It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu asks for Pollards release as part of freeze deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

"Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has asked the US to release Israeli agent Jonathan Pollard as part of a series of gestures made to Israel in an effort to restart peace talks with the Palestinians, sources with knowledge of the talks told The Jerusalem Post over the weekend."

Polard has been jailed for 25 years for his traitorous activities of passing secret information to an aly, although in the legal sense Israel is NOT an aly. Normally this charge carries a penalty of not more then 10 years. It might be argued that he should be released because he has served two an a half times the "normal" sentence for such a crime. However in Polards case it was not just a "normal" crime of passing secret information to an" aly" The information was infact sold and traded to The Soviet Union in exchange for the allowed immigration of Jews to Israel. Hundreds of American agents were compromised and subsequently killed. The secrets sold were Americas most important nuclear secrets.

Because of the nature of the secrets and the loss of our agent network Pollard was sentenced to "life in prison" I think he should serve his entire sentence. What do the rest of you think?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
really good question , and a great post.

I think the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few in this instance.
He could have jeopardized the lives of millions as he was dealing with nuclear secrets and had no way of knowing what russia would actually do once it had the information considering they were intent on installing nukes on cuba. It could have had much more serious repercussions.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

What do I think???
I think what the hell is everyone playing games for?
The majority of the world, the UN included, believe Israel is breaking international law with these illegal settlements and I can't believe they have the gall to request anything just to delay their actions...

I say the US should get it's nose out of Israel's rear and put it's boot there instead..

I say the UN or the US should send troops in to protect what rightfully belongs to the Palistinian people and if Israel try to take any more land then treat them like any other invading force...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Won't happen! Israel has their fingers in too many pies in this country. They have special interest groups all over Washington, making sure their voice is heard above all others. Also, try and get elected to any office in the country without the blessings of the Israelis. Great idea, and one I support fully, but again....won't happen!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jdb51

Yes but you can sense it..People ARE waking up and even our bought and paid for pollies know it..
They know the truth is spreading and it's only a matter of time before the have to change their ways or feel the wraith of the people..
Well thats my take anyways

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I agree that people are waking up, but just look at the terms of the deal the White House if offering! I originally read they were going to up the ante on the yearly "dividends" they send to Israel. Not a mention of it lately. Hmmmm!
All this so Obama can carve another notch in his belt. Peace in the middle east? Not a chance!
Meanwhile, that 30 billion dollars in F-22's alone could feed a host of children, and help some of the homeless right here in the United States that have been thrown from their homes and have no place warm to go this winter. Sounds right to me! Now doesn't that give you a warm fuzzy feeling? Grumble, grumble, grumb..l..e.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdb51
I agree that people are waking up, but just look at the terms of the deal the White House if offering! I originally read they were going to up the ante on the yearly "dividends" they send to Israel. Not a mention of it lately. Hmmmm!
All this so Obama can carve another notch in his belt. Peace in the middle east? Not a chance!
Meanwhile, that 30 billion dollars in F-22's alone could feed a host of children, and help some of the homeless right here in the United States that have been thrown from their homes and have no place warm to go this winter. Sounds right to me! Now doesn't that give you a warm fuzzy feeling? Grumble, grumble, grumb..l..e.

True but I think its 3 billion not 30...But it's the other promise that bothers me..The US promising to shield Israel from further actions...I mean is that even legal??
The UN is a lame duck as long as they still permit veto votes..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
You are right..it is 3 billion. I like adding zeroes when it comes to money! You are also right about
edit on 21-11-2010 by jdb51 because: double post

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
You are right..it is 3 billion. I like adding zeroes when it comes to money! You are also right about shielding Israel about further action. What IS that all about? Why do we continue to do Israel's bidding? Remember when Sharon stated that Israel "owned" the United States? Guess he was right!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdb51
You are right..it is 3 billion. I like adding zeroes when it comes to money! You are also right about shielding Israel about further action. What IS that all about? Why do we continue to do Israel's bidding? Remember when Sharon stated that Israel "owned" the United States? Guess he was right!

Yep, American politics,media,banks and most large corp's are all Israeli owned..
I just wish the people would wake up to it and put a stop to it..
It is literally invasion through stealth...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Really? Polard?... Just take the damned deal you idiot...

God, I hate politics..

Edit- I have found nothing about this in the newspapers.. It says the deal doesn't include Pollard..

Doesn't make sense that he would risk this deal by asking for Pollard..
edit on 21-11-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It's called politics, everybody does it, wake up..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

I am awake, to Israel's control of US politics...You ???
Israel should get NOTHING for stopping an illegal act, well nothing except for the condemnation they deserve..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It's not about Israel controlling illegal land, this is about leverage in the upcoming negotiations between Palestine and Israel..

On the grand scale of things it's all that matters...
Israel's control of U.S politics? Give me a break.. It's in the U.S's best interest to maintain its' ally in the middle east.. At times Israel was no more than a U.S pawn.. It probably still is..

Stop showing yourself off as weak.. America controls Israel, and not the other way around.

America controls the PA too, btw, if you haven't noticed..

The only reason this whole thing is happening is America said there's going to be peace between Israel and the PA.

Both sides are milking the most they can out of the whole thing, and that's it...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

more information in already existing topic, you can read over if you'd like
edit on 21-11-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join