It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Human Rights Committee is being abused by West

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

So Human Rights is not about Human Rights

That can't be right

Isn't there another committee where the West can settle their beef with Iran?

This is about Human Rights for god sakes, that is why they called it Human Rights

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

So Human Rights is not about Human Rights

That can't be right

Isn't there another committee where the West can settle their beef with Iran?

This is about Human Rights for god sakes, that is why they called it Human Rights

You keep on missing the point! It's not about human rights! It's about if I our enemy does it we will use it to crush them, if our ally does we will turn a blind eye. That simple! It's right & I support the coalition 100% against all terrorists

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

but the committee is about Human Rights..

Isn't it?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Danbones

I get it. You hate all Americans and blame all of us for anything any one of us does. What blame exactly do I hold if somebody who happens to be a Soldier does something wrong? When somebody from your Country does a wrong is it your fault also? You can't have it both ways. Either you have a Bigot's point of view or you do not?

thats the dumbest load of mistake i have heard from you yet Blaine, really
you claimed Muslims are bad because of the way you think they treat women
I was just putting it into perspective
I used your presentation style just to see how you like it
not much apparently

Im fighting for America

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

but the committee is about Human Rights..

Isn't it?

Answer is No. refer to previous post. Suggest you learn to read & comprehend LOL. you just can't handle the truth!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Blaine91555

one third of the women in the US army have been raped by american male soldiers
its considered to be a christian army and its not christian members constantly complain of harrassment
do you agree that the christian army of the US should not be raping it's own soldiers?
yes or no

thats so sickening I don't really care what the muslims MIGHT be doing

According to NPR, “In 2003, a survey of female veterans found that 30 percent said they were raped in the military. A 2004 study of veterans who were seeking help for post-traumatic stress disorder found that 71 percent of the women said they were sexually assaulted or raped while serving. And a 1995 study of female veterans of the Gulf and earlier wars, found that 90 percent had been sexually harassed.”

newsjunkiepost.com...
edit on 20-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

and like another poster quoted and was accurate:

What do you expect? Responsible reporting for one thing. It is certainly sickening -- and it is also untrue. It would help if people checked facts. The statistic so often (and so purposefully?) misquoted refers to 1/3 of women who later seek medical treatment at the Veterans Administration. THIS IS FAR DIFFERENT for the claim made here. While appalling enough the REAL figures are a fraction of those this irresponsible reporting provides. Benedict knows the real figures, guess it sells more books to inflate things.

Hes right on with that assessment , because those numbers are HUGELY skewed, not only that , it has NOTHING TO DO with the OP . Not to mention, the military has never been a "christian" military I dont know where you get that from, especially since people that serve are from ALL different religious and agnostic back grounds.........but go ahead fighting your crusade against Christianity.....

I like how you try to obfuscate tho, moving the conversation to another topic as to ignore the issue at hand.

besides that, Americans have been wanting the US to get out of the UN forever now, it just facilitates more corruption and nothing ever gets done. Its a waste of money and resources.....

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Why is it called Human Rights if it is not about Human Rights?

Does that make sense to you?

Why is America called America? For all we know, America could be Israel pretending to be America

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Why is it called Human Rights if it is not about Human Rights?

Does that make sense to you?

Why is America called America? For all we know, America could be Israel pretending to be America

Makes perfect sense. Read between the lines. it's all about defeating the enemy terrorists Iran. I thought you were taking mick! You really don't get the point LOL LOL

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

So the whole Human Right thing is just BS.

IS that the conclusion of our discussion

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I get it. You hate all Americans and blame all of us for anything any one of us does. What blame exactly do I hold if somebody who happens to be a Soldier does something wrong? When somebody from your Country does a wrong is it your fault also? You can't have it both ways. Either you have a Bigot's point of view or you do not?

thats the dumbest load of mistake i have heard from you yet Blaine, really
you claimed Muslims are bad because of the way you think they treat women
I was just putting it into perspective
I used your presentation style just to see how you like it
not much apparently

Im fighting for America

Sharia Law and muslim CULTURE of oppression towards their women, and CRIMES of rape against women here in the US are not even CLOSE to comparing the same thing, its apples and oranges..

We dont have a culture that says its ok to rape your wife, or rape another women, or comdemn them to death for cheating, or learning, or doing something that you dont approve of...

it is clear through history, and keeping up on the news in the countries where that culture is thriving, just how OFTEN things like this happen....

Rape happens in the US yes, but it has nothing to do with our religions , its a crime.......

Sharia Law and muslim culture in the middle east, TEACH these things, and its condoned ..

Huge HUGE difference Dan

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Sharia Law and muslim CULTURE of oppression towards their women

Hmmm UN & Sharia law in the same thread. Sharia law has the worlds worst record to human rights. It is plain out disgusting & anyone who agrees to this is a terrorist. The Muslims I know personally all hate it & have said they would refuse to live a society that condones it!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Your right. I overreacted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join