climate change being real, with no effect from our action. This would create depression, but we would fall into the worst case scenario anyway. We could possibly attack the problem and spend and failbecause climate change destroys us anyway. I think he missed that part. Still tho, it wouldn't matter I suppose. If that were the case then it truly is a moot point because there would be no answer to begin with. His premise is faulty because he automaticall equates action with solution.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Simplicity truly is genius!

Great video. It stands reasonable to sit back and rationally weigh odds from time to time, rather than indulge in poilitcal and partisan debates. Overanalyzing can be an enemy. I think this is one of those times.

When there are uncertain variables it's always best to try to reduce the number of outcomes by selecting simple choices. It's a safeguard against the worst case scenario. Too bad the real world doesn;t operate in this manner.

Then again...................... selecting column A could also result in ludicrous spending that results in climate change being real, with no effect from our action. This would create depression, but we would fall into the worst case scenario anyway. We could possibly attack the problem and spend and failbecause climate change destroys us anyway. I think he missed that part. Still tho, it wouldn't matter I suppose. If that were the case then it truly is a moot point because there would be no answer to begin with. His premise is faulty because he automaticall equates action with solution.

Simplicity only works when over-analyzing simple things. In this case, the topic can be related to getting the shuttle into space. They don't say "Eeh, cut your engines about 300 to 500 feet up and you'll be fine." They have specific instructions for specific altitudes to do specific things. This particular topic of global warming is not a simple issue. Lots are at stake here, and over-simplifying it does not help at all, it only adds to the confusing. Also, the man in this video is not only over-simplifying, he is picking and choosing the possible outcomes as to create fear.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join